Hey Alfy
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    "A "kernel panic" may occur when the core (kernel) of an operating system receives an instruction in an unexpected format, or that it does not handle properly. A kernel panic may also occur when the operating system is not able to recover from a different type of issue. A kernel panic can be caused by damaged or incompatible software or, more rarely, damaged or incompatible hardware."

"The Blue Screen of Death occurs when the kernel or a driver running in kernel mode encounters an error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by an illegal operation being performed. The only safe action the operating system can take in this situation is to restart the computer. As a result, data may be lost, as users are not given an opportunity to save data that has not yet been saved to the hard drive."

Mac's euphemism for BSOD is really cute.

What I'd like to do is hear you tell me all about what makes Mac so much better than Windows.

Difficulty: you can't make up facts.
  • AlfyAlfy August 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Aug 18 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What I'd like to do is hear you tell me all about what makes Mac so much better than Windows.

Are you asking me my opinion? If so, then:

What makes Mac OS far superior to Windows in my opinion is simply the fact that the OS is designed only to work on a specific set of hardware, while Windows is designed to work on as much hardware as possible. That creates, out of the box, a more stable OS that is tailored to the hardware itself.

Also, as far as the initial code base is concerned, Apple chose to use Darwin as its code base. It is a Free BSD based kernel that also has a lot of the NeXTStep code tied into it.

On top of that, there is the whole Cocoa API that allows developers to create applications that meet Apple Interface Guidelines easily. It creates a look and feel that is the same across multiple apps, that users can expect to see. There are other frameworks, but most projects are using Cocoa exclusively. Also, the interface sits on a seperate thread within the OS so that, if you do have a app that is not responding, it most likely won't freeze your whole window system.

With the adoption of the x86 architecture (which was a great move for Apple, in my opinion), those that still want to run Windows, can.

There are more, when I get done at my appointment this evening.
  • GovernorGovernor August 2009
    For the record, what Alfy just said is the single greatest thing I hate about OS X and apple.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Aug 18 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    o the OS is designed only to work on a specific set of hardware, while Windows is designed to work on as much hardware as possible. That creates, out of the box, a more stable OS that is tailored to the hardware itself.
    If you believe that limiting hardware options is a *positive* attribute that's fine. Confusing... but fine.

o Also, as far as the initial code base is concerned, Apple chose to use Darwin as its code base. It is a Free BSD based kernel that also has a lot of the NeXTStep code tied into it.
    So you're saying that NeXTStep is better than NT... well let's move on to the next point then.

o On top of that, there is the whole Cocoa API that allows developers to create applications that meet Apple Interface Guidelines easily. It creates a look and feel that is the same across multiple apps, that users can expect to see. There are other frameworks, but most projects are using Cocoa exclusively. Also, the interface sits on a seperate thread within the OS so that, if you do have a app that is not responding, it most likely won't freeze your whole window system.
    This is, in fact, exactly what .NET was designed to accomplish when it was tacked onto the NT kernel.

o With the adoption of the x86 architecture (which was a great move for Apple, in my opinion), those that still want to run Windows, can.
    On a more expensive machine that is harder to repair than any non apple product on the market.

There are more, when I get done at my appointment this evening.

There better be, because only one of those points even described a fundamental difference in the operating systems... and that difference is:
    Windows lets you use more hardware.

image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
  • AlfyAlfy August 2009
    .Net compiles down to the a CLR, that anyone can then see your code. There are ways around this, but for the most part, it is inefficient. Most all of the Mac OS apps compile down to binaries, and is a lot more efficient and secure.

.Net is a good idea, but a poor implementation.

On top of that, .Net has nothing to do with the interface. I can tell that you must be a non technical user.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Aug 19 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    .Net compiles down to the a CLR, that anyone can then see your code. There are ways around this, but for the most part, it is inefficient. Most all of the Mac OS apps compile down to binaries, and is a lot more efficient and secure.

.Net is a good idea, but a poor implementation.

On top of that, .Net has nothing to do with the interface. I can tell that you must be a non technical user.

Why? You're just making bare assertions dude.

There's nothing inherently bad about compiling to a CLR, and there's nothing inherently bad about having visible code.

Unless you are legitimately trying to make the argument that Mac's are safer and more secure. In which case I'm just going to laugh at you uncontrollably for a couple days.

Oh and from the wiki about .NET:
    "The framework's Base Class Library provides a large range of features including user interface, data and data access, database connectivity, cryptography, web application development, numeric algorithms, and network communications. The class library is used by programmers, who combine it with their own code to produce applications."

Don't be dumb.
  • AlfyAlfy August 2009
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/en...efinements.html

That is the new features for Snow Leopard. This is not to mention the current feature set. Look through it, and if you have any questions, please let me know. The price: $29 for single user, $49 for family pack (optional, because they don't treat you like a criminal).

On an aside, how many versions of Windows have there been at launch? There is just one for Snow Leopard. No need for an upgrade matrix.

PS: http://www.apple.com/macosx/security/
    And yes, Mac OS IS more secure than Windows out of the box, and even with all the other Windows security installed.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Aug 25 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/en...efinements.html

That is the new features for Snow Leopard. This is not to mention the current feature set. Look through it, and if you have any questions, please let me know. The price: $29 for single user, $49 for family pack (optional, because they don't treat you like a criminal).

On an aside, how many versions of Windows have there been at launch? There is just one for Snow Leopard. No need for an upgrade matrix.

PS: http://www.apple.com/macosx/security/
    And yes, Mac OS IS more secure than Windows out of the box, and even with all the other Windows security installed.

Features I have questions about:
    "Sortable search results." - Why hasn't this been in place for years? If it has, like it has in Windows search results, then it's not a new feature.

"Restore deleted items to original folders." - See question 1

"AirPort menu signal strength." - See question 1

"Gamma 2.2." - LOL

iChat is uninteresting to me
    Safari Blows
    Quicktime Blows
    A lot of this stuff has third party analogs on Windows. Mac has better multi-tasking... unless you have a few years experience with Windows, then you'd lose a step for a while as you learn all the fancy multi-tasking tricks Mac's let you do. For a slightly faster computing experience that's not worth it to me.

I'm not sure what the point of saying Windows treats its customers like criminals was. Mac overcharges for hardware, Windows overcharges for software. This is the way of the world.

I will surely believe the Apple write up on Mac security. Right after I finish looking at the results of Pwn2Own.
    That was 09
    Here's 08
    Aaaaand 07.

It's security through obscurity. They fudge their vulnerability numbers. And they have no qualms lying to consumers. Sure... you're safer on your Mac. Until somebody wants to bother with you.
  • ScabdatesScabdates August 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Aug 26 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Features I have questions about:
    "Sortable search results." - Why hasn't this been in place for years? If it has, like it has in Windows search results, then it's not a new feature.

"Restore deleted items to original folders." - See question 1

"AirPort menu signal strength." - See question 1

"Gamma 2.2." - LOL

iChat is uninteresting to me
    Safari Blows
    Quicktime Blows
    A lot of this stuff has third party analogs on Windows. Mac has better multi-tasking... unless you have a few years experience with Windows, then you'd lose a step for a while as you learn all the fancy multi-tasking tricks Mac's let you do. For a slightly faster computing experience that's not worth it to me.

I'm not sure what the point of saying Windows treats its customers like criminals was. Mac overcharges for hardware, Windows overcharges for software. This is the way of the world.

I will surely believe the Apple write up on Mac security. Right after I finish looking at the results of Pwn2Own.
    That was 09
    Here's 08
    Aaaaand 07.

It's security through obscurity. They fudge their vulnerability numbers. And they have no qualms lying to consumers. Sure... you're safer on your Mac. Until somebody wants to bother with you.

The first half of this post is full of semi-legitimate gripes.

The second half shows a distinct opposition to logical thought processes.

I expect better from you.

protip: regardless of your opinion on it, security through obscurity still makes osx a more safe alternative to windows, and things will stay this way for a long time

ALSO, Safari can't really be considered an example of poor OS security since it's not a fucking OS. Until IE6 stops having such a large marketshare, you can shut the fuck up about any web related vulnerabilities in OSX.

this all from a die hard windows user

fiftieth edit: god you really should feel like a moron, please go drown yourself

MOREOVER, the argument that apple overcharges for hardware is pretty much invalid at this point, because it's in the same range as most OEMs now

TL;DR andrew stop being disingenuous to try and get your retarded ass points, that nobody cares about, across.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Aug 26 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    protip: regardless of your opinion on it, security through obscurity still makes osx a more safe alternative to windows, and things will stay this way for a long time
    You can make this argument. This isn't the argument being presented by Apple. Or most Apple users. Including Alfy.

ALSO, Safari can't really be considered an example of poor OS security since it's not a fucking OS. Until IE6 stops having such a large marketshare, you can shut the fuck up about any web related vulnerabilities in OSX.
    Right after OSX users and Mac Ads shut the fuck up about any web related vulnerabilities in Windows.

this all from a die hard windows user
    Good to know...

fiftieth edit: god you really should feel like a moron, please go drown yourself
    Probably.

MOREOVER, the argument that apple overcharges for hardware is pretty much invalid at this point, because it's in the same range as most OEMs now
    please elaborate on what you mean here.

TL;DR andrew stop being disingenuous to try and get your retarded ass points, that nobody cares about, across.
    Clearly...

God you really should feel like a moron. Please go drown yourself...
  • AlfyAlfy August 2009
    The exploits that were found were patched soon after each exploit was found. Microsoft has a habit of not doing anything about the security exploits that abound within IE and Windows itself.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Aug 26 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The exploits that were found were patched soon after each exploit was found. Microsoft has a habit of not doing anything about the security exploits that abound within IE and Windows itself.

Bare Assertion. Citation needed.

MS has pretty good habits as far as plugging holes is concerned. And I'd challenge you to defend your claim that Apple does it better. The best I can do is the Pwn2Own security problems being fixed about a month after they were uncovered. Not bad I guess.
  • AlfyAlfy August 2009
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Aug 26 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Windows 2000. I remember you calling shenanigans on a problem with an older version of OS X. Let's try to be consistent shall we?

The other old one is pretty benign. And it has a mitigation.

Two of the five are third party software.

I'll grant the excel exploit. But you have to actively open the malicious file. I KNOW I've heard that when this is the case on a Mac, then it isn't a vulnerability, it's a stupid user.

So basically, they've addressed the one you think is awesome in later versions of Windows. Two of them aren't MS, and are probably still present on Mac's if you have that software, and the remaining 2 are unaddressed. 2.

Now if you look further down that same page, for addressed problems, Mac and Windows are comparable. Fancy that.
    *Average Time to Address:
    Mac: 112 Days
    Windows: 91 Days

In fact. Windows is better, if you look at problems actually addressed. And all Apple needs to do to fudge the top part of that site is not acknowledge that there's anything wrong.

* feel free to check my math. I easily could've made a mistake.
    "You can make this argument. This isn't the argument being presented by Apple. Or most Apple users. Including Alfy."

Thanks for not saying anything about the point I made. Your point was that Apple isn't as secure as windows. My point was that, via the security through obscurity that you claim they have, they're more secure than windows. It doesn't matter who is making the argument, or why they are making it. It's still right.

Right after OSX users and Mac Ads shut the fuck up about any web related vulnerabilities in Windows.

The difference is, IE is built into everything that is windows. Even if you remove IE completely, it removes certain things inside of windows for that very reason. Safari is not built into OSX in the same way. Your argument is invalid because of this.

please elaborate on what you mean here.

Apple doesn't overcharge on hardware any more than pre-built Windows PC vendors do, nowadays. A lot of their comparable machines are cheaper than dell's, even.

Clearly...

Clearly, or else people wouldn't be using OSX, and at an increasing rate...

Considering your reply didn't actually say anything, I'll maintain my stance on you shutting the fuck up.
  • mungomungo August 2009
    Wow. Some people really get fired up over operating systems? Really? I can understand religion and politics....but operating systems?!? Everyone needs to calm down and realize that no one is attacking anything remotely close to what can be considered a fundamental stance of yours. And on the off chance that they are, please go outside more.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Aug 26 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "You can make this argument. This isn't the argument being presented by Apple. Or most Apple users. Including Alfy."
    Thanks for not saying anything about the point I made. Your point was that Apple isn't as secure as windows. My point was that, via the security through obscurity that you claim they have, they're more secure than windows. It doesn't matter who is making the argument, or why they are making it. It's still right.
    I never claimed Apple was less secure than Windows. Which was all the response your strawman required. But since you demand satisfaction, yes. You are correct. You are safer using a Mac. This should not, however, be confused with Macs being more secure than Windows. Which is one of the major selling points peddled by Apple.

The difference is, IE is built into everything that is windows. Even if you remove IE completely, it removes certain things inside of windows for that very reason. Safari is not built into OSX in the same way. Your argument is invalid because of this.
    Ok. So we should examine each IE vulnerability and determine if it's a web-only vulnerability, or whether it's tied directly to explorer. This is not what is being done.

please elaborate on what you mean here.Apple doesn't overcharge on hardware any more than pre-built Windows PC vendors do, nowadays. A lot of their comparable machines are cheaper than dell's, even.
    Show me one. High end, low end, I don't care. I have never seen this claim being made, and having looked recently, I believe it to be false.

Clearly...
    Clearly, or else people wouldn't be using OSX, and at an increasing rate...
    My point being that people do, in fact, seem to care about the argument. Otherwise there would be no argument. This has nothing to do with market shares. But if you want to go down that road we can.

Considering your reply didn't actually say anything, I'll maintain my stance on you shutting the fuck up.

Expect me to not give a shit about answering inquiries that are predicated on straw men.

QUOTE (mungo @ Aug 26 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow. Some people really get fired up over operating systems? Really? I can understand religion and politics....but operating systems?!? Everyone needs to calm down and realize that no one is attacking anything remotely close to what can be considered a fundamental stance of yours. And on the off chance that they are, please go outside more.

You will *not* ruin my fun.

Bad mungo.
    I never claimed Apple was less secure than Windows.

It's security through obscurity. They fudge their vulnerability numbers. And they have no qualms lying to consumers. Sure... you're safer on your Mac. Until somebody wants to bother with you. Sounds like "Mac's are really less secure." to me.

Which was all the response your strawman required. But since you demand satisfaction, yes. You are correct. You are safer using a Mac. This should not, however, be confused with Macs being more secure than Windows. Which is one of the major selling points peddled by Apple.

"Macs" are not an operating system. Therefore, comparing them to Windows doesn't really make any sense. (Since Mac's are a personal computer brand, and they can run both OSX and Windows.) Secure: Free from attack or danger. Security through obscurity, by definition, makes OSX more secure than windows. Nevermind anything else.

Ok. So we should examine each IE vulnerability and determine if it's a web-only vulnerability, or whether it's tied directly to explorer. This is not what is being done.

Since IE is tied into it, by definition, any bug in IE would be a bug in anything that uses IE in Windows. Perhaps you should re-read what I said.

Show me one. High end, low end, I don't care. I have never seen this claim being made, and having looked recently, I believe it to be false.

Just made a personalized Studio XPS with similar hardware to the iMac and it was within 100 to 200$ of the same price. All things considered, that's not really overcharging. Especially since I didn't include a comparable Monitor with the XPS personalization (which would've likely made it equally priced, or even more perhaps.)

Specifically, the XPS was 999+ without a comparable monitor purchase (there were a few other unimportant things I left out that would increase the price even more). The iMac is 1199.

My point being that people do, in fact, seem to care about the argument. Otherwise there would be no argument. This has nothing to do with market shares. But if you want to go down that road we can.

Mac's marketshare is increasing. Windows' is far greater, but Mac's is increasing. Considering the virtual monopoly Windows has had on all computers for the past 20 years, I think Macintosh computers are doing pretty well at this point.
  • mungomungo August 2009
    fapow! I knew Richie was overreacting due to some personal issues against Microsoft.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...sh-version.html

Game over. I win.
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Aug 26 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I never claimed Apple was less secure than Windows.

It's security through obscurity. They fudge their vulnerability numbers. And they have no qualms lying to consumers. Sure... you're safer on your Mac. Until somebody wants to bother with you. Sounds like "Mac's are really less secure." to me.

I wouldn't interpret that as saying that macs are less secure...

Which was all the response your strawman required. But since you demand satisfaction, yes. You are correct. You are safer using a Mac. This should not, however, be confused with Macs being more secure than Windows. Which is one of the major selling points peddled by Apple.

"Macs" are not an operating system. Therefore, comparing them to Windows doesn't really make any sense. (Since Mac's are a personal computer brand, and they can run both OSX and Windows.) Secure: Free from attack or danger. Security through obscurity, by definition, makes OSX more secure than windows. Nevermind anything else.

Since all mac hardware is required to be running a mac operating system and no non-mac hardware is allowed to use the operating system, it is fair to compare "macs" to "windows." Doing so, to anyone not trying to pick apart the semantics of the sentence, is the equivalent of discussing the merits of each operating system. Sure, you can install Windows on mac hardware so long as OS X is also installed, but you don't buy a mac computer unless you intend to use mac os x. It just doesn't happen on anything close to a significant scale.

So long as apple is willing to publicly associate "PC" with windows operating systems, it seems fair for andrew to associate "mac" with macintosh operating systems.

Since IE is tied into it, by definition, any bug in IE would be a bug in anything that uses IE in Windows. Perhaps you should re-read what I said.

That's... not true.

Mac's marketshare is increasing. Windows' is far greater, but Mac's is increasing. Considering the virtual monopoly Windows has had on all computers for the past 20 years, I think Macintosh computers are doing pretty well at this point.

But their doing better isn't necessarily a testament to their product's quality in relation to windows, so it is a bit silly to even bring that up in a comparative discussion like this.

Edit:
    Security through obscurity is no security at all. As someone who deals with web application security every single day, I cannot possibly stress that enough. The very idea that you are safer through obscurity is an affront to security practices in general and is probably the biggest attributing factor to the insecurities that permeate the web today. Especially since the web is becoming more and more intertwined with operating systems and the software that runs on them, it is down right dangerous to press the very incorrect point that you are safer due to obscurity.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Aug 26 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Security through obscurity is no security at all. As someone who deals with web application security every single day, I cannot possibly stress that enough. The very idea that you are safer through obscurity is an affront to security practices in general and is probably the biggest attributing factor to the insecurities that permeate the web today. Especially since the web is becoming more and more intertwined with operating systems and the software that runs on them, it is down right dangerous to press the very incorrect point that you are safer due to obscurity.

I'd posit that you are "safer" than you are on Windows. Right now. But the entire purpose of making the argument that OS X is more secure is to gain more market share, which would make it less secure than it is. It's a pretty ineffective argument. But I do want to concede something, and that will be that RIGHT NOW owning a computer with OS X installed leaves you less susceptible to attack. Not less vulnerable, but less susceptible.
    But that's the fundamental problem with obscurity as a form of security. "Right now" is completely arbitrary. It could be that in two days, there will be a massive assault on OS X, and since a huge number of people don't use any sort of firewall or virus scan on OS X, the community will be largely helpless. Obscurity is not and never will be a realistic means of security. It is a means to create false impressions, and false impressions are incredibly dangerous.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Aug 26 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    But that's the fundamental problem with obscurity as a form of security. "Right now" is completely arbitrary. It could be that in two days, there will be a massive assault on OS X, and since a huge number of people don't use any sort of firewall or virus scan on OS X, the community will be largely helpless. Obscurity is not and never will be a realistic means of security. It is a means to create false impressions, and false impressions are incredibly dangerous.

I'm agreeing with you, just being a pedantic twat. Just keeping par for the thread.

I'd actually take it a step farther and say that Apple's aggressive ad campaign has done more to hurt computing in general than it ever had the chance of doing to help itself.

There are security measures taken in Apple products. I don't even find them inadequate! I just find it annoying when people can't say that without saying: "unlike M$ WinSUCK!" Particularly when said people haven't been closer to a Windows machine than a Mac article about how much they suck.
    Well, you can imagine the same frustration is shared across the aisle when some of the far larger majority talk shit on MAC products without actually working on a MAC themselves. It definitely works both ways, and I find it equally frustrating.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that apple's advertisements have had a net negative effect on computing because I truly think apple has helped the visual spectrum of computing in ways that no other company has managed to do. They have also shown more than any other operating system that software can be designed and developed to play nice with other software, and it can be done in a beautiful and cost-efficient way. Plus, their support of things like webkit have helped push web technology (especially in terms of speed) forward. And finally, their revamping of their OS to run from a linux kernel was absolutely groundbreaking, and I think the benefits of this step have only begun to be realized by the community as a whole. Now, that's not to say that Microsoft hasn't had similar groundbreaking contributions to computing (3.1 and XP to name a few), but it is definitely nice to have another company contributing to the technological improvements.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (Governor @ Aug 26 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, you can imagine the same frustration is shared across the aisle when some of the far larger majority talk shit on MAC products without actually working on a MAC themselves. It definitely works both ways, and I find it equally frustrating.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that apple's advertisements have had a net negative effect on computing because I truly think apple has helped the visual spectrum of computing in ways that no other company has managed to do. They have also shown more than any other operating system that software can be designed and developed to play nice with other software, and it can be done in a beautiful and cost-efficient way. Plus, their support of things like webkit have helped push web technology (especially in terms of speed) forward. And finally, their revamping of their OS to run from a linux kernel was absolutely groundbreaking, and I think the benefits of this step have only begun to be realized by the community as a whole. Now, that's not to say that Microsoft hasn't had similar groundbreaking contributions to computing (3.1 and XP to name a few), but it is definitely nice to have another company contributing to the technological improvements.

I can agree with this post.

I will say though, that although Windows advocates may be vocal, Windows itself didn't run a 4 year long ad campaign full of misinformation about Apple Computers. I'm pretty sure the "I'm A Mac" commercials would be considered Slander if the target weren't so big and powerful.

I refer you to the "Legal Copy" ad.
    Please note: trying to remove registry items on your own is not recommended. It is often difficult to determine which items correspond to which applications, and by attempting to remove items yourself, you might accidentally remove a valid registry item, causing software crashes and errors. If a system registry becomes corrupt because you made a mistake when cleaning out the registry, follow these steps: back up data, back up registry, purchase, download, and install Registry Repair program, quit all programs, scan registry, determine safe registry items to repair/delete/remove, then select ok and repeat if necessary. Also, easy to use PCs can experience difficulty if malware, viruses, or spyware infect your PC’s system. There are 1.5 million signature-based malware detections with 20,000 new ones discovered everyday (based on 2008 reporting). Although some viruses are unavoidable, there are some preventative measures that you can take. When you first get your PC, configure your security settings (including things like Internet firewall, automatic updating, anti-virus, anti-spyware and other malware protection, other Internet security settings, and user account control). Eventually you may have to download and install security patches for your operating system and then as security updates become available download and install again. If your PC does get infected with malware talk to your IT professional first about the risks and benefits of treating the problem on your own. Do not try to remove a virus unless your IT professional has taught you and you understand everything. Ask them if you have any questions. Please see accompanying important information about virus protection on your hardware and software manufacturer’s website. Anyone can sit down and edit photos on their PC as long as their computer is running properly. Please note that proper maintenance, specifically disk defragmentation can take anywhere from minutes to hours to run depending on the size of your hard drive and how fragmented it is. Therefore, editing photos might be postponed if you chose to run maintenance on your computer prior to this act. Please note: your camera driver must be installed on your PC in order to review and edit your photos. Your camera will not work with your PC if the software/drivers are not downloaded first. Editing photos on a PC may be difficult for children under a certain age, or for people who are unfamiliar with how a PC works and how to download camera software and drivers. Also, no PC connected to the Internet is one hundred percent immune to viruses, spyware, adware, and other forms of malware. Once a year, PC users should back up a year’s worth of photos and files to a CD or DVD. Power PC users should start fresh and back up all their files and applications on an external hard drive, then use your original system installer disks to erase, rebuild, and reinstall your operating system from scratch. Therefore, if your PC is not one hundred percent trouble free at least you won’t lose all of your files. PC does not claim ownership of problems that occur from materials or software that you downloaded off the Internet. If your warranty has expired, and your PC is not one hundred percent trouble free, you are not eligible for a refund or replacement under the terms of the warranty. In addition, we cannot help you with software or hardware obtained without a warranty, such as software provided “as is “ or for free. Again, if problems continue, please contact your IT professional.

Expect this to get picked apart as if it were the official stance of Apple. It's only fair.
  • dandan August 2009
    Please note: trying to remove registry items on your own is not recommended. It is often difficult to determine which items correspond to which applications, and by attempting to remove items yourself, you might accidentally remove a valid registry item, causing software crashes and errors.

lol Xemplar lol.

-dan
  • xemplarxemplar August 2009
    QUOTE (dan @ Aug 26 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lol Xemplar lol.

-dan

go break another bone.
  • NunesNunes August 2009
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Aug 27 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    go break another bone.

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership