What do you like about McCain?
  • GovernorGovernor October 2008
    I do NOT want debate in this thread. I just want to gather information. After the information is gathered, you guys can start all the refuting threads you'd like. If you are not saying something you like about McCain, then you should NOT be replying to this. I am specifically interested in hearing about McCain but NOT about the republican party. I'm NOT interested in a comparison of McCain and any of his opponents, either.

To all of you McCain supporters out there, specifically what about him personally or his policies do you like? This is your chance to legitimately (specifics, people!) stump for him.
  • I like that he calls himself a Maverick, because it makes me think of Top Gun and usually leads me to rofflign, especially when Stephen Colbert uses the term when describing him.
  • NunesNunes October 2008
    I think he's a principled man.
    I think he's an inspiring character.

This WILL turn positive, trust me:
    I think his world view is skewed by an atypical life. He rode the coattails of his family to get into the military doing what he wanted to do. He came out of the military with a drastically different perspective than when he went in. He remarried an extravagantly wealthy woman of means and rode her money and connections into the political arena.

With all that said, I think that he wants to do right by America. He's a man who lives to serve. The above is there because it's hard to serve in a leadership capacity when you don't understand who you're leading.

He's just a very unfortunate political figure with great intentions and a belief in this country. Seeing him shoot down a woman who tried to whisper into a microphone that Obama is an Arab reminds me that this man's campaign is not a true reflection of who this man is.
  • PheylanPheylan October 2008
    I like the fact that he has military experience, and I like the pattern of republican military spending.

I like McCain's stance on gun control. This is honestly probably my number one issue for this election because I think it is one of the few issues that could see major change.

I like McCain's outlook on the 3 wars we are fighting.

I like McCain's stance on welfare from what I have seen, although I could do more research.

I agree more with McCain's immigration policy.

I agree with McCain on the death penalty.

I agree with most of McCain's smaller abortion issues, although I would say I'm pro-choice overall which he isn't.

Most of the other issues I don't really know enough about the issues, don't care, or I think both candidates are right or wrong together.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership