Man Spends Six Months Plotting Murder Of Counter-Strike Rival
  • LethaLLethaL June 2010
    I logged on steam today and my main gain is counter-strike the updated news about the game was this one

A Counter-Strike player in France has spent six months plotting a revenge attack against a man who beat him in an in-game knife fight. His eventual revenge was not in-game.

20 year-old Julien Barreaux, from Cambrai, had his Counter-Strike character "knifed" in a game late last year against another man, known only as "Mikhael". Enraged at this blight against his talents, Barreaux spent six months tracking him down in the real world.

When he eventually found the victim, Barreaux knocked on the guy's front door, then "plunged a kitchen knife into his chest" when Mikhael opened it to greet him. He missed his heart by an inch.

A local police officer told the courts "Barreaux was arrested within the hour and told us he had wanted to see his rival wiped out for killing off his character."

The judge, who locked him up for two years on a charge of causing grievous bodily harm, says of Barreaux, "You are a menace to society. I am frankly terrified of the disproportionate reaction you could have if someone looked at you the wrong way in the street."

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/5550609/man-spends-six-m...er+strike-rival
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf June 2010
    Missed the kill. I suppose he could blame the six month lag spike.
  • dandan June 2010
    That's impressive. I always threaten to punch people that annoy me in the face. This guy is my hero.

-dan
  • jkarate212jkarate212 June 2010
    Only 2 years for attempted murder?
  • PheylanPheylan June 2010
    QUOTE (Zer0^ @ Jun 9 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Only 2 years for attempted murder?

No harm done. The other guy just respawned.
  • dandan June 2010
    ITT, we learn that Rob and Sean are going to hell.

-dan

p.s. I guess I'm joining you guys, because I laughed pretty hard at your terrible jokes.
  • redboneredbone June 2010
    >.<
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo June 2010
    image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Me and my knife have created a lot of enemies on CS. uh-ohs.
  • dandan June 2010
    I'll protect you, Jason. <3

-dan
  • BillBill June 2010
    QUOTE (dan @ Jun 10 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'll protect you, Jason. <3

-dan

It's a trap.
  • fratersangfratersang June 2010
    This probably wont help violent games bad rap for creating violent people or anything.... image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership