Bachmann
  • NunesNunes March 2010
    Sweet baby jesus.

I could be mistaken, but this is a real live human being that has been elected to major political office.

clip
    ----------------------------
    "We aren't gonna play their game, we're not gonna pay their taxes. They want us to pay for this? Because we don't have to. We don't have to. We don't have to follow a bill that isn't law. That's not the American way, and that's not what we're going to do."

Bachmann continued. "Because it's one-party rule now in Washington, D.C. Their Chicago tactics, their Chicago friends, twisting Democrats' arms, threatening their own team members with ethics charges and a submission. This handful of people thinks they can enforce their will on 300 million Americans? They're not gonna do that. This is dictatorial, what they are doing. We are not compelled to follow a non-law just because Obama and Pelosi tells us we have to.

"If they pass the bill legitimately, then yes, we have to follow the law -- until we repeal it. But if they pass it illegitimately, then the bill is illegitimate, and we don't have to lay down for this. It's not difficult to figure out. So if for some reason they're able to get their votes this week and pass this 2,700-page Senate bill -- if they get it, trillions of dollars is what it's gonna cost, when we didn't vote on it, we need to tell them a message: That if they get away with this, they will be able to get away with anything -- with anything. And you can't say you voted on a bill when you didn't, because it's fraud. But we are not helpless here. We are not helpless, there are things that we can do."
    -------------------------------
    clip

That is 15 lbs of crazy in a 3 lb sack.
    /covered in sequins.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton March 2010
    I'm a bit confused on what all went down. Did the House make any changes to the Senate bill? If so, why didn't it go back to the Senate? Why did Pelosi have a giant gavel?
  • NunesNunes March 2010
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Mar 22 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm a bit confused on what all went down. Did the House make any changes to the Senate bill? If so, why didn't it go back to the Senate? Why did Pelosi have a giant gavel?

A lot went down. Very little of it mattered.

Both sides engaged in political theater for about 4 hours. There was much gnashing of teeth.

Then the bill passed 219-212 with zero republican votes.

You can expect to hear that Republicans couldn't vote for it in good conscience. That they opposed it for ideological and defensible reasons that are inconsistent with decisions they made for the last decade or so. That is wasn't bipartisan. You'll hear about backdoor meetings and closed door deals. They will use scary words like Abortion. Slaughter Rule. And Nuclear Option.

Then in about 6 months you'll start hearing about the polls. Rasmussen mostly. These polls will show that fewer people strongly approve of Obama and Congress than when this bill was passed. This will be the first stages of Election 2012.

Are *you* ready?

/I'm looking for a concise timeline, atm. I'll get back to you if I dig one up.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership