New boomstick
  • PheylanPheylan May 2010
    My new Remington 700P LTR in .308. Just finished putting it all together today. Still has a couple things left to do to it including a new triggerguard/magwell, bolt knob, and muzzle brake, but those will come when I have a chance to have them installed.

So far has on a Harris BRM-S bipod, Badger Ordinance rings and rail, and a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x variable scope. Taking it to the range tomorrow to break in the barrel and start to get it sited in.

• ErlingErling May 2010
    purdy, not a huge gun fanatic so what's it shoot?

edit: went back and actually read your post
  • BillBill May 2010
    How much?
    For everything in the picture but the ammo? About $2500. Scope was the biggest purchase at about $1100. I've gotten the bolt knob but it hasn't been installed yet because I need a gunsmith machinist to install it.
  • woerwoer May 2010
    wow very sweet
  • BillBill May 2010
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ May 11 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For everything in the picture but the ammo? About $2500. Scope was the biggest purchase at about $1100. I've gotten the bolt knob but it hasn't been installed yet because I need a gunsmith machinist to install it.

I could think of way worse ways to spend that money. Enjoy.
  • more impressive is the box of gin in the corner
  • LethaLLethaL May 2010
    nice it kinda looks like the scout in cs
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf May 2010
    Very Very nice. Enjoy. (drool drool slobber drool)

We expect a full report on accuracy and general impressions of the gun.
    Ok, so first initial impressions are I really like this system. Shoots great. Shoots hard. My shoulder is going to feel it tomorrow. Big jump from the 5.56 I'm used to.

Put 32 rounds through it today breaking in the barrel a little bit, getting to know it and doing some rough adjustments for getting it sited in. Range here in town only goes to 50 yards, but for my purposes today it was great. Hoping to get to a 300 yard range in the next week or two to try some more interesting shoots. Would have shot more but ran out of time. Here is the last four shots I took after making incremental adjustments with the first 28. I was going for consistent groups, aiming for center every shot and adjusting the scope for accuracy. Started out about 5 inches left and 3 inches up, narrowed it down to this. So far me likey. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership