• NunesNunes June 2009
    QUOTE (CJ. @ Jun 25 2009, 05:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    is that actually true? their internet filtering is that primitive?

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. But reports indicate that their first level filter is location. So turning up false positives would help. It wouldn't surprise me either way though. But it isn't hard and it *might* help. But set up a proxy and you are actually helping. Monitor traffic if you want to help more and be on the ball when it gets blocked. If you can speak Farsi, there is a fairly tremendous need to translate a lot of the information coming out of the country.

Basically the best thing we can do for them is to keep information coming out of and going into Iran. And the worst thing we can do is to legitimize the accusations of the current regime by shoving our official support behind Mousavi. I know it sucks that we can't just nail the bad guys but foreign policy (when done right at least) isn't all heroics.

Edit: like this.
    Reacting to Obama's comment Tuesday that he is "appalled and outraged" by crackdowns in Iran, Ahmadinejad said, "Mr. Obama made a mistake to say those things ... our question is why he fell into this trap and said things that previously Bush used to say."
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...l-to-save-iran/

Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani seems to be working to get Ayatollah Ali Khamenei removed from power.

Some internet conjecture suggests this could be some kind of political play, but I'm personally not that fond of the Daily Beast, so take the news with a grain of salt, I guess.
  • NunesNunes July 2009
    And it's back to shit city.

The Iranian Government may be hanging arrested Mousavi supporters.

A little more "news."
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership