How are you girls doing in the snow?
  • BudweiserBudweiser February 2010
    Everything okay? The news makes it sound worse than Katrina? image/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
  • ErlingErling February 2010
    haha, I saw it on the news last night randomly. Was laughing pretty good because they started talking about 2 feet of snow blahblah and me and my friend were starting to piss and moan. Then they pause and say that it sucks for the mid-atlantic area but we'll have a nice weekend up here in NE.
  • dandan February 2010
    I've got about 10" or so outside. It's still snowing, so I'm not sure how much I'll end up with. I went grocery shopping Thursday night, there was almost a riot, fighting over a loaf of bread. People get so panicked about these things.

-dan
  • KPKP February 2010
    QUOTE (dan @ Feb 6 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've got about 10" or so outside. It's still snowing, so I'm not sure how much I'll end up with. I went grocery shopping Thursday night, there was almost a riot, fighting over a loaf of bread. People get so panicked about these things.

-dan

Like the snow is never going to melt!

I am in Philly and I have like 2 feet outside my house right now.
  • PheylanPheylan February 2010
    I think it's about 65 degrees outside today. Leaving the porch door open to let in a little breeze.

I guess I'm coping.
  • MagicMagic February 2010
    It's a gorgeous day in MN today -- 25 degrees and sunny. Like Phey, I have my patio door open to let in some of the fresh air.
  • GovernorGovernor February 2010
    I can not adequately describe how much I hate cold weather and snow. If I believed in hell, outside right now would surely be it.
  • BlackLightBlackLight February 2010
    yeah the snow in los angeles is crazy right now
  • waterxm04waterxm04 February 2010
    I've never seen so many people fall trying to leave the bars across from my apt in my entire life, It was unexplainably halarious. around 20inches+, and we're scheduled for another ft ish tue/wed AM
  • NunesNunes February 2010
    Delaware has apparently decided to divert all snow removal money towards hookers and blow, or something... because there is a 2 - 3 inch sheet of ice on every road in the state that isn't 95, 41, 141 or 48.

They "plowed" I guess, cause there are mounds of snow on the side of the road, but I'm not convinced they installed the plow facing the right way. It looks like they dragged the back side of that shit over the snow, packing it down.

Made it to work this morning, though...
  • PhilPhil February 2010
    The budgets (state and local) were exhausted by the previous 18" and 8' snowfalls. They have sort-of plowed some of the roads while others are entirely left alone. With another foot of snow coming Tuesday afternoon I plan to stock up on food today, and continue to lay low. My parents got the worse end of it, losing power on Fri evening and not getting it back til midnight Sunday night, about 52 hours sans electricity.

Individuals are fine, but there just isnt any more money to remove snow.

Oh, and my car is buried under a 6 ft drift/plow pile. I will park somewhere else next time.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf February 2010
    Makes me feel better about my "lows in the twenties highs in the forties". Of course the failing heating system is not a bonus. Got a call in to the repair guy.
  • mfarrmfarr February 2010
    God damn more snow coming for my birthday tomorrow. Good thing I'll be in no condition to drive anyways image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • redboneredbone February 2010
    GOD DAMN SNOW W:ETLKJSDF:lkjasd;flkjasd.fasdf......

Oh wait thats right, I live in FL, i couldn't see snow outside if i tried. This means that even if I had someone with bucket full of snow sitting on the roof and they dumped it off, by the time it got to the point I could see it, it would just be rain. Even if I was sitting in a field, and the person standing right next to me had a bucket full of snow and tried to dump it on me, it would be like more like taking a shower than anything else I can think of at the moment.

What I really mean to say is, enjoy the temperature you have now while it lasts. Because with global warming coming our way, pretty soon the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are going to cause the polar ice caps to melt, and then the oceans are going to rise, all hell is going to break lose in terms of natural disasters, and as a result war and disease, and then somehow its going to cause an ice-age, and then its going to be like that, except colder, and all year round.
    QUOTE (redbone @ Feb 8 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    GOD DAMN SNOW W:ETLKJSDF:lkjasd;flkjasd.fasdf......

Oh wait thats right, I live in FL, i couldn't see snow outside if i tried. This means that even if I had someone with bucket full of snow sitting on the roof and they dumped it off, by the time it got to the point I could see it, it would just be rain. Even if I was sitting in a field, and the person standing right next to me had a bucket full of snow and tried to dump it on me, it would be like more like taking a shower than anything else I can think of at the moment.

What I really mean to say is, enjoy the temperature you have now while it lasts. Because with global warming coming our way, pretty soon the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are going to cause the polar ice caps to melt, and then the oceans are going to rise, all hell is going to break lose in terms of natural disasters, and as a result war and disease, and then somehow its going to cause an ice-age, and then its going to be like that, except colder, and all year round.

First of all. Fuck snow. And fuck the cold.

Second of all, there's a reason Fark has a Florida tag... just sayin.

Third of all:

Some places get warmer making other places cooler.
    We'll have more on this story and more at 11. Hope to see you there.

/dun duhn duh dun duh daaaaaaaaahhhhh.
    //duh duhhhhhhh.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton February 2010
    I'm loving it. I'm read for the second wave. BRING IT ON!
    Ooooohhhhh, Calling for a possible one to two inches of snow here on Friday. That is equivalent to seven and a half feet up north. World is going to end. No bread or milk will be left in the stores. The high for Friday will be 37 degrees, the snow will take forever to melt. Roads will be impassable for HOURS! ZOMG! It may even be Saturday before all the snow melts. Whatever shall we do? Wherever shall we go? Panic Panic Panic Fret Fret.

Just a taste of how people around here react to the mere possibility of snow. Seriously they are going to freak. I have seen the schools closed because of the possibility of one-half inch of snow. No joke. They announced the schools would be closed the day prior to the possible half-inch. Schools were closed, and sure enough it did not snow. Basically I had a day out of school because of the fear mongers.

Admittedly you would not want to be on the roads around here if there is ice on them. Not many people can drive in those conditions here. Complete and total lack of experience.

It would make a nice youtube video though. I could title it "Rednecks on Ice" or the "Redneck Follies".
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2010
    It's snowing here!
    Just a little...>.>
  • PhilPhil February 2010
    Snowed another 16" since midnight.

We're totally fucked. Thank goodness for the internet.
  • KPKP February 2010
    I went snowboarding today for a few hours. I've never boarded while in a blizzard, it was awesome. Trying to get back into the city when 476, 76, 295, and 95 were closed...not so awesome.

Next time please snow when I have the day after off.
  • dandan February 2010
    Yeah, they closed 81, 83, 581, 441, and pretty much every other road in Harrisburg today. I'm so glad my car's under a foot of snow, otherwise I'd be pissed that I can't drive anywhere.

-dan
  • coffeecoffee February 2010
    snow is bullshit. i'm about to declare a jihad on nature
    Fucking plows... one would think that they'd run them at least once down all the roads AFTER the snow was done, but noooooo. 1/2" of snow all over the roads.

Ignant fuckwads, the lot of them.
    Well, it's snowing in Alabama. Nothing seems to be sticking to the roads though. Trees, grass, vehicles yes. Does not look like it will be lasting more than a few more hours though. Nothing major. I was going to be upset because I loaned my sister my 4 wheel drive truck and I wanted to play in the snow in it. Not enough to worry about unfortunately. There is always the lil' tractor.
    Yesterday a John Deer with a front-loader was moving snow down my road, because the plows had nowhere left to push snow.
    12 p.m. Saturday. All the snow has gone. Might find a tiny bit in the shade somewhere though. It was horrible. I had to go to the bank yesterday and the roads were wet. The horror.
  • GachiGachi February 2010
    Weather in Hawaii is quite nice, however I'm heading to 29 Palms, CA this evening for 30-45 days of training and in the desert, it gets cold at night. Sure, there may not be snow, but I'll manage just fine. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • PheylanPheylan February 2010
    Someone hit the crushed ice button on my freezer. It startled me. I feel all of yalls pain. Gotta keep those drinks warm in this heat.
  • dandan February 2010
    Rob and Matt, kindly go fuck yourselves. Thanks.

-dan

p.s. I heard we're getting more snow Monday/Tuesday. Fuck winter.
    Yeah. Like 4-6 inches. Please. That's nothing.
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2010
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Feb 13 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

qft
    brutal 80 degrees today
  • KPKP February 2010
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Feb 13 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    qft

That's nothing when there is no snow on the ground.

That is something when the streets in Philly are still not clear, and a total mess.
  • xemplarxemplar February 2010
    QUOTE (KarmaPolice @ Feb 14 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That's nothing when there is no snow on the ground.

That is something when the streets in Philly are still not clear, and a total mess.

I thought you were now living in some Eastern European country?...what did I miss?...
  • coffeecoffee February 2010
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Feb 13 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the interest of being immature, how many inches do you prefer? I think 4-6 inches is perfectly reasonable
    personally 7-8 inches is where i draw the line
  • ErlingErling February 2010
    I find the pain of the mid-Atlantic quite humorous.
  • azn+mikeazn mike February 2010
    Horray snow for here!
  • JAmmYJAmmY February 2010
    QUOTE (Jong @ Feb 16 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Horray snow for here!

Snow kicks ass.
  • BrianBrian February 2010
    Wow you people are pussies.
    Cram it up your cram-hole, LeFleur.
  • KPKP February 2010
    Yey...MORE SNOW!
  • BrianBrian February 2010
    I am currently here on contract.

It gets rather cold. The roads get bad. The city often goes into lock-down and people are helicoptered to work.

Rumor is my next site will be worse.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership