Vicious Palin smear thread
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    Let's start with this attack that has no bearing on her ability to lead whatsoever.

Alaska Republican Majority: You're under investigation.
    Palin: This is a witch-hunt. I refuse to cooperate with your witch-hunt. Subpoena's be damned.
    Alaska Republican Majority: You must cooperate with the investigation
    Palin: I am. I'm cooperating with the investigation headed by a democrat. (and staffed by 3 people who answer directly to me)

So next time I get a parking ticket, can I fight it by calling it a political witch-hunt? Can I then get 3 of my friends together to head the police investigation into my speeding?

I'm so fucking tired of politicians hiding behind their politics.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2008
    This is the attitude of all most politicians now-a-days. It isn't a new mentality, either. The "rulers" always thought they were above the general population. The people in Washington are hardly the average Joe. If we set the system back to the way it initially was (congress as an unpaid position). The population would actually benefit greatly. That is never going to happen.

What could happen is a revolution of sorts. The population taking it on themselves to be the government watchdogs. We all know how good the media has been at that job. Also, bringing in third parties and independents into the spot light could help tremendously. If people who haven't played the republican/democrat game to get ahead got public support (Ron Paul?), then the parties would have to start thinking of changing their tune.

As it stands now, the last worry of a politician are the people he/she was elected to serve.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Sep 25 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This is the attitude of all most politicians now-a-days.

I remember this guy handing over his medical records even without a subpoena. I think he might have provided not only a legal copy of his birth certificate but when pressed showed his real one to a bunch of reporters. There was also something about taxes and him releasing his documentation. I'm pretty sure I recall him releasing a list of his donors, reviewing it, and returning money that came from PACs and lobbyists, even if those lobbyists are from non-profit organizations. Then there was the time...

image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
  • EvestayEvestay September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 25 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I remember this guy handing over his medical records even without a subpoena. I think he might have provided not only a legal copy of his birth certificate but when pressed showed his real one to a bunch of reporters. There was also something about taxes and him releasing his documentation. I'm pretty sure I recall him releasing a list of his donors, reviewing it, and returning money that came from PACs and lobbyists, even if those lobbyists are from non-profit organizations. Then there was the time...

Sorry if I'm slow or something, but are you saying that Obama did all of those things? I would dispute the medical records part because McCain released like 128 pages of stuff and Obama's records were only a few pages (yes I know he is healthier anyway). Also, I'm not so sure about him releasing lists of all his donors. Yes all are listed, but the method might not actually indicate who is part of certain groups listed etc (I can look it up if you care).

And about Palin.. As Governor she was fine with the bipartisan committee handling the investigation, but as VP candidate the McCain handlers are who stepped in and slowed down the whole investigation. So it wasnt necessarily an indication of her unwillingness to participate/willingness to hide things.
    M.C. Cain released his medical records (yes, 100+ pages) for a limited time, in a closed room. That seemed a bit fishy to me.

As for Obama, his biggest flaw (to me that is) is that he voted 97% with his party line. He may have a good reason for that, but it suggest he doesn't think too much for himself. This is also a McCain problem as well. McCain voted with G.W. 95% of the time. Not too maverick-y.
  • coffeecoffee September 2008
    whatever. still hot. (relative to political girlspace) If anything this guy wooten's kind of a douche ["it's coming back around again" - ZDR]

i like the way she handles that microphone, fingers wrapped around the base firmly but gently..

obama's a bonafide hustla making his name. mccain's 72 years closer to death
    I found the Obama donation thing I was looking for:
    http://patdollard.com/2008/08/hussein-gets...aza-with-video/
    Atlas reader Cathy has been indispensable in helping to track Obama’s very questionable campaign donations. She found a one mother of a red flag. There is a large contributor in the ‘G’s’. Largest. Name is Monir Edwan. City is Rafah and the State is GA. You’d think GA is for Georgia. IT’S NOT! There is no Rafah Georgia.It’s Rafah GAZA. Although election donor data indicate Georgia, USA here: Donation Details: Adwan, Monir | Rafah, Georgia. There ain’t no such place in the land of Georgia peaches.

It’s a Gaza refugee camp.

The file attached has both Monir & Hosam Edwan. Both from Rafah. Both over allowed spending limit. Here is the file: (File only @ Atlas ) Download EdwanDetail.xls. It details Edwans’s contributions totalling $24,321.41.The contributions are all to Obama the candidate. Different files for the party or committees.

Cathy’s source of the data is from the FEC site.

On the Adwan Monir link in the story above, if you click “Rafah” another list with more doners with names like Edwan Osama, Edwan Hosam, and Adwan Monir appear on the list. That amout totals to $37,981.
    QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 25 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    whatever. still hot. (relative to political girlspace) If anything this guy wooten's kind of a douche ["it's coming back around again" - ZDR]

Once again:
    Palin is not being investigated for firing Wooten. She's under investigating for firing his boss for not firing him. Which she can't do legally.

Feel free to make all the jokes you want, but try to base them in reality please.
    QUOTE (Evestay @ Sep 25 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I found the Obama donation thing I was looking for:
    http://patdollard.com/2008/08/hussein-gets...aza-with-video/

You must be referring to the donations he returned.

No mention of that in the Dollard article though.

Meanwhile you're saying that you just don't believe that the records Obama released are complete... and that if you look REALLY hard you can find contributions that are questionable, or even illegal, so if you neglect to recognize that he returns all of that money when he finds out... he seems like a kind of shady guy.

Got it. Next you'll be saying he's not a citizen and can't run.

/My medical records are 2 pages long. I have been diagnosed with Asthma and ADD and have been extensively treated for both.
    //2 pages.
    thanks for that article ANunes, I obviously didnt know the money was returned.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 25 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You must be referring to the donations he returned.

Your article said:
    The donations came in between Sept. 20 and Dec. 6 and virtually all of the money, about $33,500, was returned by December 6. But the refunds weren’t reported to the Federal Election Commission due to a technical error, campaign officials said.

The remaining $2,500 was refunded Monday

http://donordata.org/rafah-city.htm
    This info has all the contributions from Rafah citizens and it adds up to $37,981. So some hasnt been given back, but yes Obama did a good job figuring it out and rectifying it.
    Yeah I was being a little snarky. Sorry about that. I just spend WAY too much time reading about crap like that over and over when it's been discussed already and basically proven to be either overblown shilling, or completely false.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 25 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah I was being a little snarky. Sorry about that. I just spend WAY too much time reading about crap like that over and over when it's been discussed already and basically proven to be either overblown shilling, or completely false.

That's politics.
  • coffeecoffee September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 25 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Once again:
    Palin is not being investigated for firing Wooten. She's under investigating for firing his boss for not firing him. Which she can't do legally.

Feel free to make all the jokes you want, but try to base them in reality please.

i guess wooten's not the only one who's a douche

i'm kidding of course! it's just that i don't follow american politics as closely as my own and as a consequence i'm out of touch. but point taken, i'll stop spamming your threads with my idiotic drivel image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • ErlingErling September 2008
    I honestly think I could've put forth a better interview than that.
    Erling for VP?
    QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 25 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i guess wooten's not the only one who's a douche

i'm kidding of course! it's just that i don't follow american politics as closely as my own and as a consequence i'm out of touch. but point taken, i'll stop spamming your threads with my idiotic drivel image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah, that guy sucks goat dick.

/Feel free to spam, just prepare to see a bigger, more correct post to follow it up if your post is a 2 week old talking point
    //gotta stay current if your gonna catch me off guard image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    ///Today's is: The biggest lie in the media today is that John McCain doesn't want to debate Barack Obama. In conjunction with mentioning that WaMu just failed it paints McCain as the superman of congress.
    hardy har har found more dirt on Obama's fundraising reporting. http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/Obama_fun.../29/135718.html
    Unlike the McCain campaign, which has made its complete donor database available online, the Obama campaign has not identified donors for nearly half the amount he has raised, according to the Center for Responsive Politics (CRP).

Federal law does not require the campaigns to identify donors who give less than $200 during the election cycle. However, it does require that campaigns calculate running totals for each donor and report them once they go beyond the $200 mark.

Surprisingly, the great majority of Obama donors never break the $200 threshold.

“Contributions that come under $200 aggregated per person are not listed,” said Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the FEC. “They don’t appear anywhere, so there’s no way of knowing who they are.”

The FEC breakdown of the Obama campaign has identified a staggering $222.7 million as coming from contributions of $200 or less. Only $39.6 million of that amount comes from donors the Obama campaign has identified.

It is the largest pool of unidentified money that has ever flooded into the U.S. election system
    , before or after the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reforms of 2002.

In a letter dated June 25, 2008, the FEC asked the Obama campaign to verify a series of $25 donations from a contributor identified as “Will, Good” from Austin, Texas.

Mr. Good Will listed his employer as “Loving” and his profession as “You.”

A Newsmax analysis of the 1.4 million individual contributions in the latest master file for the Obama campaign discovered 1,000 separate entries for Mr. Good Will, most of them for $25.

In total, Mr. Good Will gave $17,375.

Following this and subsequent FEC requests, campaign records show that 330 contributions from Mr. Good Will were credited back to a credit card. But the most recent report, filed on Sept. 20, showed a net cumulative balance of $8,950 -- still well over the $4,600 limit.

There can be no doubt that the Obama campaign noticed these contributions, since Obama’s Sept. 20 report specified that Good Will’s cumulative contributions since the beginning of the campaign were $9,375.

In an e-mailed response to a query from Newsmax, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt pledged that the campaign would return the donations.

Similarly, a donor identified as “Pro, Doodad,” from “Nando, NY,” gave $19,500 in 786 separate donations, most of them for $25. For most of these donations, Mr. Doodad Pro listed his employer as “Loving” and his profession as “You,” just as Good Will had done.

But in some of them, he didn’t even go this far, apparently picking letters at random to fill in the blanks on the credit card donation form. In these cases, he said he was employed by “VCX” and that his profession was “VCVC.”

Following FEC requests, the Obama campaign began refunding money to Doodad Pro in February 2008. In all, about $8,425 was charged back to a credit card. But that still left a net total of $11,165 as of Sept. 20, way over the individual limit of $4,600.

Here again, LaBolt pledged that the contributions would be returned but gave no date.

In February, after just 93 donations, Doodad Pro had already gone over the $2,300 limit for the primary. He was over the $4,600 limit for the general election one month later.

In response to FEC complaints, the Obama campaign began refunding money to Doodad Pro even before he reached these limits. But his credit card was the gift that kept on giving. His most recent un-refunded contributions were on July 7, when he made 14 separate donations, apparently by credit card, of $25 each.

The FEC has compiled a separate database of potentially questionable overseas donations that contains more than 11,500 contributions totaling $33.8 million. More than 520 listed their “state” as “IR,” often an abbreviation for Iran. Another 63 listed it as “UK,” the United Kingdom.

-any donations by foreigners are illegal (must be US citizen like a diplomat or soldier and most Obama overseas contributors are)
    In July and August, the head of the Nigeria’s stock market held a series of pro-Obama fundraisers in Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city. The events attracted local Nigerian business owners.

At one event, a table for eight at one fundraising dinner went for $16,800. Nigerian press reports claimed sponsors raked in an estimated $900,000.

The sponsors said the fundraisers were held to help Nigerians attend the Democratic convention in Denver. But the Nigerian press expressed skepticism of that claim, and the Nigerian public anti-fraud commission is now investigating the matter.
    That said a whole lot of nothing... I read that it isn't Obama's job to figure out all of the <200 dollar donors, of which there are, "a staggering $222.7 million". But at the same time it's inconceivable that Obama didn't notice $9,000... bullshit.

9,000/222,700,000 = 9/222,700 how could he miss that!

Also, people making up fake names and donating to him is not his fault. And he's doing, and more importantly, he has done what he can when he can to get all that money straightened out. The very fact that he can manage "the largest pool of unidentified money that has ever flooded into the U.S. election system" speaks volumes about his managerial skills.

/spun
    /but seriously, that's newsmax man... newsmax... look at the ads to see how stupid they think you are and then ask yourself, "am I this stupid?"
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    Jesus. More of the Couric interview was released in conjunction with Biden answering more or less the same questions.
    Here's a comparison video of the two answering the question on Roe v Wade and other supreme court decisions.

/I seriously couldn't make it through her answer.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    Ahem. The woman is not only functionally incapable of running her state, let alone the country. She's also corrupt as all get out. And the poster-child of government waste.

The office of the Republican vice-presidential nominee has quoted prices as high as $15 million for copies of state e-mails requested by news organizations and citizens.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership