Giving up on
  • waterxm04waterxm04 December 2007
    Counter Strike, Good luck ladies work+school+college+friends+Parties * the woman = -CS

Cya on the holidays
  • romerashromerash December 2007
    wrong forum,

enjoy
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) December 2007
    post pics of possible women you will rail.

life is better without cs.

enjoi
  • LethaLLethaL December 2007
    i will believe it when i see it
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever December 2007
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Dec 9 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    post pics of possible women you will rail.

life is better without cs.

enjoi

Thats funny
  • monkmonk December 2007
    thats the cycle of life.. you realize those things are better and sacrifice CS for them. Then when youve exhausted your time with those things, you come back to cs only to realize the game is still absolutely retarded and unreliably random
  • GovernorGovernor December 2007
    I am under the long-standing suspicion the game of CS is not so random as to warrant anywhere near the amount of complaining that is done about it, and instead most 'random' moments can be chalked up largely to a combination of play ineptitude, ego, and user-related hardware/software issues (although largely the first and second reason).
  • carto0ncarto0n December 2007
    my cats breath smells like catfood.
  • ErlingErling December 2007
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Dec 10 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    my cats breath smells like catfood.

So does mine! HMMMMM!
  • monkmonk February 2008
    most 'random' moments can be chalked up largely to a combination of play ineptitude, ego, and user-related hardware/software issues

If it can be chalked up primary to player ineptitude and/or ego its not a "random" moment.
    When I say CS is random I refer to inconsistencies experienced during game play as a result of it being online. Any lag creates substantial inconsistencies in relation to hitboxes/shot registration. Playing in a perfectly objective and humble state of mind, all ego aside, will not change this fact. Even if you provided the most elite players (all in an objective and humble state of mind) with a perfectly configured/flawless LAN setup, all other factors aside etc.. you will still witness a substantial degree of inconsistency in what is displayed by the nano second on each players screen, whether it be where exactly a player is visually in relation to where the server says he is, or whos machine displays the other peeking around the corner first. Then theres always the shots when your xhair is far from on the person, or the misses when you are dead on etc..
    Noting these inconsistencies is a matter of sensitivity and how quickly you process new visual information. CS is getting old compared to the new stuff coming out. The issue of online play aside, the games are getting more cutting edge/faster. With CS you can end up waiting on the game, especially during online play.

Like anything else people will use that technical "randomness" as an excuse...an excuse is an excuse.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) February 2008
    everyone here is guilty of interp making up for skill.
  • monkmonk February 2008
    haha thats true. theres been plenty of rounds won thnx to interp working in my favor image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thats random also imo.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob February 2008
    I don't even know what interp is heh.
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2008
    Quitters never win; winners never quit.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob February 2008
    You don't even play anymore loser.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    These newer games are so much more consistent too! What with:
    "Call of Dookie's" fantastic bullet registration and balanced selection of weaponry and
    "Army of The-Enemies-Are-All-Faster-Than-You" and
    "Cryshit's" superbly beautiful graphics that nobody can see at more than 30 fps and

COD4 will probably completely replace cs in the near future but I maintain that being able to equip a light machine gun and a perk that increases your ammo belt and another that increases your firing rate, and another that drops a grenade when you die that blows up any enemy that comes within 15 feet of it makes it seem a little foolish to equip say... anything else.

PS if they don't nerf grenades in that game soon I'm not even going to bother buying it.
  • cutchinscutchins March 2008
    monk how do you explain the remarkably consistent play of the upper echelon of competitive CS players if CS's randomness is so systematic and unavoidable?
  • ScabdatesScabdates March 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Mar 10 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    These newer games are so much more consistent too! What with:
    "Call of Dookie's" fantastic bullet registration and balanced selection of weaponry and
    "Army of The-Enemies-Are-All-Faster-Than-You" and
    "Cryshit's" superbly beautiful graphics that nobody can see at more than 30 fps and

COD4 will probably completely replace cs in the near future but I maintain that being able to equip a light machine gun and a perk that increases your ammo belt and another that increases your firing rate, and another that drops a grenade when you die that blows up any enemy that comes within 15 feet of it makes it seem a little foolish to equip say... anything else.

PS if they don't nerf grenades in that game soon I'm not even going to bother buying it.

COD4 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more inconsistent than CS. It's not even close.

In COD4 you can shoot someone in the head twice in a non-online game, and they'll still be able to knife you in the face from 8 feet away.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    I'm less annoyed by that as I am by the grenades really. You can get a perk that lets you carry 3 instead of 1 AND another perk that lets you drop a grenade when you die AND another that makes all your grenades basically nuclear warheads. So you run about with a deagle and a P90, throwing grenades at all the corners you suspect even slightly, shooting your laser accurate p90 at anyone you see and trying to get close enough to them that you can die at their feet with your supernades armed and ready to merk them. Cool if that's how your playing, but shitty when your in a server of people all doing that and you can't walk 2 feet without having to run halfway across the damn map to avoid getting instasploded by some stray grenade that the game is supposed to warn you about yet can't seem to even do that right all the time.
  • QUOTE (CJ. @ Mar 18 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    monk how do you explain the remarkably consistent play of the upper echelon of competitive CS players if CS's randomness is so systematic and unavoidable?

Luck. Arguably the only real human talent or trait. Probably the only one with any real impact.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    bought cod4 for PC and it's far superior to the xbox one. Some user created maps already that are pretty sweet. The ability to look around with a mouse is nice.

I'd still like to see some more patching, but I've been reading up on it this weekend and it looks like they have a couple more maps in the works and they'll probably release some general improvements sooner or later.

It was also 10 bucks cheaper for PC.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership