• JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2008
    38-3 Opener.

WOOT!
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    Tom Brady is hurt! I wonder for how long!!!
  • xemplarxemplar September 2008
    Eagles for SB champs this year!!!! WOOHOO!
  • BillBill September 2008
    They're going to play surprisingly well until October when McNabb gets hurt AGAIN and all the philly fans return to their caves.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2008
    Panthers 1
    Chargers 0

NFC champs here we come!
  • MagicMagic September 2008
    Brady to miss the rest of the season with ACL injury

New England is in a world of hurt.

Anyone watch the Falcons game? I'm not a fan of them, but they looked very good for being in a re-building year. I know it was against Detroit and that it shouldn't count for much -- but it'll be interesting to see how they develop during the year.

Dallas and Pittsburgh also looked pretty good. Fucking Baltimore defense pretty much screwed my chances at winning week 1 in the fantasy league, shutting down Palmer and Who's-Your-Momma.

Go Vikings on MNF!
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Falcons baby! let me know
    QUOTE (Bill @ Sep 7 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They're going to play surprisingly well until October when McNabb gets hurt AGAIN and all the philly fans return to their caves.

Have you seen Kolb play? He's ready. Unless he gets hurt too...
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Sep 7 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Tom Brady is hurt! I wonder for how long!!!

We'll find out sometime today after his MRI. Preliminary speculation is that it's his ACL and that would be a season ender for him, making Matt Cassel the starter for one of the strongest offensive teams in the league. He's largely untested and I don't think he's started at all for the team. But if it's true what they say about the team, it's not Brady, it's the system. So maybe he'd be a good fantasy trade as a backup qb once we find out what the deal with brady is.
    Matt Cassel has been a backup all his life (Trojans baby!), but I think he has the tools to man up for the Pats. Hey, Brady was a backup for Bledsoe and look how he turned out.
  • MedicMedic September 2008
    Crap and Brady was one of my FF picks.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever September 2008
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Sep 8 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Matt Cassel has been a backup all his life (Trojans baby!), but I think he has the tools to man up for the Pats. Hey, Brady was a backup for Bledsoe and look how he turned out.

sux to be you
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Sep 10 2008, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    sux to be you

Why? There's been talk for years that the team didn't revolve around Brady, but the offensive system. If Cassel can stay in the pocket and find his man, he should be just as capable of making plays as Brady. What remains to be tested are his vision and his leadership. The intangibles will be on display over the next 2 games and we'll see how it goes. Even if you love the Pat's, this is fascinating sports theater.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 10 2008, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Why? There's been talk for years that the team didn't revolve around Brady, but the offensive system. If Cassel can stay in the pocket and find his man, he should be just as capable of making plays as Brady. What remains to be tested are his vision and his leadership. The intangibles will be on display over the next 2 games and we'll see how it goes. Even if you love the Pat's, this is fascinating sports theater.

If you noticed that offense sux against teams who has defenses like the Eagles, Ravens, and Giants. If you noticed the Patriots played bad versus 3 teams last season, and they all had the same defense.
    why does it suck to be me? I personally hate the Pats and my boys Mattie Ryan and Mikey Turner are getting ready to sweep the NFC. let me know
    Sweep the NFC? Are you serious?

And the Pat's offense isn't just Brady. They have a very strong offensive line to support their pocket QB system, and they have very talented wide receivers. After watching all their highlight reels (seriously, you'd think ESPN would have named themselves the Patriots network for last season), I saw a QB with way too much time to through the ball. Sick a decent blitz package on him, and he begins to have trouble. Don't get me wrong, Brady is one of the best QBs in the league, but he is in a terrific offense.

Most of the Patriots' players could be getting paid much more, but want to stick together as a team. It's a lot of talent on a single team. Tom Brady is just a part of that.

I don't think the Pats are going to have a repeat performance of last year (perfect season), but they are still a big team in the AFC.
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    not really
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    Ok, first, i hate the patriots. Second, brady means SOO much to that offense. Bare in mind his first 2 super bowl wins featured Kevin Faulk/Corey Dillon at RB, and Troy Brown as #1 WR. Moss and Maroney made that shit easy hence a 16-0 regular season. Brady makes that shit spin. Second, ANY offensive scheme is a challenge to a rookie QB. I don't care if he watched Brady's every move, he is going to look like a rookie. That said, I still call the pats the team to beat in the division until i'm proven otherwise.

I'm also going to silence my critics who say, "but this is exactly like when bledsoe went down". If thats the first thing that pops into your head, you're a fucker and deserve to smell D-linemen jocks.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2008
    Carolina 2-0
    Chicago 1-1
    Booo Dallas. BOOOOOOOO!
    Did anyone understand the Defensive Delay of Game call?

They called it when everyone was lined up and ready to play...
  • MagicMagic September 2008
    <-- should have started Ronnie Brown this week

ugh
    no, but i do understand that philly rocked big ben to the core today. pinata style

i know your pain magic; in another league i just got played hard by a guy who started ronnie brown over ricky (he's 0-2 and has quite the shitty team, but this week is his image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> )
  • ebolaebola September 2008
    played julius jones, joseph addai, and maurice drew-jones this week. amerika fuck yea
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever October 2008
    Eagles really been sucking lately...... they need to play some better offense or True Believer is going to go over there and kick all their asses......

...than run away.
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    Panthers on the other hand are heading straight for the NFC Championship.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Oct 5 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Eagles really been sucking lately...... they need to play some better offense or True Believer is going to go over there and kick all their asses......

...than run away.

I disagree. They have had tremendous success with a healthy lineup. Jackson's making plays where he doesn't drop the ball before reaching the endzone. Westbrook had a decent game last night. No I don't think this weeks loss is the Eagles fault. I think the 'Skins are having a KILLER season.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Oct 6 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I disagree. They have had tremendous success with a healthy lineup. Jackson's making plays where he doesn't drop the ball before reaching the endzone. Westbrook had a decent game last night. No I don't think this weeks loss is the Eagles fault. I think the 'Skins are having a KILLER season.

Were you watching the same game as I was?

The redskins gave the Eagles so much to work with, but the Eagles couldn't deliver. We got the ball on the 40 yard line for a kick off violation, and how did we do after that? Well, lets just say 3 and out. The past 2 games the Eagles could not get a single touchdown inside the 5 yard line with all those chances they had, that is just ridiculous when you can not do that. As many success they had, they had more negatives in their game that they have to work out. Redskins played good, but they are not the best team in the NFL or the NFC for that matter, and I think the Eagles should have won that game, but they made way too many mistakes.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    It was the coaching staff that failed us. The play calling seemed to be completely off. Thank God our Defense is good. Otherwise the game would have been much more depressing.

The Eagles had the ball for about 2 minutes in the second quarter. That is insane. Hopefully, Curtis comes back next week. Then we can have a large pass game.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    I think the Eagles defense fell apart under the remarkable skins offense. They beat the boys last weekend didn't they?
    /I think?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    They did, but we have the #1 defense against the run (maybe not ranked that anymore due to Portis, but we still do have the best run stop), and for some reason, we let Portis run on us. We stopped them to field goals, but for over 30 minutes of game time, we didn't score a single point.
  • xemplarxemplar October 2008
    I love the Eagles, but I also hate them...GO PHILLIES!
    Hopefully the phillies will beat those dodgers and Big Fat Head on their team.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership