Russian Phonetics
  • AnotherevilAnotherevil November 2007
    So I need to say stuff in Russian and its hard coz I don't know how to pronounce Russian from English text.

So if anyone can help or like give me a quick lesson or something. REALLY WILL BE APPRECIATED!!

Etot mecyaz byl samym luchshim za vse mesyatsy

Something like that.. how do you pronounce it. BTw.. if you dnt feel like helping me with that.. just tell me how you pronounce Ty. Thanks guys ...
  • jump3rjump3r November 2007
    I think you're missing like 50 accents in there somewhere.
    QUOTE (Arvin @ Nov 13 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think you're missing like 50 accents in there somewhere.

I got the sentence translated from professionals (or what I thot were professionals)-

Ispeakrussian.com

lmao... there are accents in Russian? all the russian text I've seen have none.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (Anotherevil @ Nov 13 2007, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got the sentence translated from professionals (or what I thot were professionals)-

Ispeakrussian.com

You know you lived a sheltered life when....
  • PotatoPotato November 2007
    QUOTE (Anotherevil @ Nov 13 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ispeakrussian.com

my guess would be that the characters in russian are pronounced a certain way that english can't emulate without accents.
  • ScabdatesScabdates November 2007
    I've also never seen Russian text with accents.
  • PotatoPotato November 2007
    russian does not use accents. (mgs3 taught me that) but there may be long or short vowels or different ways to pronounce things in russian that don't exist in english. (which would merit the use of accents)
  • jimmah7jimmah7 November 2007
    i speak russian and could speak that sentence for you if you really needed it said correctly
    Everything worked out great and she loved it. It's all good. Thanks for the help though.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    She liked it image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ?

DISCUSS.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership