Guild Wars 2
  • PhilPhil July 2012
    Dunno if anyone plays RPGs, but this one looks pretty good. I've been participating in the beta weekends. It comes out 8/28, costs $60 (although you can get it for $48 on newegg and some other places with a coupon) has no subscription. Its got some better assumptions about time investment and incentive structures than most of the rest of the mmorpg market. The PvP might even be decent (GW1 was). If you are bitter towards WoW/Rift/SWToR, this might be a better game for you!

I'll post my server choice once the release is imminent. If anyone is participating in the July 20-22 beta test weekend add me : Bootsy.3157
  • KPKP July 2012
    This was the only MMORPG I was thinking about starting. If I get some of my shit together before then, to the point I don't feel bad playing it, I'll be in.

Diablo 3 did not hold my attention
  • AlfyAlfy July 2012
    Phil just can't handle Happy Panda Fun Time Adventure's awesomeness.
  • JonobonoJonobono July 2012
    I have about 10-15 people who I currently game with that are eagerly anticipating the release of this game. Most of us played a bit of guildwars plus the expansions. If we can establish a server ahead of time we could set up a decent sized starting guild to play pvp + content early on. I spoke with a few of them about their preferences and they are all for it and don't really even mind the location of the server as long as it is populated. The general consensus I heard would be central. There hasn't been a discussion of servers so if you have some insight as to a decent server, we could easily be convinced. We have the intentions of being casual with an eye on the prize, per se and we want to have a MANAGEABLE number of scheduled evening sessions. I have no clue what part of the US you currently reside in so let me know if you might be interested.

This is an open invitation for everyone! A chance to hit the ground running on a newly released MMO! No more /2 LFG!!! THE INSANITY OF SUCH A NOTION!!!!
  • ErlingErling July 2012
    I think most of the people on here would be EST. I hadn't considered this much though.
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2012
    Bought the game with the weekend advance. Was level 80 in about 1 week. Tried to find end-game content for 2 weeks (It doesn't exist.) Is CS:GO decent?
  • GachiGachi December 2012
    So is this game worth it or not for the computer? How about RIFT (looks more like WoW though)?
  • redboneredbone December 2012
    I would say if you're debating between rift and the new wow expansion, for sure go with wow, I haven't actually played guild wars 2, but I heard good things if you're the type of person that likes to wander around and do side quests

on a side note, if you're into wandering around and doing side quests, skyrim is a fantastic single player experience
  • JonobonoJonobono December 2012
    Haven't played WoW in 2.5 years. It's a daily battle. Friends don't let friends play WoW.

As far as GW2, it was entertaining for about 4 weeks. Leveling up was actually a very fun experience as it encompasses all other peoples doing the same quest. The environment was quite remarkable. There isn't much end game content. You save up currency that is obtained from doing the same quest over and over again to buy gear. The limited dungeons that do exist don't drop gear, they drop more currency. It's gets to be a big grind. PvP was above average and was pretty much all I did at high levels. Each class is pretty unique. Tons of skills again which you obtain with... currency. The game had potential, but really fell short for me.

As redbone said, Skyrim is worth at least 1 play through on any console as it is one of the better games to come out in several years.

If you get on steam right now their doing their winter sales which usually puts recenlty released games on as much a 50% off. (Borderland2, Dishonored.) They also have weekly sales with some great games available.

Personally, I've been hooked on the ARMA:2 mod DayZ. Ultimate zombie survival. You start with nothing, and when you die, you start again, with nothing. However, survive long enough and you can find AS-50, M107 and reek terror on other players. No game has ever been as much of an experience as DayZ has been for me.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership