New steam GUI and updates
  • LethaLLethaL April 2010
    What do you think of the new GUI of steam and all the updates

in my opinion i think they made a pretty good job, the steam community options in game seems to take less resources so they are less heavy, the way your game list is displayed gives it a good look and all the info you need. Now you can start the game you want just by right clicking the steam tray icon and choose the game you want, the new layout looks good too, there is more new stuff and/or updates but you can discover them by yourself
  • woerwoer April 2010
    I do not plan to ever restart my comp or steam so that I never see it because I hate change.

Wait, you can launch from the tray? Shit, I may have to try it.

First reaction: Great, they didn't save my skin choice.

I like how it shows a lot of different info on the 'front page'.

Cs is my first choice from right-clicking on the icon, so that's cool.

Not having the install size of games is kinda lame, kinda very lame. None of the three views of games gives the install size.

view->small mode is pretty awesome, although now that I can just rightclicklaunch, it's not useful.

i am not sure but i think you can see it when downloading stuff, the bar is located at the bottum center of the steam window between add friends and view profile, but yeah not knowing the install size of a game is a pain in hte ass but if you want to know it you can just click on the game and then install, it will tell you and if you want you just cancel after

but the way it shows what you download is pretty good though

• woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Apr 26 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i am not sure but i think you can see it when downloading stuff, the bar is located at the bottum center of the steam window between add friends and view profile, but yeah not knowing the install size of a game is a pain in hte ass but if you want to know it you can just click on the game and then install, it will tell you and if you want you just cancel after

but the way it shows what you download is pretty good though

[img]http://images3.photomania.com/230245/1/rad609AB.jpg[/mg]

Sweet, thanks.

I agree the overlay thing in game does seem a lot better/faster/lighter. In the old one, It would lag loading my profile while I'd be trying to type in a new url. The new one seems super fast in comparison, with no lag. It's nice the default home page is google now, also.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    update: steam with no game running takes up 100+mb of ram, while it was like 10-20mb before
    QUOTE (z @ Apr 28 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    update: steam with no game running takes up 100+mb of ram, while it was like 10-20mb before

it always varies, the day i updated it it was around 80mb-90mb then the day after around 20mb and now its 80mb so i don'T know its never stable
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership