LG's new phone Viewty
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    http://viewty.lgmobile.com

it's a sick fucking phone, only in fucking Europe.

Neo send me one of these please I'll love you forever image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • neocronneocron November 2007
    Haha yeah its nice, I would take it over the Iphone.

I'm currently rocking the new 8gb Nokia N95. Sorry Iphone but your 2G network and 2mp camera that I had 2 years ago just isn't enough for me.

http://www.nseries.com/index.html?l=campai...roducts,n95_8gb
    I love how Europe is getting all this cool shit and we are just stuck with the obsolete crap. Once this hits the stores neo, can you figure out if it takes Sim cards or if it's easy to hack into. because if that's the case I might get one ordered from Europe to here and then hack it to make it useable through verizon plan or something if that's even remotely possible.
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    if its made from LG, chances are its possible to make it work for verizon.
  • fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    Most cellphone companies generally make their first release of a phone a GSM model, CDMA models generally come months after, and in moss cases only after popular demand for that phone, as they have to rebuild it from the base up.
    That being said, I've only worked for 3 American Cellphone companies, and Verizon isn't one of them, so I don't know if they're CDMA or GSM.
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    QUOTE (fr4gged @ Nov 13 2007, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Most cellphone companies generally make their first release of a phone a GSM model, CDMA models generally come months after, and in moss cases only after popular demand for that phone, as they have to rebuild it from the base up.
    That being said, I've only worked for 3 American Cellphone companies, and Verizon isn't one of them, so I don't know if they're CDMA or GSM.

i could look it up...but im too lazy. i am almost positive its CDMA though
    Now what are the differences between the two?
  • fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    GSM uses the SIM card techology to store subscriber information, therefore it is possible to unlock the phone to use a SIM card from another provider.

CDMA(Code division multiple access) however, is made so that all the information is stored in the phone itself, instead of a SIM card, there is a circuit built into the phone. These phones are much more difficult to unlock, and in some cases impossible.

90% of cellphone manufacturers always release a GSM model of a phone first, and generally if a CDMA version is what the manufacturer releases, then there isn't going to be a GSM model.

so hope that the ViewTY is GSM, but it probably is
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2007
    if I were to get this phone would i be able to get it to work with Verizon
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) December 2007
    QUOTE (neocron @ Nov 12 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm currently rocking the new 8gb Nokia N95. Sorry Iphone but your 2G network and 2mp camera that I had 2 years ago just isn't enough for me.

tom has that phone [ebola]

it's awesome
  • cutchinscutchins December 2007
    QUOTE (neocron @ Nov 12 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$779!!!!!!!!???????????

what the fuck? are you a fucking crack dealer or something?

that phone is sick though but jesus christ.
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2007
    So it seems like this phone isn't compatible with Verizon...
    I might get it and switch my provider with AT&T
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership