1v1 vs Terran mec
  • GovernorGovernor September 2010
    I thought I was completely screwed in this game. I don't know how to effectively counter a large army of terran mec, but I managed to pull out a win anyway. He got thors really fast, and I had to do everything I could to pump out some broodlords as quick as I could. I was saved by his desire to kill my expansions before my main base.

I think my biggest problem here was not upgrading. I didn't upgrade my ground forces at all. This would have went a long way.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/repl...s&id=152881

So, what's the best way to counter a terran mec army like this as zerg?
  • KurtKurt September 2010
    First off, I enjoyed watching that game! Woo, Z vs Terran Mech!

I have not myself had the pleasure of facing this on ladder 1v1, but I have been afraid of it!

I have a couple comments, almost all related to economy!

You were rollin' in dough mid game with 5.5k minerals and 1.2k gas!

I know that you were saving for broodlords but you still had a bunch of options that required minerals only.

-Sacrificial overlords to gain intel! Could have helped to gage unit composition, check how many minerals he had, etc
    -Mass expansions for the sole purpose of map control, gas income, and more larva
    -UPGRADES image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

--

Other notes:
    1. When you were being pushed back into your base you used a large sum of your larva on speedlings to hold off thors/marauders from coming into your expansion. Now I realize this was probably out of total terror of the incoming army, but you threw 3 waves at him. Those zerglings probably could have been used to blow right by him and run into his expansion (only source of income at this point), forcing him to retreat to save his economy.

2. Overlord spread! Had the income, overlord placement + overlord speed (for saccing overlords to scout, and to avoid harassment from vikings if necessary). You spend a lot of time flying around the map with your mutas that could have avoided by just using overlords image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

3. He was outside his base at expo (far running distance from back of main), could have possibly made use of a nydus canal, as those are always fun to see when they succeed.

Either way, well played! Climb the golden ranks!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership