Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • fratersangfratersang November 2009
    http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/videos/id/1

Anyone interested? Looks pretty sweet. Release date march 2 2010
  • PheylanPheylan November 2009
    Maybe. Without looking at it yet, the first Bad Company multiplayer was pretty bad. The single player was funnish I guess.

Edit: After watching the video, it does look pretty sweet. The defining point for me really will be if the multiplayer game is like BF2, with capturable points or like the first Bad Company where you just run around getting gold. It may still be worth trying since this one is on the PC. I'll look into it.
  • fratersangfratersang November 2009
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Nov 19 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Maybe. Without looking at it yet, the first Bad Company multiplayer was pretty bad. The single player was funnish I guess.

Edit: After watching the video, it does look pretty sweet. The defining point for me really will be if the multiplayer game is like BF2, with capturable points or like the first Bad Company where you just run around getting gold. It may still be worth trying since this one is on the PC. I'll look into it.

it wont have "flags" persay but it does have strategic points, defending and attacking with the option to blow up a building around a point, blow the point up with planted charges, or defensively defuse the charges.
  • ScabdatesScabdates November 2009
    if it comes out for xbox ill grab it
  • GachiGachi December 2009
    Yes, it certainly does look good but the time that it comes out, I'll be almost ready to head to Afghanistan... Maybe I'll play when I return home.
  • fratersangfratersang January 2010
    Beta comes out tomorrow if you have pre-ordered the limited edition version, lemme know if anyone has it. Thones and I will be out there as soon as we can get it downloaded.

*rez*
  • fratersangfratersang January 2010
    status update: the beta started off kinda shakey, lots of server lag and inability to connect, but it seems to be smoothing out.

Currently open is one map and one mode, but its pretty fun, I've already ranked up once and only played maybe 8 games so far.
  • neocronneocron February 2010
    Playing it on the PC Brandon? Dedicated servers or P2P? I might investigate.
  • fratersangfratersang February 2010
    QUOTE (neocron @ Feb 4 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Playing it on the PC Brandon? Dedicated servers or P2P? I might investigate.

Yep, on PC.

Dedicated servers by various hosting companies.
    The beta ends here in the states on Feb 25th, then comes out with a full release in very early march.

Currently only myself, Jammy, and Thones are playing the beta, but others have expressed interest in getting it, if not now, then at least when it comes out.
  • PheylanPheylan February 2010
    I can't get it now, but maybe in a couple of weeks when it is released. Just don't have time right now. March I'll be in Texas and it will be a different story.
    I'd assume they will wipe our stats when the game comes out anyways, so you might as well.

However, If you buy it now, you can get the limited edition for the same price as the regular one, and you will get the extra unlocks.
    Can you buy the limited edition as a preorder in a store? Or online?

The issue I would have is I move March 5th. It's released March 2. I'd be a little worried about not getting a copy in the store I preordered at, or honestly, just forgetting about it. I'll think about it though. Any idea when the preorder is ending?
    Not sure when it ends, but you can pre-order through their website: http://badcompany2.ea.com/reserve-limited-edition and have it delivered to you instead of just a pickup.

it can be done through steam as well, meaning a digital copy you wouldnt even have to worry about picking up.
  • mfarrmfarr February 2010
    Buying it through steam is probably the easiest way, and is very easy to access the beta.

Just bought it the other day and it is a blast. Haven't had a problem trying to find a server with low ping and connecting is quick and easy.

Just curious what setup people are running and the visual settings they have the game set at. I'm running a 8800gt and quad core and it seems I cant go above medium settings at 1600 something resolution without my fps dropping to below 20 constantly. Seems a bit low of settings to me.

My ingame is 'mfarr', what's everyone elses?
    fratersang, as always is my ingame name, thones is my friend jon, and cbeviltwin is jeremy's

We have been tagging with FD

Running amd phenom II quad core with an ATI HD 4850 running at 1280 x 1024

Most of mine, as well as Thones settings ended up being at medium by default, and I ended up moving all to medium to help alleviate some of the early lag issues. What are you checking fps with, Fraps?
    Yea I'm using fraps to monitor my fps. The only reason why I would think we need to bring our settings down to medium is because of the massive amounts of explosions and flying particles. However I feel like that would take the biggest hit on the CPU and not GPU, and our quad cores should be able to handle that.

One other note, could having only 2gb of ram cause some issues in performance?
    Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: Core 2 DUO @ 2 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
    Video Memory: 256 MB (NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT/ATI X1900)
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX: 9.0c
    Keyboard and Mouse
    DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: Any Quadcore Processor
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
    Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX: 10
    Keyboard and Mouse
    DVD Rom Drive

Even the recommended only says 2...but maybe you have a lot of things running?
    Nah I usually don't have much else open, maybe one window of firefox but thats it. Maybe my 8800gt is finally starting to show signs of aging. This is the first game I have really had to dial settings down a bit.

Do you really think they will reset our stats upon release?
    Jammy and I have been debating that...judging by the cutoff points created by ridiculously high score requirements...instead of just an actual cap, I'd say they will just adjust those points on opening of the game and let people continue with their stats....heres hoping anyways.

Also,
    Meaton and Budlight have it, so add "meaton" and "hoseking" to your friends list.
  • JAmmYJAmmY February 2010

I stuck the Apache with the tracer dart just like in the video! Shortly after it was shot down with a rocket giving me points for the assist.

We need to think of things we need to accomplish in the game, and see who can accomplish it first. Since I beat Frat to this, he owes me $10.

Also if you don't have this game yet, fucking get it you hacks.
  • MeatonMeaton February 2010
    Jammy Jammy When will you learn.. you owe me the 10.00 come on now.. give it here

LOL
    Eh, I've been playing a little bit of BF2 when I get the chance. I know if I get a new game I'll just be playing it instead of studying. So now that everyone has been playing the beta are your opinions pretty positive? Is the helicopter flight similar to how it was in BF2? Or is it dumbed down a lot like it was in the first Bad Company?

I saw some gossip on BF3 being released later this year.

I made it to Brigadier General in BF2. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
    Heli reminds me of bf2

I love the game personally, lots stuff to keep you coming back.

Frat is a better squad member than me apparently, but I just rock his socks.
    I tried finding the beta in stores last night, but no luck. Seems to no longer be on shelves. Oh well. Guess I'll be getting it around the 2nd.

In other news, I leveled up to two star general on BF2.

beta ended today anyways.

So whats the word i am looking for with regards to your bf2 stats......

How shall i say......OBSOLETE?!
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 25 2010, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I tried finding the beta in stores last night, but no luck. Seems to no longer be on shelves. Oh well. Guess I'll be getting it around the 2nd.

In other news, I leveled up to two star general on BF2.

Congratulations! I hear they are handing out that rank to anyone now-a-day since BF2 is obsolete.
    Fixed.

QUOTE (fratersang @ Feb 25 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So whats the word i am looking for with regards to your Bad Company 2 stats......

How shall i say......OBSOLETE?!

ooo Looks like we both start at 0 come day 1. I think we both know who's going to win that. Don't delude yourself.
    Got my early access AKS-74U code via email today.

3 more days!!!
  • mfarrmfarr March 2010
    One More day.

Too bad there is no preload on steam and it's not being unlocked until 6pm eastern tomorrow. This is my first major gripe with ordering a product on steam. I have a feeling EA is to blame as well.
  • fratersangfratersang March 2010
    I'll be excited if my discs come by the time i get home from work, and then i can just install from there.
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2010
    QUOTE (mfarr @ Mar 1 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    One More day.

Too bad there is no preload on steam and it's not being unlocked until 6pm eastern tomorrow. This is my first major gripe with ordering a product on steam. I have a feeling EA is to blame as well.

Looks like it should be available at Noon central time on Steam.
    Newsworthy: we have server now thanks to Thones, the IP will be: 68.232.182.189:19567

I'm not sure how fully configured it is yet, but I will have a look into it on my lunch break from work.
  • AlfyAlfy March 2010
    Someday I will get this game.
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2010
    This game is spectacular. I might add more later when I'm done playing in 5 days.
  • mfarrmfarr March 2010
    Indeed the game is fantastic. Been playing a lot today and ranked up to 7. Every map I have played so far I have enjoyed and haven't come across any that I dislike (unlike MW2 where every map I played I hated). Been playing mostly conquest which feels very similar to Bf2. Everything seems well balanced and haven't found any bugs yet.

The server browser could be a little better, and would be nice to not take a couple minutes to refresh. My only other possible problem with the game is that sometimes it seems it takes way too many bullets to kill someone. Can't say anything about the single player, as I haven't tried it.

In the end, I would highly recommend the game to anyone that enjoyed Bf2. I can't stop wanting to play and rank up.
  • PheylanPheylan March 2010
    I am enjoying the game...more then CoD. However, compared to BF2 I definitely don't like it as a sequel (Which it isn't technically(BF3, Winter 2010)) and I think the games are two completely different packages and types of game play. This seems much more like a direct competitor to COD, where as BF2 was its own entirely different game.

So far my biggest complaint seems to be that I constantly run out of ammo in my main gun. Just not enough bullets. I have the extra ammo ability, but I'd rather use some other perk.

That being said, I'll enjoy the multiplayer for another day or two, but I leave for Texas Friday and probably won't have internet set up on my desktop for a few days after that, so it'll be single player time.
  • NunesNunes March 2010
    BFBC2 will have dedicated servers which is nice.
    You will have to "rent them" which is ... not.

BFBC2 will probably have mod tools which is nice.
    DICE will not be supplying them as they have in the past, but have hinted that they'd be willing to think about what they call a "tremendous cost of money" if there is "enough feedback and there are enough people who ask and are willing to pay".

• intensiveintensive March 2010
    Long time no see everyone. Hope you're all doing well. Just talked to Frat on facebook...

I bought the shit for the XBOX god damnit. Never thought about FD playing it. I'll pick it up for the PC here soonish and jump in with you guys. So far on the 360 it's a pretty good game (I bought for 360 bc my RL friends all play it there.). But I'm guessing it'll be a better game, as usual, on the PC.
  • I think I'm the only sucka who got it on the PS3!

xD

If I had a better comp I'd have picked it up but alas, stuck to new console releases now a days.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo March 2010
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Mar 7 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think I'm the only sucka who got it on the PS3!

xD

If I had a better comp I'd have picked it up but alas, stuck to new console releases now a days.

I miss you Tommy image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • ErlingErling March 2010
    Hey t0mmy! Do you play MAG? I was playing maybe a couple weeks ago and killed/was killed by a "FunkyPastaT0mmy" a bunch of times.

I play under Zestfule.
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2010

-Knifed Frat at the end of the round.

-22k highest round score.

-Warrant Officer. Going to be gone for spring break (maybe) so catch up Frat.
  • PheylanPheylan March 2010
    Just moved in to my apartment in Texas today. Hoping to start playing again after a week long hiatus. I have some catching up to do.
    I purchased it for the PC. Will be around on the server now. What are you guys using to communicate?
    we use vent, hit me up for the info.

List of ppl playing so far, feel free to add them to your list (also everyone please re-add your people, ea fucked up and many of us lost our in game friends list)

Fratersang
    CBEvilTwin
    Thones
    Schwinger
    GodofDaTwinkies
    ChineseDude
    Mfarr
    Hoseking
    meaton

Look up "Forbidden Donut" on the server list to find our server.
    I'm playing as "ntensive". Clan tag is donut, but don't think that matters.
    use FD as clantag if you would!
    Word, get on and play. Facebook me the vent info? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • mfarrmfarr March 2010
    Downloaded vent, so I should be jumping on there from now on when I play.

Man the requirements to rank up start to skyrocket later on. Right now I'm 24 and it is 65,000 until 25. Just for comparison, it was something like 35,000 from 23 to 24.
  • GovernorGovernor March 2010
    I might attempt to play this. We'll see how that goes...
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership