• GovernorGovernor October 2008
    Because of the upcoming release of diablo 3, I'm kind of interested in tackling the whole series again from the beginning. Is anyone interested in playing through d1, d2, and d2:lod over the upcoming weeks/months?

I can only play in the evenings, and I probably wouldn't be playing every day, but I would be playing as much as I could. I don't want to be rushed through anything; I'm kind of interested in playing through the game with an emphasis on the lore, so I'd like to play with someone who can keep up in level but who also has the patience not to run up their levels if I'm on an off-day or something.
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    You want to do it on every difficulty?
    I don't know. I guess I'll see how I feel after I finish it through one time.
  • ScabdatesScabdates October 2008
    Hmmm, I may be interested in buying all 3 soon (not very expensive) so I'll get back to you about this.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob October 2008
    I still have my LOD cds and I might be interested in going through all the Acts and difficulties with you. I used to play very hardcore at that game. Hit me up on [email protected] if ever you really do it for LOD. I can also only play on evenings and I have tons of homework to do sometimes so I'll see how it goes.

I'd be a shape shifting Druid. You guys might as well post what you would want to be image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    I did this as soon as I heard about D3. I rolled an Ice Sorc for real and a whirlybarb with cheated out max stats etc for teh lulz.

/Maxing out Frenzy is not multiplayer friendly.
    At the moment, I am far more excited about playing through diablo 1 than I am diablo 2. I've maxed out every character class in d2, and I've only ever played through d1 to the end a single time (and it was over direct connect with a buddy of mine in high school; none of this battle.net crap).
    yeah. D1 just didn't hold my attention like it used to. Still a good game and all, I think I just abandoned it with the dawn of D2.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon October 2008
    Well fuck, I'm in with a Summon Necro for LoD. Hit me up on AIM at AlecAlastor if you ever want to play.
    I should have D1 around here somewhere. Lemme look. I'd be interested in doing that.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo October 2008
    I'm down to play, Court.
    Pheylan and I started playing diablo 1 last night. We're at level 13 now, so if you're interested in joining us in d1, get yourself a battle.net character and level them to about 13 asap. Since experience isn't shared in diablo 1, there's nothing we can do to help you level. At the moment, we're going to be entering the level 7 catacombs, so you'll need to be able to compete there.
    We'll be hitting level 5 Cats first, hopefully making to 7 again eventually.
    Well yeah. It's the "must be able to venture into level 7" that is important at the moment.
  • ErlingErling October 2008
    The problem that always stopped me from going back and playing D1 again is the fact there's no run feature. Man do they move slow. image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edit: On a more constructive note; has anyone seen the new Wizard trailer, at the end it shows some fast action gameplay if the whole game is anywhere near as fun as that looks it'll be a doozy!
    Well, the run is annoying at first, but the maps are so much smaller then D2 you don't notice after the first few minutes. I hit 31 today and Court isn't that much farther behind me. It's fun. Probably gonna move to D2 sometime in the near future I would guess.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2008
    I'll consider joining for D2. I never did play it.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf October 2008
    someone let me know when you guys play d2 i've been wanting to play that with a group for a while since d3's been announced... i think i still have diablo installed from.... forever and ever ago... (3 years?) so that should be good

leave me a message at

[email protected] (my msn)

or

[email protected] for email

i'm also a evenings/weekends guy, i'm currently working 8-4 for corrections canada and loving it

edit(for the third time):

Maybe a diablo forum is in order, but who's to say how much it will take off i guess
  • redboneredbone October 2008
    You bastards I making me wish I had my D1 disc from a bajillion years ago laying around here instead of somewhere back home (meaning not at college). And not being addicted to CS and WoW and having to do architecture...
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    I've never played any of the Diablos. Can someone enlighten me on what I'm missing?
    QUOTE (Tom @ Oct 23 2008, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've never played any of the Diablos. Can someone enlighten me on what I'm missing?

I can't speak for D1 much cause I didn't play it for long, but D2 is sweet.

It's like WoW, but you can beat the whole game in an day if you're hardcore. You can take on like 50+ mobs at once, and skills are much more straightforward. The gear system is pretty cool. You can have a weapon with nothing special (grey), a weapon with a damage modifier like 'Deadly' which increases damage by some percentage (blue) (or any other number of modifiers like poison damage, increased min and max damage, increased durability, freezing, etc). There are set pieces which are green and, like most set pieces in most games increase in awesomeness as you collect the set. But perhaps the coolest fucking thing in the game is Rune Words. Shit drops stones called runes, which you can drop in socketed equipment. They do simple stuff like increase magic item drop rates or more damage to undead blah blah. But there's a huge list of "rune words". If you put the right set of runes into an item in the right order, then you get a ridiculous killing machine. As in +350% damage, +2 to all skills, +10% chance to freeze on strike, +10% to health and mana... it's badass.

Also integral to the game is something called the Horadric Cube. You get it in Act II and it's a box with slots to drop items in. You use it to combine items together. For example, drop 3 Rubies in it and you get a better Ruby. Drop 3 of those in and you get an even better one. This is how you make the runes you need to make runewords, which is how you eventually rape face wherever you go. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    a combination of DotA and Might and Magic would you say?
    Have you ever played Titan Quest? Or maybe Dark Age of Camelot? Those are closer analogues. You're an isometric killing machine.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership