Who here is knowledgeable with C++?
  • GachiGachi May 2013
    I have been reading through two C++ books (still in the beginning), and am looking for those familiar with C++ who can lend a helping hand when it comes to questions I may have while I teach myself C++, as well as looking at code to offer insight. Preferably through AIM or email. Only volunteer if it won't take you days to answer a question.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2013
    I haven't programmed c++ since college, but I've coded in a lot of c-based languages, so feel free to ping me whenever.

Out of curiosity, are you learning c++ in anticipation of pursuing a degree? If you're mostly interested in getting into programming professionally, there are better options out there for learning to build practical software quickly.
  • dandan May 2013
    I'm in pretty much the same boat as Court. I haven't done C++ in a while, but I've used a little C# recently, so you can message me if you have any questions.
  • GachiGachi May 2013
    Well, I'm teaching myself c++ to be able to get into a programming job later, however, at some point ill be attending a school so having a leg up is going to be helpful.
  • AlfyAlfy May 2013
    Last time I wrote any C++ was about 4 years ago. A little rusty, but what you are most likely dealing with initially I am sure any one of us would be able to help with.
  • KPKP May 2013
    I could answer probably any question you have in the introduction part of you book lol.

I agree with Court though , unless you have a specific goal that c++ fits best to use as a tool there are more friendly languages to learn.

Tis what I hear anyway.
  • GachiGachi June 2013
    Court, what other options are you referring to? Python, Java?
  • ErlingErling June 2013
    Depends on what you're doing Gachi, I suppose.
  • GovernorGovernor June 2013
    PHP, Ruby, or Python. You could teach yourself to build entire functional applications using something like Symfony2 in PHP, Ruby on Rails, or Django in Python without the underlying disciplines that you'll require for any serious c++ development. You also have tons of options for serving up the applications you build, and you'll be doing so over the web, so no distribution is required.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership