Fantasy Football '09
  • NunesNunes September 2009
    hm. Frankly, I was surprised it was still around. I'm extra surprised that it was taken down no more than an hour after I posted it... So if I want other people to be able to see this particular play... what does the NFL suggest I do?

/jerks.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2009
    Seriously. I wanted to own a copy of a particular (American) football game. I saw the Amazon commercials and thought I'd try it out. Terrible decision. It was a highlight reel. It wasn't much different than the highlight videos that the NFL throws on its website.

The really don't give you any option. I never understood why they don't want people recording games and sharing them. It increases the fan base. Besides, it isn't like they can market the game after it has been aired already.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Sep 22 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I never understood why they don't want people recording games and sharing them. It increases the fan base. Besides, it isn't like they can market the game after it has been aired already.

It's because you're not paying them. And it's retarded. Especially given that there's no vehicle through which to pay them for it anyway.

As though seeing film online detracts from the film when seen on PTI... But the NFL sells that footage to the major networks. And the major networks don't want you to have it because it's THEIRS. And the exclusive ownership of such footage translates to money on their books.

Just remember these people are the producers. The titans of industry. Without them we would be nothing. And they can never be replaced.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Sep 22 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I never understood why they don't want people recording games and sharing them. It increases the fan base. Besides, it isn't like they can market the game after it has been aired already.

It's because you're not paying them. And it's retarded. Especially given that there's no vehicle through which to pay them for it anyway.

As though seeing film online detracts from the film when seen on PTI... But the NFL sells that footage to the major networks. And the major networks don't want you to have it because it's THEIRS. And the exclusive ownership of such footage translates to money on their books.

Just remember these people are the producers. The titans of industry. Without them we would be nothing. And they can never be replaced.

/options:
    o Tivo the game. Technically against the rules I think. Posting the footage is CERTAINLY against the rules. Showing it in your home MIGHT be against the rules.

o Tivo a program that shows the footage. Allowed. Sharing is still prohibited. Even if you only share a portion of the footage.

o Buy a highlight real and hope the play is on there. Still not permitted to share.

o Go to the game and film it live. Prohibited. You paid for the ticket and the camera, and you still can't have that footage.

I love rules that treat corporate entities as super-people.
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2009
    sorry for taking a dump over everyone the first two weeks
  • xemplarxemplar September 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Sep 22 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    sorry for taking a dump over everyone the first two weeks

your time will come.
  • MagicMagic September 2009
    Put a fork in me, I'm done...

2 of my starting WRs (Antonio Bryant, Steve Breaston) decide to have knee problems, and my other starting WR (Santana Moss) has been shut down by opponent's D. Luckily I had Percy Harvin and picked up Mario Manningham before anyone else, but the damage may have already been done (with how tight the race is going to be, starting off 0-2 means I'm going to have some monster weeks ahead)...

Ugh.
  • KPKP October 2009
    I just got by last week to win. Because of stupid Chad Pennigton getting hurt I have awesome Kerry Colins now...yey..

Blacklight 4-0.....lame.
  • xemplarxemplar October 2009
    I'm 2-2!...:/
  • GovernorGovernor October 2009
    I'm doing this fantasy football thing wrong, I suppose. I'm averaging 110 points a game, yet I've only won once, and I see a large number of teams coming nowhere near that total.
  • KPKP October 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 6 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm doing this fantasy football thing wrong, I suppose. I'm averaging 110 points a game, yet I've only won once, and I see a large number of teams coming nowhere near that total.

Its all who you are playing.
  • BlackLightBlackLight October 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 6 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Gov, first off, you had Larry Fitzgerald on a bye last week and didn't switch him out with someone on your bench before Sunday, so you lost potential points there. Secondly, you played me last week, and I think we can all agree that I am a powerhouse in this league (imagine the New England Patriots circa '07). Keep up to date on your byes and injuries, and you'll be fine.
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 7 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well Gov, first off, you had Larry Fitzgerald on a bye last week and didn't switch him out with someone on your bench before Sunday, so you lost potential points there. Secondly, you played me last week, and I think we can all agree that I am a powerhouse in this league (imagine the New England Patriots circa '07). Keep up to date on your byes and injuries, and you'll be fine.

I am aware that I slipped up with my byes this past week, and I completely understand a loss because of it (I don't have Larry Fitzgerald though; I didn't sub out DeSean Jackson who was on his bye week). It was negligence on my part.

I think you missed the point of my frustrations though. I am scoring better than most people in the league consistently even including this past week where I fucked up my roster, yet I am ranked 11/14. As a point of comparison, I am averaging five more points each week than you are, yet I am 1-3 and you are 4-0. I'm sure you can imagine how that is slightly annoying.
  • coffeecoffee October 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 7 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    New England Patriots circa '07

So then your demise is iminent image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 7 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am aware that I slipped up with my byes this past week, and I completely understand a loss because of it (I don't have Larry Fitzgerald though; I didn't sub out DeSean Jackson who was on his bye week). It was negligence on my part.

I think you missed the point of my frustrations though. I am scoring better than most people in the league consistently even including this past week where I fucked up my roster, yet I am ranked 11/14. As a point of comparison, I am averaging five more points each week than you are, yet I am 1-3 and you are 4-0. I'm sure you can imagine how that is slightly annoying.

Well, the good news is, if you keep that up, the law of averages says you should start winning. This is a long-term season, you've obviously just been playing people who have had extraordinary days (see: Chris Johnson, frank gore, san francisco d, etc.). pretty sure you would have beaten me this week if you didn't have so many byes
  • MagicMagic October 2009
    Fuck -- way to remind him of his byes THIS week when he plays me. I was hoping he'd slip up again. Assholes.
    c'mon guys this lead is getting a little out of hand
    QUOTE (Magic @ Oct 8 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fuck -- way to remind him of his byes THIS week when he plays me. I was hoping he'd slip up again. Assholes.

Ha! Didn't matter at all. I can't do much when my best wide receiver and best running backs both score no points.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 12 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ha! Didn't matter at all. I can't do much when my best wide receiver and best running backs both score no points.

Yeah bad luck for you, my QB got me a total of -2 points and I still win? Thank you Viking Defense.
  • PheylanPheylan October 2009
    I don't know how Blacklight ends up with some bullshit like Roddy White scoring 38 points. WTF. Already a 15 point favorite and you pull that BS? My poor little team played their hearts out.

The irony, if Ricky Williams also scores 38 points, I win. I'm allowed to dream.
  • NunesNunes October 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Oct 12 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't know how Blacklight ends up with some bullshit like Roddy White scoring 38 points. WTF. Already a 15 point favorite and you pull that BS? My poor little team played their hearts out.

The irony, if Ricky Williams also scores 38 points, I win. I'm allowed to dream.

Sticky Ricky just had a pretty sick run. If he doesn't hurt himself he may very well score some points for you.
    I lost this week...onto other news....MOTHERFUCKING BRAD LIDGE IS BACK AND THE PHILLIES ARE GOING TO THE NLCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Oct 12 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sticky Ricky just had a pretty sick run. If he doesn't hurt himself he may very well score some points for you.

He's having a good night for him, but not 38 points great. What kind of crap is that. I'm bitter about this one.
    lol roddy's making up for the four weeks he took off.

god i'm running train all over this league
  • JAmmYJAmmY October 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 13 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lol roddy's making up for the four weeks he took off.

god i'm running train all over this league

It's because you rigged the draft and gave yourself the first pick, and me the fucking last pick.
    no rigging involved bite your tongue you ingrate
  • dandan October 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Oct 12 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I lost this week...onto other news....MOTHERFUCKING BRAD LIDGE IS BACK AND THE PHILLIES ARE GOING TO THE NLCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too soon, Sean. Don't get cocky. He looked pretty bad in those games, even though he gave up no runs.

-dan
    QUOTE (dan @ Oct 13 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Too soon, Sean. Don't get cocky. He looked pretty bad in those games, even though he gave up no runs.

-dan

well....you do have a point...
  • KPKP October 2009
    We gonna have a good game.
  • KPKP October 2009
    Are you fucking kidding me...Matt 4 tds? You have to get unlucky sometime man...
  • KPKP October 2009
    Ray Rice...fuck you.
    looks like you finally caught up to me kp image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • KPKP October 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 18 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    looks like you finally caught up to me kp image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Still got Roddy White to decide it...he did get 38 points last week, not to ginx myself.
    Tom Brady is my hero.
    Fucking Brady...not only ruins a solid showing this week (75 before Rivers plays tonight) but also snaps a 3 week win streak. These fluke showings by players on opposing teams are killing me.
    Tom Brady is never a fluke.
  • KPKP October 2009
    Moss who has had like 1 catch per game, had 3 touch downs yesterday.....
    Let it be known that it requires about 150 points/game to beat me any given week :0

props to kp you bastard
  • KPKP October 2009
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Oct 19 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Let it be known that it requires about 150 points/game to beat me any given week :0

props to kp you bastard

<3
    chugging along dutifully
    How the fuck does someone win with 59 total points.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Oct 26 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    How the fuck does someone win with 59 total points.

i am just that awesome.
  • KPKP October 2009
    I know court has stopped playing pretty much...but he still almost won with 3 players on bye...one being Miles Austin...lol
    I'm actually just seeing if I can remain in the top 5 for point totals while being dead last in wins.
  • KPKP October 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Oct 27 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm actually just seeing if I can remain in the top 5 for point totals while being dead last in wins.

You are doing a good job of it too.

Was a close game again this week, I thought I was out of it with fucking drew brees..

Hey...could I have Miles Austin?
  • BlackLightBlackLight November 2009
    ROLLING
  • MagicMagic November 2009
    I can't wait until you get the first seed in the playoffs and then lose the first week
  • BillBill November 2009
    Happened to me last year with a FAR better team than you have now. Could happen again.
  • xemplarxemplar November 2009
    I needed 52 points from Matt Ryan....I doubt I got near that....I didn't look.
  • KPKP November 2009
    Damn brett favre
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership