Sperm Donation
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Recently, in the best tradition of college students everywhere, I was brainstorming ways of making cash to feed myself, and stumbled across this particular gem. I applied at the website below and I passed the initial online application screening; I have to set up an appointment next week for a in-person interview and a semen sample. According to the e-mail they sent me, it's $100/donation.....so basically every time I ejaculate I'm essentially spurting out a benjamin.

Thoughts? Issues? I'm still not entirely sure I want to go through with this but we'll see how the appointment goes....

http://www.cryobank.com/

• MagicMagic September 2008
    I'm suprised you passed the inital screening -- don't you have to have a penis to do this?
    Magic, as much as i want to produce your babies, my hate for you grwos stronger every psot. man i love alcohol.

for rtghe record, i made my appoint for this week, i will update you playas on ho wit goes. thanks
  • Funky+Pa%26%23036%3Bta+T0mmYFunky Pa$ta T0mmY September 2008
    This could come back and bite you in the arse. Don't take it lightly.
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Sep 27 2008, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Magic, as much as i want to produce your babies, my hate for you grwos stronger every psot. man i love alcohol.

for rtghe record, i made my appoint for this week, i will update you playas on ho wit goes. thanks

It's a love-hate relationship.
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Sep 27 2008, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See everyone I've talked to says this, but honestly there's really no way it can if I don't want it to. I can donate anonymously, and the chances of my particular sperm being used is very low. And I see nothing wrong with helping people while fulfilling my evolutionary mission.

Magic, you make me cry and smile at the same time. It's like an unstoppable tidal wave of emotion....
  • PhilPhil September 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Sep 27 2008, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a really good GQ article on this within the last year, made the issue very real, good first person account.
  • Funky+Pa%26%23036%3Bta+T0mmYFunky Pa$ta T0mmY September 2008
    Say what you will about anonymous donation, but I think if your offspring wants to find you they will. I'm sure for adoptive children finding out where they come from can be very important to them. Futhermore think about how you may feel in20 years knowing you may have a child out there who is being raised in a way you don't approve of.

I don't think sperm donation is the best way to make a quick buck to be honest.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    I think it's a great idea. I don't really follow Tommy's line of reasoning here... Why is it bad to have your sperm used to create babies? Isn't that what it's for?
  • BrianBrian September 2008
    Personally, I'm incredibly disappointed because I don't meet the donor height qualification image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I say go for it man. Why not?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever September 2008
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Sep 28 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Say what you will about anonymous donation, but I think if your offspring wants to find you they will. I'm sure for adoptive children finding out where they come from can be very important to them. Futhermore think about how you may feel in20 years knowing you may have a child out there who is being raised in a way you don't approve of.

I don't think sperm donation is the best way to make a quick buck to be honest.

I agree with Tommy. Not just finding out about the children, but knowing that you have children that you will not get to raise and will probably never even meet would be a dreadful thought popping in my head every once in a while. But, if money is more important than knowing a child of yours than go ahead and do it.
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Sep 27 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Magic, you make me cry and smile at the same time. It's like an unstoppable tidal wave of emotion....

I hate everything about you
    why do I love you?

I don't think its that big a deal to do this. Instead of napkin babies you'll be making cup babies. I also don't think there would be a way for a child to fin out who donated the juice that resulted in their life, would there? Adoptive kids can track down their parents sometimes -- but this is totally different. He's jerking off into a cup that's going to be kept in some sort of cooler or something, with an insanely low chance of that being chosen for baby-making. If it is chosen, there's not a 100% chance of it resulting in a kid, and if it did how would the kid trace it back? The kid may be able to trace it back to the sperm bank location, but if he's donating annonymoulsy then there's not going to be a name attached to the cup -- just descriptors?

I'm making educated guesses about the process -- but I still think his identity would be safe.
  • coffeecoffee September 2008
    What does your girlfriend think about this? Does she mind that there is a possibility your sperm could be chosen to impregnate some random woman. if you and I were going out (fingers crossed!) I wouldn't be too thrilled
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    I see a lot of moral conjecturing going on here. Coffee: if your girlfriend was tight on cash and decided to donate a few eggs, what difference would/should that make to you? I don't think there's anything wrong, and by trying to call moral judgment into the discussion I think a lot of people are tipping their hands. There's no good reason not to donate sperm as long as you think about it first. I don't think it's fair to remind him that that sperm might be used to *gasp* make a baby. And at least he's not donating plasma, which is actually, you know... dangerous.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2008
    Bottom line:

It is your decision. It is safe and legal. Do it if you think it is a good idea and if you are comfortable with it.

fake edit: Grab me some magazines while you are there. Thanks.
    I'd actually be cool with an 18 year old popping into my life a ways down the road. I'd promptly kick him back out, but it wouldn't cause undue emotional strain.

/on me at least.
    //maybe on the kid
    ///I might be persuaded to care. maybe.
    Yeah, uh, let's just say my girlfriend has no knowledge of these proceedings. You're probably cooler than her anyways coffee image/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
    oh i have no objections, moral or otherwise, but it's like, couldn't you do something else to get money instead of making babies while we're dating/married/whatever? It's like if the Colts made a trade for Marc Bulger before the deadline this year. What would Peyton think (WWPT)? He would probably be confused because the owners traded for another QB instead of trying to fix that slut of an offensive line, but cannot say that he disapproves because they nonetheless have improved the team, demonstrating their commitment to winning; Peyton/Bulger is better than Peyton/Sorgi.

i'm fairly certain that analogy doesn't make any fucking sense, but it did at the time.

maybe i'm just unsettled by the possibility of a bunch of little Blacklights running around trampling over my daisies and stealing carrots out of my vegetable garden... or is that rabbits
    Coffee... what are you smoking and where did you get it?

edit: and what was the cost?
    QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 29 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i'm fairly certain that analogy doesn't make any fucking sense, but it did at the time.

Your certainty is matched only by your correctness.

I think you are referring to sending the impression to your significant other that you'd rather make babies with ANYBODY but her, but I think it actually sends the message that you'd rather make money than jerk off for free.
    sort of, but not really. i was tired and smoked concussive amounts of the priciest methamphetamine while posting that.

i guess it's more of a supplementary reason to the main point of why go dicking around, literally, when you've got a good thing going. Sure it might net you a few wins (money), but it might upset your team chemistry (significant other). In this analogy, Marc Bulger is your cum. Some women don't take kindly if they find out you're spilling your seed for someone other than them or into a sock.
    1. She won't know.

2. I might not pass the screening anyways

3. Our relationship is on the rocks.

4. I'm thinking of cheating on her with you, coffee.
  • MeatonMeaton September 2008
    sorry guys but Gachi just gave a huge amont and tehy no longer need to take anymore in for 5 years thank you LOL
    OH NO! The world will be ruled by all of Gachi's offspring. MADNESS!
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon September 2008
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Sep 30 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, fuck, no...
  • MagicMagic October 2008
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Sep 30 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean there would be even MORE white people thinking they were black?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever October 2008
    QUOTE (Magic @ Oct 2 2008, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You mean there would be even MORE white people thinking they were black?

haha
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership