What is everyone doing these days?
  • buck3y3buck3y3 September 2008
    School or job wise?

I am currently running the Thrifty Car Rental location at the Orlando International Airport. Too many hours a week, but I finally moved up to the level where I don't have to work holidays and weekends.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    I'm doing web development at a creative studio called Modo Design Group (mododesigngroup.com). I work a lot, but I love the job, so I'm certainly not complaining.
  • mungomungo September 2008
    Congrats man, that's awesome. What are your hours like? Hopefully not neary as brutal as they once were...

I'm working at Barclays Capital. I'm one of those wall street traders that everyone hates for some reason. I worked for Lehman Brothers and got to experience the bankruptcy proceedings of a huge multi-national company that (as everyone hopefuly) knows has affects on not only our national economy, but has a ripple (yes Andrew, ripple, as in nipple) effect on our global economy.

My hours are from 6:15am-7:00pm. I'm living with two of my buddies and am seeing someone (a girl, thanks for questioning my sexuality, asses) for a little over a year now.

Work is pretty rough, and living in NYC and being 100% financially independent is much harder than I expected -- but we make due. The worst part is food, something I'm not willing to give up, as it costs me on average over $30/day.

I uninstalled CS back in April? March? May? Somewhere around there. I'm not sure if I'll reinstall just yet; but we'll see. I try to go to the gym 5 times a week, and with work, friends, girly, and gym it's hard to find a reason to give it a shot again. If more people from FD played, I might be more inclined; even if only for a weekend.

I haven't spoken to many people for awhile, and I apologize to everyone for that. I gave my computer to my parents and my laptop gets here tomorrow. If it shows up tomorrow it'll have only taken 3 weeks to get here.image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'll make more of an effort to post on these forums, jack your threads, and dole out that Jewish humor that everyone misses.
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Thrifty, buckeye? I'll be sure to come in and annoy you next time I fly back home.

And right now I am again at USC for my sophomore year. I swear to god if the Pac-10's shittiness keeps us from the BCS bowl......
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Sep 23 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm doing web development at a creative studio called Modo Design Group (mododesigngroup.com). I work a lot, but I love the job, so I'm certainly not complaining.

That's pretty freakin' sweet. I just started coding for machinery at Gore, and am posturing for associate status (benefits, salary etc.) After that it's just sittin around with cool folks doing something I like and makin' dough. Sounds like you're already there.
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch September 2008
    Grats to everyone with real jobs...

I'm still in college, preparing myself to be a professional band nerd. If things keep going the way they are, I'm probably going to grad school for tuba performance, if not, then out to the real world to teach.

I haven't made a whole lot of time for games, but my friends across the hall just got Halo 3...I suck at it, lol.

I just kind of wiggled my way back onto forums now that I've managed to re-balance out time between school, practice, and marching band.

Speaking of marching band, beware of the forthcoming shameless plug:

If you feel so inclined, the IUP marching band is performing at the Allentown Collegiate Marching Band Showcase at J. Birney Crum (spelling questionable) Stadium in Allentown. It's pretty much across the road from Muhlenberg College. You should come if you have nothing to do this sunday, because we rock and we're playing a Beatles show.

/shameless plug.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much having a good time at school. It's far from home, and that's lame, but I have a lot of like-minded band dorks to hang out with all the time.
  • coffeecoffee September 2008
    I work in modeling. Geomodeling. At Chevron Canada Resources.

I commute 1 hour to work (~40 driving, ~20 C-Train), and 1/2 hour back. I hate my life for those 1.5 hours. Therefore, I am currently looking for a house in Calgary (I live outside of) and hope to move out within 4-6 months.

Like mungo, I try to mask my homosexuality by doing manly things like working out. I hardly ever play games anymore, unless it involves alcohol, the wii, or super smash brothers, or old school goldeneye/zperfect dark, and those nights are few and far between.

also, for any canadians on the forums (...) please vote Conservative on Oct.14! The Liberals' "Green Shift" carbon tax is clnically retarded and will fuck up the economy. Like the Jesus, Stephane Dion is a pederast, and he WILL fuck you.
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    After been kicked out of 2 schools, i've now settled on a smaller venue at the local community college. I'm currently on my 3rd semester, which is nice considering they only offer associate degrees. My father still has rediculously high hopes for me (he has his doctorate) so i'm probably in the long haul for another 2-3 years, since i will have to transfer. Hey, at least i got my shit together and am going to school, amirite?

Most people know wow damaged me in ways we do not speak of. I think i've cleared the biggest hurdle in my recovery as i haven't played in 6 weeks now (yes I want a goddamn cookie). I played CS for the first time in months a few nights ago. It was as lame as i remembered.

If more kids from FD ever played, I would probably play a bit more.
  • PsychoBudPsychoBud September 2008
    Wow....I'm working for two companies...one I started myself doing freelance programming, and computer maintenance (cleaning virii, speeding machines up, basically being a smaller and cheaper "geek squad" for computer issues), and working more hours than I can count for a startup my brother in law and I got into, selling auto warranties and aftermarket products via direct mailer and online sales.

I WISH I had Gov's job, or Mungo's, either one, but with my record, I can't get a sec 7...lol

As for lately, I had a lousy hunting season...saw several, had shots on none (only went bow season), and my kid snapped his forearm in two sunday night, ruining my chances to go out on the last few hours of early elk season (not that I begrudge him that...he REALLY got hurt).
    Shit. It's like this forum is for grown ups now.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon September 2008
    I don't matter or anything, but I just started up at a community college and I work as a sales associate at Big 5 Sporting Goods. The management is incompetent, the customers are dicks, and the hours suck, but I like most of my co-workers. Aiming for a transfer to Cal Poly to major in Software Engineering, mostly so I can rent a house there with a bunch of friends.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2008
    Hey everybody! I got a job working for Pepco Holdings Inc. I'm stationed in Newark, Delaware. If any of you people have Pepco, DPL (Delaware Power and Lighting), or ACE (Atlantic City Electric) as your power company. I thank you, because you are giving me my paychecks.

I'm working with FileNet. It is a document imaging system. We just spent four weeks installing the new platform, and I'll be doing custom programs at some point or another for it. It is a cool system.
  • AlfyAlfy September 2008
    I sold my company (Don't worry, I didn't make any money). I now work at a software development company in Grand Rapids, Michigan called Access Programming Group. I work 9-5, and it is alright. Got married, and bought a house. That is pretty much it for me.
  • ebolaebola September 2008
    will reply to this thread in a year and a half.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2008
    Finished up my degree in December in Political Science. Waiting to hear from the Navy now as to when I leave for OCS. Hopefully it will be any day soon. Until then, I'm currently looking for a job as I lost mine bar tending a few weeks ago. Not easy to do when I know I'm probably leaving in a few weeks.

I thought about the car rental place but I have heard nothing but negative things about the hours and companies that run them. We'll see.
  • MagicMagic September 2008
    I work for one of the Big 4 accounting firms (KPMG -- Deloitte&Touche, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Ernst&Young are the other 3). I'm an Internal Auditor, meaning I don't concentrate on financial statements, but operational improvements or verifying compliance with regulations. I get contracted out to other companies who want to improve their processes but don't have the desire/ability to have a full time Internal Auditing staff. It's pretty interesting, I get to look at a lot of different process at a lot of different companies in a lot of different locations. The travel and hours are killing me. Last year I spent 9 months away from home, and this year has been worse as I've only been in town 8 weeks. It's not something I plan on doing forever -- but the experience and moolah are worth it right now.

Outside of work, I'm moving out of my apartment and into a townhouse this Sunday with some friends. I pretend to be juggling girls, but not really -- not too many are cool with me never being around.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 September 2008
    I'm fucking awesome.
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    Sophmore year of high school

Playing sports with friends

Playing Counter-Strike

Playing in a band (guitar)

Bothering Tom

Bothering Court

Pirating things for no good reason

Being taller than CJ

Sleeping in class
  • GachiGachi September 2008
    Well, I currently work at Lowes, and do enjoy the people that i work with however, life is not satisfying enough and my family really isn't going anywhere fast. I want more out of life, the ability to travel, and even the possibility to get my bachelors degree down the road. My wife and I are hopefully soon going to take on a new venture. Like Pheylan, who is awaiting his OCS packet from the Navy, I am awaiting word from the Bureau of Medicine (Dept of the Navy) if they approve or disapprove of me enlisting in the United States Marine Corps. I took my ASVAB and Physical over a week and a half ago, passed all and was cleared medically, so we'll see. This opportunity will allow my family and I to travel, not be stuck here in lame ass PA and open up doors for our future. Will most certainly keep you all informed as word comes around.

I randomly play CS and TF2 nowadays. You'll find me on resin or on Meathammers new gotnuttin server when it comes to CS, as for TF2, its all random.
  • crazyd1415crazyd1415 September 2008
    web developer on the weekdays.

club promoter on the weekends.
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Sep 23 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I randomly play CS and TF2 nowadays. You'll find me on resin or on Meathammers new gotnuttin server when it comes to CS, as for TF2, its all random.

You should join me and my guys at this TF2 server called NoobGamers. Don't let the name fool you; it's pretty classy, and quite a few decent people show up there. I play under the name [AF] Oh Shit! It's Dr. SPARTA, or [AF] Colored Balloon.
    QUOTE (crazyd1415 @ Sep 24 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    web developer on the weekdays.

club promoter on the weekends.

Scandalous!
  • PhilPhil September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 23 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Shit. It's like this forum is for grown ups now.

For reals.

I'm taking 1 semester off from studying measurement, statistics and evaluation. I moved from Baltimore to Miami, AZ, so my fiancee could do an internship on the San Carlos Apache reservation. In 2 weeks, we move to Window Rock, AZ to do a similar study on the Navajo Nation reservation. I'm currently working at the tribe's fitness center, teaching people to lift and doing some work organizing their files into an Access DB.

For fun...I bought a motorcycle (04 ninja 250) when I got out here, because it hardly ever rains and the roads are beautiful. When in DC, I joined the Baltimore DC Eagles to play Australian Rules Football. We're currently ranked first in the US, and I'll be driving to Colorado for Nationals in a few weeks. Been doing some working out to support my ability to play that crazy-assed sport.

As for games...we have pirated wireless here in the apartment, and will probably be moving into a trailer when its time to go up to Window Rock. I tried to play some CS, but couldn't connect to any servers Plus, not a ton of time to game. Gotta be asleep early and up early to drive out to the rez...

Coming back to the east coast in January. 2 more semesters to get my masters. Planning on getting married sometime between June and Sept of 2009.
    Phil's life makes me smile.
  • KPKP September 2008
    I am working as a Communication Manager/Assistant Manager in Kathmandu, Nepal. Kathmandu is a pretty crazy place, but I am starting to like it and actually get use to it. Sure there is no power for 35 hours a week, you can't drink the water, the meat is questionable, gas is scarce, and it seems that everyone wants to strike everyday for some reason or another, but thats ok. There are a lot more Expats, and nice restaurants here than you would think.

Since moving here:

Eaten more vegetables than I have eaten in the rest of my life put together
    Learned how to ride a motorcycle in the craziest streets
    Gotten in the best shape of my life
    Met some great people
    Had a management position
    Seen how balla UN vehicles actually are

I will probably be here for 1 - 2 years. Be home for xmas.

• azn+mikeazn mike September 2008
    wait meat has a new new server? wftux lol.

• coffeecoffee September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 24 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Phil's life makes me smile.

at worst, I feel bad for a while
    but then I just smile
    I go ahead and smile
    lala la lala la lala la lala la

/lyrics
  • Funky+Pa%26%23036%3Bta+T0mmYFunky Pa$ta T0mmY September 2008
    I just started studying horticulture at college!

I still don't noes what I want to do specifiaclly with my job life, but I am certain that this is the kidn of field I want to work in, so it's good fun, al be it slightly strange studying again after having not done so for two years.

Looking for an evening job at the moment, am reluctant to go back to bar work but may have no choice when the monies run out!
    Started playing badminton again at a club which is nice and just generally being my awesome self out in London town or footy on the weekends!

• GmnotutooGmnotutoo September 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Sep 24 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still don't noes what I want to do specifiaclly with my job life, but I am certain that this is the kidn of field I want to work in, so it's good fun, al be it slightly strange studying again after having not done so for two years.

Looking for an evening job at the moment, am reluctant to go back to bar work but may have no choice when the monies run out!
    Started playing badminton again at a club which is nice and just generally being my awesome self out in London town or footy on the weekends!

Finishing up pre-reqs for OT work. Essentially if you has a stroke, I teaches you to brush your teeth again.

My weed smoking has been cut in half.

I prostitute myself at retail still.

I am better at horticulture than Tommy.
    hey jason my sister is doing graduate OT work at USC right now, how coincidental. are we related?
  • jump3rjump3r September 2008
    I'm at school in Ottawa... Still. Studying Health Science at the University of Ottawa. I don't have as many cool courses and Organic Chem II is killing me slowly. But that's the hardest class I have, but looks like I might need another Chem course after this image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

And I hate the city. Everyone (not including student pop.) is a complete retard.
    Still as lazy as ever.
    I don't play anymore games, partly because of time limitations and partly the shitty laptop.

I'm trying to find something fun to do (tried clubbing/concerts, etc. during the summer, not really my thing).

Haven't drank any alcohol in a while (no time image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ), but a few friends want to try salvia (legal herb that makes you hallucinate) but I'm still on the fence about it.

Nothing new.
    QUOTE (Arvin @ Sep 24 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Haven't drank any alcohol in a while (no time image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ), but a few friends want to try salvia (legal herb that makes you hallucinate) but I'm still on the fence about it.

It's okay. If you do enough at once (tricky if you don't smoke anything cause it's so hot) you have a pretty intense experiencial hallucination that starts about 15-30 seconds after your first hit and lasts up to a minute or two and leaves you with a pretty hit and miss after feeling. I've felt awesome afterwards but I've also had a less pleasant experience that wasn't that bad at the time, but I was irritable all freakin' day.

Other than that, there's always time for alcohol.
    /2 beers a day keeps the doctor away.
    //so far
  • mungomungo September 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Sep 24 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You and your Harry Potter schools.
  • WedgeWedge September 2008
    For just over a year now I've been working for a small police department here in the Hamp. I'm currently in dispatch, and we dispatch for three police departments and four fire/ambulance departments. This is a stepping stone for me as I'm looking to get into the patrol part of this job.

The job keeps me pretty busy and i like it a lot. We have to be ready for anything we get called for and i really like that part of the job. No day in there is ever the same.

Glad to see most people are having a good time and living good lives
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof September 2008
    Well I am in my last semester of school graduating with a major in Aeronautical studies minor in Flight Technology. I have training in Oklahoma City between Nov 19 - Mar 25 to be an Air Traffic Controller, and after that I will be a controller out of Cleveland. Luckily all my teachers are letting me graduate early.

Glad to hear everyone is doing some cool stuff.
    There were a couple people who could be counted on for bad news. Wtf happened to Roj for example? Things weren't going his way last I remember.
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 25 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There were a couple people who could be counted on for bad news. Wtf happened to Roj for example? Things weren't going his way last I remember.

IIRC he is working now and plays CS quite regularly.
  • ErlingErling September 2008
    Not playing WoW... not playing Wo-Fuck I'm playing WoW...
    ahahahaha.

I'm on another TF2 binge, so if anyone wants to get together and play sometime and i'm on steam lmk!
  • xemplarxemplar September 2008
    I'm a senior and have no idea what I want to major in or what college I am going to. lol.
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Sep 25 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm a senior and have no idea what I want to major in or what college I am going to. lol.

Welcome to the club.
    I'm 3.5 year removed from highschool and don't know what i want to do (It's not a very prestigious club).
    I'm 1 year removed from college and I don't know what I want to do.

/I just know what I'm doing... and good at.
    //The two don't always match...
  • fratersangfratersang September 2008
    Currently still plugging away at my degree, I'll be done soon though.

Currently working as a web designer for one part of campus, and an IT Helpdesk worker elsewhere.

Looking to move to the east coast afterwards for grad school, not sure where yet, wherever the wind takes me.
  • buck3y3buck3y3 September 2008
    hopefully the wind takes you out of crappy ass michigan!

I should have mentioned that I moved in with my gf and her two kids and am expecting our first child together in early Jan. Thanks to all who posted its cool to see whats going on with everyone.
  • BrianBrian September 2008
    My life may be radically different in January, so I'll respond back when I know more. Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, etc.
  • fratersangfratersang September 2008
    QUOTE (buck3y3 @ Sep 26 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should have mentioned that I moved in with my gf and her two kids and am expecting our first child together in early Jan. Thanks to all who posted its cool to see whats going on with everyone.

How does chuck feel about all of this? Do you two still share the satin sheets from time to time?

gratz meng. Hope everything goes according to plan for you!

/Teach that crotch fruit to shoot guns with a mouse
    //train the next generation of slackers!

Another hot latino woman? God knows freckles was a keeper! It's nice to see you stray away from the little boys now. (I keed, i keed. Chuck never looks at the forums anymore, so it had to be done.)
  • PhilPhil September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 26 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm 1 year removed from college and I don't know what I want to do.

/I just know what I'm doing... and good at.
    //The two don't always match...

I am 4 years removed from college and 8 years out of highschool...

and I clearly have no idea what I want to do.
    QUOTE (Phil @ Sep 26 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am 4 years removed from college and 8 years out of highschool...

and I clearly have no idea what I want to do.

phil, i'm about to go see Hotspur in a couple weeks, they're in town playing in Hollywood I believe. I thought of you
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership