What do you like about Obama?
  • GovernorGovernor October 2008
    I do NOT want debate in this thread. I just want to gather information. After the information is gathered, you guys can start all the refuting threads you'd like. If you are not saying something you like about Obama, then you should NOT be replying to this. I am specifically interested in hearing about Obama but NOT about the democratic party. I'm NOT interested in a comparison of Obama and any of his opponents, either.

To all of you Obama supporters out there, specifically what about him personally or his policies do you like? This is your chance to legitimately (specifics, people!) stump for him.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    I think the past 8 years have shown, in conjunction with a number of external factors, that trickle down economics is a farce. Our country has done the best when corporate taxes were through the roof. Granted, at the time corporations were not free to leave the country as readily, but the simple principle is so proven it's hard to believe that supply side economics has ever been treated as a reasonable approach to an financial system. Supply side economics has led to the largest rich-poor divide in this nations history. The only other time it's been anywhere near this high (accounting for inflation at least) was in the late 1920's. Look what happened then, and look what's happening now. We need to fix this. Unfortunately, when we redistribute wealth UP nobody complains, but when we redistribute it DOWN it's suddenly communism. I think Obama's tax plan, specifically his approach to capital gains tax have the potential to advance us into the 21st century.

I think that Obama's Health care plan is not necessarily the ideal solution to the problem, but with 47 million people without healthcare, estimating that 8 million actually can't get it, I think it's absurd to call us a first world nation. We can (and should) do better. These people aren't deadbeats, they are just getting paid 500 times less than their superiors and not being given health benefits. Frankly that should be illegal.

I think that we can't continue to rattle our sabers at our enemies and expect positive results. For too long we've watched our clout in the world deteriorate as we increasingly find that the only means of negotiation we have at our disposal is military, and that influence shrinks with every dead soldier and every failed mission. Obama will bring a different tone to our global affairs than we've seen for the last 8 years.

It is very obvious that the man is driven and meticulously efficient. He knows his constitution. He knows how to get shit done (like beating the Clintons and soon to be the republican's best smearing). Sounds like a guy I want in the white house.

/oh and um... the future time-warp unicorns that poop space gold and fart rainbows will rock.
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    I like Obama for being pro-choice, within reason. Some aspects of pro-choice I don't agree with.

I like that Obama is a fresh face and makes for a good public figurehead.

I like Obama's stance on gun shows more.

I think I like Obama more on healthcare, but I want to see specifics.

Most of the other issues I don't really know enough about the issues, don't care, or I think both candidates are right or wrong together.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership