started playing
  • what server are you guys on, and are you horde or alliance? So far I've got a lvl 14 Blood Elf Paladin.
  • dandan February 2008
    DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP!

-dan

p.s. Friends don't let friends play World of Warcraft.
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Feb 17 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP!

-dan

p.s. Friends don't let friends play World of Warcraft.

hahaha i made jimmy play again image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • romerashromerash February 2008
    game isnt too bad when you only play 2 hours aweek image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />, yeah i play arenas on another person's account (or what was my account :/ )
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2008
    I play it but not religiously like I used to.
  • JonobonoJonobono February 2008
    It is kinda funny, but i slowly feel its grasp releasing me. The outside life is starting to appeal to me more.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 February 2008
    im already considering stopping bc it's taking over my life too fast, i only intended to play an hour or two here and there but it's already become more than that. i might just play the month out and stop.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) February 2008
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Feb 18 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It is kinda funny, but i slowly feel its grasp releasing me. The outside life is starting to appeal to me more.

notice how that goes hand in hand with the winter thaw?
  • carto0ncarto0n February 2008
    so this is where you've been hiding charles
  • JonobonoJonobono February 2008
    Winter Thaw? Some northerner you are. I don't put away the snow tires until mid-may.
  • ErlingErling February 2008
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, especially since it was coming from an upstate ny fellow.
  • NunesNunes May 2008
    sigh. Well I'm part of the cult now. Level 19 Dwarf Paladin and I started a Human Warrior last night that's gonna get talents as soon as I get home.
  • JonobonoJonobono May 2008
    Recently, i've made the biggest realization about this game. WOW stunts any mental growth you plan to make while you play the game. Take me for example. I've played for over a year now. I quit playing about 2 weeks ago. In these 2 weeks, i've made leaps and bounds at a more productive and worth while life. I said it best when i made the realization that the last 2 weeks have given me more progress, in real life, than the previous 2 months. As soon as i dropped the game, all the problems i should have been dealing with over those 2 months swarmed me and made me make some gigantic changes in life.

The only thing i can continue to say is wow HAS to be taken in moderation. It will negativly effect your life if you over play it.
  • FoowankoFoowanko May 2008
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ May 23 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The only thing i can continue to say is wow HAS to be taken in moderation. It will negativly effect your life if you over play it.

Same, I was playing like 8 hours a day at one point and then after I quit I (obviously) had tons more time to get work done and get my fucking parents to leave me alone.
  • ErlingErling May 2008
    God, imagine that. Playing video games too much is bad for your life.
  • FoowankoFoowanko May 2008
    QUOTE (Erling @ May 26 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People in Korea die from playing games. They sit at Internet Cafes all day and refuse to eat healthy/sleep/use facilities.

Losers
  • I would consider "death by 52 hours of Starcraft" pretty fulfilling.

^Loser.
  • dandan May 2008
    QUOTE (Erling @ May 26 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the biggest surprise I've ever seen on the Internet.

-dan

p.s. Erling, lets play dota.
  • ErlingErling May 2008
    I dunno if I remember how dude.
  • I've deleted any video game from my computer. It's summer so do sports !
  • romerashromerash May 2008
    or both if you know how to manage your time?
  • this theory you have for wow. is good for everything.

everything should be taken in moderation:

1. you play wow too much? everything else in your life is going to suffer
    2. you eat too much? you're going to get sick
    3. you have sex too much? well, i'll start calling you (laughs it off before sputtering out a name)
  • You can't really be hanging out "too much" with your friends or doing "too much" sports so these things don't need to be taken in consideration image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
  • QUOTE (BlueBoxBob @ May 31 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You can't really be hanging out "too much" with your friends or doing "too much" sports so these things don't need to be taken in consideration image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

sure they can. if you hang out with your friends too much, you're neglecting your family.

and if you exercise too much, you're going to strain/pull muscles. even working out, they suggest a rotation so you don't hurt yourself.
  • BlackLightBlackLight June 2008
    if you listen to chuck babble on about absolutely nothing and continually spout out random non sequiturs, you'll probably want to commit suicide
  • jimmah7jimmah7 June 2008
    agreed
  • QUOTE (Working Class Hero @ Feb 17 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    what server are you guys on, and are you horde or alliance? So far I've got a lvl 14 Blood Elf Paladin.

You probably should just quit. WoW sucks life out of you kind of like drinking the wrong grail from Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Jun 6 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You probably should just quit. WoW sucks life out of you kind of like drinking the wrong grail from Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade.

idk. I work an 8 hour job. And both Nicole and my buddy/coworker who I hang out with anyway are playing atm. So my day now consists of:
    7 am | Wake up and shower
    730 am | Drink 2 Cups of Coffee and check the auction house
    8 am | Go to work for 8 hours
    430 pm | Go home and call people
    5 - 11 pm | Play Wow... or magic... or watch TV... or listen to music... do laundry and shit.

I'll remove wow from the equation and change my day... um... not at all actually.
  • QUOTE (ANunes @ Jun 6 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    idk. I work an 8 hour job. And both Nicole and my buddy/coworker who I hang out with anyway are playing atm. So my day now consists of:
    5 - 11 pm | Play Wow... or magic... or watch TV... or listen to music... do laundry and shit.

I'll remove wow from the equation and change my day... um... not at all actually.

from what you posted, alls you do is work and play WoW or house chores (you can listen to music while doing anything, and I'm guessing magic is MtG, and I don't see you playing that everyday unless you have a group get together).

So I'm guess if you stopped playing WoW you would do a lot more with your life.
  • QUOTE (ANunes @ Jun 6 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

throw some golf in there after work :-P
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Jun 7 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    from what you posted, alls you do is work and play WoW or house chores (you can listen to music while doing anything, and I'm guessing magic is MtG, and I don't see you playing that everyday unless you have a group get together).

So I'm guess if you stopped playing WoW you would do a lot more with your life.

I certainly don't work out every day either image/sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />
    I usually have people in the room with me playing wow
    I do have a group of people who play.

What do YOU do with your time after work? If it isn't saving kittens and puppies from global warming and high gas prices then you can just:
    Shut yo mouth.
    <3 fark. They've always got my back.
  • Actually, I'm getting ready to compete in my first bodybuilding show, so I lift a lot of weights.

edit: oh, and having people over playing WoW makes the game better how? just curious?
  • It doesn't. It's simply another recreational activity. Just because someone plays WoW doesn't mean that it controls their life. I for one only play in the summer time. I have plenty of other things to focus on during the school year, and when I am home in the summer, I work, practice about two hours a day, and then spend my free time playing WoW, hanging out with my friends, or spending time with my family.

And, I hate to be the voice of reason here, I really do, but this thread wasn't started by WCH to hear people say "LULZ WOW IS FOR TEH TARDZ GET A LYFE!" He asked about PEOPLE THAT PLAY and their game play, what server they play on, etc. He didn't ask for you to blather on about a game you probably have never installed. How people chose to spend their time is not a choice that can be influenced by you.

As for your information, and in defense of Andrew, we play WoW maybe 2-3 hours a night, and Magic the Gathering almost every night, with usually about 3-4 people. You don't hang out with us, you're not our friend.

In short, go fuck yourself. If you really had some productive things to do, you wouldn't troll forums whining about WoW.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo June 2008
    =( I play hello kitty island adventure.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    zing.
  • i've grown tired of taking people down a peg. for funsies, i'll do it one more time. this bickering back and forth about people that like wow, and people that don't like wow makes me want to take my computer and hurl it out a window. therefore i'll never have to read through the anguish of such carefully put together horse-shit that you like to call your "opinion". furthermore, swaying people away from their ideas on these forums is about as likely as finding a cure for cancer here. and in closing, i award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    In light of Chuck's opinion on opinions I offer one final opinion: Chuck is totally ghey.
  • AlfyAlfy June 2008
    I like WoW.

I am not going to quit life because of it though.
  • azn+mikeazn mike June 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Jun 7 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Actually, I'm getting ready to compete in my first bodybuilding show, so I lift a lot of weights.

edit: oh, and having people over playing WoW makes the game better how? just curious?

Lifting lots of weights in general is awful to your health and gives you cancer. Proven fact.
  • TheDeamonTheDeamon June 2008
    QUOTE (Jong @ Jun 11 2008, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Lifting lots of weights in general is awful to your health and gives you cancer. Proven fact.

Don't lift lead weights?
  • QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Jun 8 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It doesn't. It's simply another recreational activity. Just because someone plays WoW doesn't mean that it controls their life. I for one only play in the summer time. I have plenty of other things to focus on during the school year, and when I am home in the summer, I work, practice about two hours a day, and then spend my free time playing WoW, hanging out with my friends, or spending time with my family.

And, I hate to be the voice of reason here, I really do, but this thread wasn't started by WCH to hear people say "LULZ WOW IS FOR TEH TARDZ GET A LYFE!" He asked about PEOPLE THAT PLAY and their game play, what server they play on, etc. He didn't ask for you to blather on about a game you probably have never installed. How people chose to spend their time is not a choice that can be influenced by you.

As for your information, and in defense of Andrew, we play WoW maybe 2-3 hours a night, and Magic the Gathering almost every night, with usually about 3-4 people. You don't hang out with us, you're not our friend.

In short, go fuck yourself. If you really had some productive things to do, you wouldn't troll forums whining about WoW.

First of all I was just trying to help him with his life, like I said b4 WoW sucks peoples life (no joke); that isn't whining at all, I don't hear any high pitch crying or anything like such in that matter. Second, When people play WoW together they don't talk about anything but what is going on with the game (knowing this because I have a bunch of friends who play WoW when they don't play a game at our Lans). So I wouldn't call that social at all. Third of all if alls you do is play WoW everyday I wouldn't want to be your friend because you wouldn't be very social and talk about real life matters that are more meaningful than getting that "purple". Lastly, why the such harsh language, I didn't say anything to offend you (untill now), so I think that is a little harsh.

But anyway let me modify your little quote, "Go fuck yourself. If you really had some productive things to do, you wouldn't troll forums whining [that all you do in life is play WoW]"
  • dandan June 2008
    Wow fuck this. I made a long post about how most of what Brandon said were generic blanket statements that do not apply to everyone that plays, and how he's biased against the game for some reason unknown to me. And then somehow, I lose it between the time where I hit "Add Reply" and the time where it shows up. So I'm just going to say this:

As a former WoWaholic, I still think the game is somewhat enjoyable. However, neglecting real life friends for in-game ones is foolish. Spending a lot of time in-game is also foolish. Avoid these, and you can enjoy the game with little trouble. Also, and this is probably the most important thing, avoid whatever server Chuck is on at all costs.

-dan

p.s. I hope I can actually post this message. I'll check it tomorrow and correct any grammatical errors I may have made.

edit: Found a few!
  • QUOTE (dan @ Jun 11 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow fuck this. I made a long post about how most of what Brandon said was generic blanket statements that do not apply to everyone that plays, and how he's biased against the game for some reason unknown to me. And then somehow, I lose it between the time where I hit "Add Reply" and the time where it shows up. So I'm just going to say this:

As a former WoWaholic, I still think the game is enjoyable. However, neglecting real life friends for in-game ones is foolish. Spending a lot of time in-game is also foolish. Avoid these, and you can enjoy the game with little trouble. Also, and this is probably the most important thing, avoid whatever server Chuck is on at all costs.

-dan

p.s. I hope I can actually post this message. I'll check it tomorrow and correct any grammatical errors I may have made.

I can answere the reason why I am so biased against the game. For all my friends that are wowaholics used to always do things in rl. Ever since they got addicted to the game (and I noticed the addiction happened when they get 1 level capped character) they never do anything but WoW, for what reasons? "It is cheaper to play WoW than to go out and do things in rl." which is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Tell you the truth the reason my friends are not as close as they used to be is all because of WoW. The game doesnt only ruin the person playing it ruins everone who is friends with the people, its like it mind controls people to only think about what is going on in the auction house or when the next raid is going to be. I had friends on one server, one guy was the top shaman on the server (he was alliance shaman right after BC came out), Another friend was the top alliance priest on the server, another was the top paladin for a short time. These guys weren't just into wow they were addicted. I mean if you ever heard of those drug commercials and how they screw the lives up of their friends, that is exactly how me and some of my other friends feel about the game. This game may seem fun, but alls it is, is a time consuming game, time to be away from the rest of the world. It is no better than a drug, it gets you hooked and addicted. Now I know you guys are going to say it doesnt happen to everyone, but I can't believe that seeing it happening to so many people, maybe different levels of it but it still will happen. Thats why I am "so biased" to the game.

Gladly I got a lot of my friends out of this major addiction, I think they are still addicted but not as much. But for personal reasons I hate this game, and thinks it ruins lives. I read so many stories where people quit their jobs because of the game and personally I had one friend who was kicked out of his house (for reasons in his household) came to live with me and I saw him work a low wadge job at night, play WoW through the morning, and sleep during the day. That is all he did. And thats not because he has an addictive personality, that is because he was influenced by a ridiculous game to be addicted. I just find that ridiculous.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    Tell you the truth the reason my friends are not as close as they used to be is all because they lack self control.

ftfy

/you can get addicted to lifting also. Better be careful you don't start ignoring your friends because of your clearly addictive behavior.

Sorry about your friends and all, I mean it. But it'd probably happen with something else if not WoW. I didn't play it until I got out of school because I knew it would probably keep me from going to class. But having a job now, I can't just sit at home and play instead of doing it.

This game may seem fun, but alls it is, is a time consuming game, time to be away from the rest of the world. It is no better than a drug, it gets you hooked and addicted. Now I know you guys are going to say it doesnt happen to everyone, but I can't believe that seeing it happening to so many people, maybe different levels of it but it still will happen. Thats why I am "so biased" to the game.

That's where you lost me. You're offering your opinion in a thread which is going to be full of people who disagree with you, you predict an argument we'll present you with, and then you say you'll ignore it.
  • QUOTE (ANunes @ Jun 12 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ftfy

/you can get addicted to lifting also. Better be careful you don't start ignoring your friends because of your clearly addictive behavior.

Sorry about your friends and all, I mean it. But it'd probably happen with something else if not WoW. I didn't play it until I got out of school because I knew it would probably keep me from going to class. But having a job now, I can't just sit at home and play instead of doing it.

That's where you lost me. You're offering your opinion in a thread which is going to be full of people who disagree with you, you predict an argument we'll present you with, and then you say you'll ignore it.

It is hard to lift more than 2 hours a day, while you can play WoW 24 hours in a day. And believe me I saw it done. The thing is that there are many simularities between drugs and WoW. There is a guy who lives in my Hall at school, he is the biggest pot head in the world. Everyday after classes he would get the same group of friends to go out and smoke pot. What did they do during that time? They would just goof around talking about things that really don't make sense at all and do not have anything to do with their lives. He got caught, and had his final warning (meaning if he was caught again he would have every charge possible on him). So he decided to quit, and when he quit he noticed he was doing nothing in his life. What I am trying to say is that you can be addicted even while working just like how he was addicted and still going to school. The thing is are you spending your life getting to know people going out and creating a new and better life for yourself , or are you mindlessly doing something just to take up your time. What I am saying is most people who play WoW, alls they talk about it WoW. Just like how most people who are pot heads always talk about pot. In both scenarios they are addicted.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    Just like how people who lift talk about lifting, and people who drink talk about drinking, people who work talk about working.

Please, tell me what you're doing to, "improve your life" apart from lifting heavy things.
    PS: Your horse, it is very high. Get the fuck off it.
  • QUOTE (ANunes @ Jun 12 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just like how people who lift talk about lifting, and people who drink talk about drinking, people who work talk about working.

Please, tell me what you're doing to, "improve your life" apart from lifting heavy things.
    PS: Your horse, it is very high. Get the fuck off it.

Again with lifting, I don't only talk about lifting. I talk about it mostly in the gym, and maybe quick blurbs about it when people are asking how I am doing, but I don't just talk about it for a discussion. I talk about what is going on in my or the person I am talking to's life. Again when you play WoW for long hours, you won't have anything to talk about but WoW and in your case work and home chores.

Again I don't know why you are getting so agry, but this is the truth. And, if you can't see it than you are blind.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    Again with WoW, I don't only talk about WoW. I talk about it mostly while I'm playing, and maybe quick blurbs about it when people I play with are asking how I am doing, but I don't just talk about it for a discussion. I talk about what is going on in my or the person I am talking to's life. Again when you engage in ANY activity for long hours, you won't have anything to talk about but that activity.

I also READ. A FUCK LOAD. I also talk about politics and current events, which are both hobbies of mine. I also talk about family and memories. I make it a point not to talk about work because it's boring to listen to. I also make it a point not to talk about chores because that's retarded.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. There is no such thing as truth, and even if there was it would take more than your or my 2 decades to discover.

I'll also have you know that whatever your pothead friends were talking about it's probably just as important as what's happening in your life.
    I keep bringing up your hobby in a derogatory way because you keep bringing up one of mine in the same damn way.
    But in your perverted worldview recreation has no place in any decent person's schedule.

I reiterate, get the hell off of your high horse. You're not the wise man on the mountain.
  • dandan June 2008
    This thread is brewing. I'm going to have to troll during work to keep up with you guys or something.

-dan
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo June 2008
    =| Now we know where the cool and logical genes went in the family.

<3 Jedd.
  • romerashromerash June 2008
    why don't we all give each other one big hug and get addicted to dota?

Btw competitive gaming does that, let it be WoW or cs.

Oh and i play WoW and I talk about dota more than WoW at work, scary eh?
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership