HOLY SHIT
  • Retr0%5ERetr0^ November 2007
    I was on my way home from school to hang out with some of my friends. About half way there (I was dipping) I leaned over to drink some water and my right tires hit the gravel on the country road, since I was going 80 I lost control of my car instantly and did a 360. I went across the other lane and into a ditch and finally stopping in a corn field. not until i got out did I realize just how lucky I was... not even 2 feet from where my tires tracks were was a telephone pole. And somehow my car didn't flip... the boys who designed the toyota solara deserve a raise for that small miracle!

Everyone has experienced a similar and probably worse automobile story... share you "HOLY SHIT!" story!
  • KPKP November 2007
    1. Driving on the highway. This is back in highschool and i had only been driving for a few months. This was the farthest I had driven before and I was with my girlfriend. There were several signs saying...caution slow down, turn.........for an off ramp deal. You know how it is, usually it says you need to go like 25 miles per hour or something, when really you can go like 40 or 50. Well...this time it really meant it. My girlfriend was distracting me, and before I knew it i was going to hit a barrier, so i turn it hard..do a little more than a 360, and end up in the middle of the road. Mac truck behind me stops within an inch of me. My gf was pissed.

2. driving on the back roads. It was winter but no snow yet. I go on this road all the time so I am going really fast..for some reason, there was a patch of ice and snow in a line, right where my tire was when I went over a hill. I go sliding off the road...on the right there is a ditch, on the left there is a brick wall..skinny road. I swirv left swirv, right, almost hit the damn brick wall, but end up doing a 180, and stop in the correct lane. Look over to my friend, we just sit there for a sec, he says "well done" and I say "yup" and we drive off lol.

• GovernorGovernor November 2007
    Despite driving quite often, I have no such experiences. It may have something to do with me being a good driver....
  • ErlingErling November 2007
    See - I had the opposite thing happen. I lost control going around a corner on some black ice; fish tailed and went flying off the road sideways and hit the only fucking tree within 100 feet. Of course, I was doing like 30 on the road and maybe 15 when I hit the tree (Sideways through a foot of snow is great for slowing down).

Maybe I'm retarded but what did you mean by "(I was dipping)"?
  • MagicMagic November 2007
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 17 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Maybe I'm retarded but what did you mean by "(I was dipping)"?

Chew.

back in high school some friends and I did the perkins-late-night thing. Afterwards we decided to pick up a movie and watch it at someone's house. On our way to the house one of the guys in the other car calls me saying he didn't have any money, well the person in my passenger seat did have money so we decided to hand off money between the cars going down the road. We were going 60-65, was the start of winter, and we were about a foot away from each other handing money from my passenger seat to the other cars backseat. I wasn't looking at the road too much because I was seeing how much closer I had to get to the other car, and wound up driving the other car into the shoulder.

It was fun.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    Well, one of the first time I went driving with our car here ( a Toyota Sienna ), my father in law told me to go back so I let the car go back alone, and then it blocks on the grass, he tells me to press the pedal but the other car I had driven was a Toyota Echo and it's so freaking weak, I press the pedal like I would with the Echo but I go hit a little bit in the tree because the powr is like 10 times stronger, so yeah that's not a HOLY SHIT but still it got me mad.
  • jump3rjump3r November 2007
    My only "HOLY SHIT" moment. One night I was driving on the highway, 120km/h, no traffic near by at all, no bridges, nothing around. And then "BAMMM" a stone or something hits my windshield and makes a 5 inch crack. More of a "WTF" moment, but yeah. No luck for me and this car.
  • cutchinscutchins November 2007
    QUOTE (Governor @ Nov 17 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Despite driving quite often, I have no such experiences. It may have something to do with me being a good driver....

• fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    QUOTE (Governor @ Nov 17 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I somehow have my doubts that Gov is a good driver, mostly because I don't think he'd even be able to reach the pedals.

image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> <3
  • MeatonMeaton November 2007
    Gov can make a car drift pretty good and make other in the car with him go WTF
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) November 2007

Uncle Vernon grunted. On the whole, Harry thought he was to be
    congratulated on his idea of hiding here. He was not, perhaps, very
    comfortable lying on the hot, hard earth but, on the other hand,
    nobody was glaring at him, grinding their teeth so loudly that he
    could not hear the news, or shooting nasty questions at him, as had
    happened every time he had tried sitting down in the living room to
    watch television with his aunt and uncle. He was a skinny,
    black-haired, bespectacled boy who had the pinched, slightly unhealthy
    look of someone who has grown a lot in a short space of time. His
    jeans were torn and dirty, his T-shirt baggy and faded, and the soles
    of his trainers were peeling away from the uppers. Harry Potter's
    appearance did not endear him to the neighbours, who were the sort of
    people who thought scruffi-ness ought to be punishable by law, but as
    he had hidden himself behind a large hydrangea bush this evening he
    was quite invisible to passers-by. In fact, the only way he would be
    spotted was if his Uncle Vernon or Aunt Petunia stuck their heads out
    of the living-room window and looked straight down into the flowerbed
    below. The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and
    a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.
    Cars that were usually gleaming stood dusty in their drives and lawns
    that were once emerald green lay parched and yellowing -for the use of
    hosepipes had been banned due to drought. Deprived of their usual
    car-washing and lawn-mowing pursuits, the inhabitants of Privet Drive
    had retreated into the shade of their cool houses, windows thrown wide
    in the hope of tempting in a nonexistent breeze. The only person left
    outdoors was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a
    flowerbed outside number four.
    don't know,' said Aunt Petunia, unconcerned. 'Not in the house.' The
    hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy
    silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. Cars that
    were usually gleaming stood dusty in their drives and lawns that were
    once emerald green lay parched and yellowing -for the use of hosepipes
    had been banned due to drought. Deprived of their usual car-washing
    and lawn-mowing pursuits, the inhabitants of Privet Drive had
    retreated into the shade of their cool houses, windows thrown wide in
    the hope of tempting in a nonexistent breeze. The only person left
    outdoors was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a
    flowerbed outside number four.
  • monkmonk November 2007
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Nov 18 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Uncle Vernon grunted. On the whole, Harry thought he was to be
    congratulated on his idea of hiding here. He was not, perhaps, very
    comfortable lying on the hot, hard earth but, on the other hand,
    nobody was glaring at him, grinding their teeth so loudly that he
    could not hear the news, or shooting nasty questions at him, as had
    happened every time he had tried sitting down in the living room to
    watch television with his aunt and uncle. He was a skinny,
    black-haired, bespectacled boy who had the pinched, slightly unhealthy
    look of someone who has grown a lot in a short space of time. His
    chuck loves little boys were throbbing with hot juices.

Very intense story
  • MeatonMeaton November 2007
    LOL
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf November 2007
    From my earlier days. DO NOT reach down to adjust the carburetor's on your bike while riding down a bumpy road. Not going too fast only minor road rash.
  • crazyd1415crazyd1415 November 2007
    homeboi was driving my car one day. I was in the passenger side. it had just got done raining. we were driving through this curvy ass back country road. hard to explain but the road was lower than the surroundings. kinda like small cliffs on either side. deep in the forest as well. he hit a super curb going around 60. lost control. I remember seeing the dirt from the side of the road coming straight at me. if we had gone straight into it we would have died instantly. instead, for some crazy the front of the car bounced up and we went up the fucking wall instead. this caused us to go airborne. I then remember counting each flip we did. 3 total. the car landed upside down. then caught on fire. my seatbelt was jammed. I somehow untangled myself from it and crawled through a little opening where the side door and window had been. when I looked back at the car I don't see how my head didn't get crushed in because the roof of the car was basically where the dashboard should be. the car was totaled. every tire was flat and the rims bent in sideways. The only injury I had was scrapes and cuts and fragments of glass and debris in my arms.
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    when my GF told me she was preggo, i said "Holy Shit!...now get me a coat hanger"

true story.
  • AlfyAlfy November 2007
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Nov 21 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    when my GF told me she was preggo, i said "Holy Shit!...now get me a coat hanger"

true story.

I told the guys in my vent that one.

I got yelled at.
  • Jeebus%26%2333%3BJeebus! November 2007
    QUOTE (fr4gged @ Nov 18 2007, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I somehow have my doubts that Gov is a good driver, mostly because I don't think he'd even be able to reach the pedals.

image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> <3

He probably has books tied around the pedals or he wears platform shoes when he drives.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) November 2007
    hahahah everytime court leaves the house, the yellow pages mysteriously disappear
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    Laughing My Fucking Ass Off @ Charles McCarthy's comment.
  • maliskmalisk December 2007
    For some reason I take driving really seriously. You'd think some thats never been in a wreck (while driving or otherwise) would be more careless.
  • dandan December 2007
    I've been rear-ended twice, and I nearly slid into a sign the other day in the snow, but I don't really have any OH SHIT moments. I'm not exactly a "good driver," but I know how to not do stupid shit while driving.

-dan
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch December 2007
    I hit a deer. Eastern PA ftl.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership