making this post for jaysin(weed)
  • carto0ncarto0n September 2009
    Jason called me today to explain a problem he is having with his pc. His monitor is not working with his pc. He said when he turns on his pc the monitor goes into on mode for a second and then goes right back into standby mode. He has tried different monitors along with different vga cables and connectors. He has tried different video cards as well and nothing seems to fix the problem. Any advice any of you have to offer so that I can relay it to him would be much appreciated I'm sure. Thanks!
  • fratersangfratersang September 2009
    does he know if the computer is posting? or just turns on..and black screen with no beep.
    he said it was running fine a few days ago, then it just started doing this.
  • AlfyAlfy September 2009
    Is there a lot of dust in it? May be something is shutting down from thermal protection kicking in.
    i had told him to open it up and clean it up...take a good look at the mobo to see if anything got disconnected or loose. after he tried all the basic checks i was pretty much clueless and figured i would seek out the advice of some more knowledgeable than myself.
  • NunesNunes September 2009
    wait... so he's tried the monitor with a different computer, same problem. AND he's tried a different monitor on the same computer, and had the same problem?

That seems ... unlikely... to me.
  • mungomungo September 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Sep 25 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    wait... so he's tried the monitor with a different computer, same problem. AND he's tried a different monitor on the same computer, and had the same problem?

That seems ... unlikely... to me.

I'm not sure how you deduced this =/

My interpretation is that he's tried different monitors and different cables only with his PC, and neither worked.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2009
    I couldn't really tell from your post...does the monitor work on other computers? And other monitors don't work on that computer?

QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 25 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm not sure how you deduced this =/

My interpretation is that he's tried different monitors and different cables only with his PC, and neither worked.

deduced is the wrong word. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I inferred it from this:
    He has tried different monitors along with different vga cables and connectors. He has tried different video cards as well and nothing seems to fix the problem.

I suppose he could've just swapped video cards, rather than computers. In which case, this screams MoBo to me.
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Sep 25 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    deduced is the wrong word. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I inferred it from this:

I suppose he could've just swapped video cards, rather than computers. In which case, this screams MoBo to me.

he has tried multiple monitors on the same computer. in that same computer he has also tried different video cards. the monitors that he has used are in working condition, and one of the video cards in brand new. seems like it has to be a mobo issue to me as well.
    For Andrew:

Get a Mac.
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Sep 25 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For Andrew:

Get a Mac.

For Alfy:

Right after you eat a Dick.

/helpful to Jason, this discussion is.
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Sep 25 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For Alfy:

Right after you eat a Dick.

/helpful to Jason, this discussion is.

As long as it is Jason's.
  • fratersangfratersang September 2009
    still waiting to hear if the computer posted.. (beeped)
    im still waiting to hear back from him....tried getting in contact with him a few times now, no luck.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo October 2009
    Didn't post. I bought a new motherboard and other business to get it back up, just finished installing all the drivers and windows again. Hi gais!
  • JonobonoJonobono October 2009
    In other news, Weed and Cartoon talk regularly? Do you share recipes and stuff of the gay nature?
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo October 2009
    c1.

My computer is better than yours which thus makes my penis bigger by default.
  • carto0ncarto0n October 2009
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Oct 3 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In other news, Weed and Cartoon talk regularly? Do you share recipes and stuff of the gay nature?

Jason is my west coast connect....you know cali has all that good government weed. image/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership