Hank Johnson
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA...feature=related

I do so hope that it is the onset of Alzheimer's. If not.... hooooo boy.
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Apr 9 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA...feature=related

I do so hope that it is the onset of Alzheimer's. If not.... hooooo boy.

At the time, I thought he was just doing about the worst job at employing rhetorical hyperbole. But the more I listen to it, the dumber the whole thing ends up sounding...

I absolutely love the general's (?) response though.

"we don't anticipate that happening." Is awesome.
  • PheylanPheylan April 2010
    The Admiral's response and handling of it is classic. Just another day in the life of dealing with Congress I guess. I get a kick out of the staff sitting behind the Admiral and watching them fidget, like you can tell they are trying not to laugh.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf April 2010
    Yes I must agree. The Admiral did an incredible job of keeping a straight face. I was waiting for ol' Hank to ask how many American ships have been lost due to a navigation error resulting in "sailing off the edge of the world.".

Of course if they did sail over the edge they would get to see the Great A'Tuin. That would be a bit of consolation.
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Apr 9 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes I must agree. The Admiral did an incredible job of keeping a straight face. I was waiting for ol' Hank to ask how many American ships have been lost due to a navigation error resulting in "sailing off the edge of the world.".

Of course if they did sail over the edge they would get to see the Great A'Tuin. That would be a bit of consolation.

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership