Dragon Ball Z: Live Action
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2007
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/
    I hope this is in 3d.
    Cast
    (Credited cast)

Justin Chatwin ... Goku

James Marsters ... Piccolo (Spike from "Buffy")
    other cast:

Jamie Chung ... Chi-Chi

Emmy Rossum

Joon Park ... Yamcha

Eriko Tamura ... Mai

Yun-Fat Chow ... Master Roshi <---------(ZOMG WTF BBQ!?!?!?)
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever December 2007
    how can you have a half asian, half Caucasian cast? I mean, shouldn't they stick with one or the other?
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Dec 25 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    how can you have a half asian, half Caucasian cast? I mean, shouldn't they stick with one or the other?

Ever watch the show? it's bi-racial.
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Dec 25 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ever watch the show? it's bi-racial.

No it really isn't...

There are Earthlings (one nationality), Saiyajins (so far the only one casted is Goku), and a Namekian as the main characters. The only two people they have casted who I would let by as a different race would be Goku and Piccolo at this point, and I am not even pointing out that Goku looks basically exactly like the Earthlings.
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Dec 26 2007, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No it really isn't...

There are Earthlings (one nationality), Saiyajins (so far the only one casted is Goku), and a Namekian as the main characters. The only two people they have casted who I would let by as a different race would be Goku and Piccolo at this point, and I am not even pointing out that Goku looks basically exactly like the Earthlings.

When it comes to DB/DBZ and questioning my facts, you are automatically wrong. Here's why!

By bi-racial, I meant multi-cultured. Even though the show is Japanese there isn't a set culture in which the main characters characters come from. You can make general assumptions, but as long as the cast looks similar to their character I could care less about race. And your own post proved my point also, so gg.

Uub: India-Area
    Native Americans: That one tall guy from way back when.
    Aliens: Goku, Piccolo, etc.
    Japanese: Yamcha/Yajirobi/Chichi/etc
    Caucasian (or appears so): Bulma, that dude who hosts the World Martial Arts Tournies, Mr. Satan, and various other minor characters
    Chinese: The guy with "Kill You" on the back of his shirt.
    Red Ribbon Army: Russia!
    African/African Descent: Various minor characters.
    Tien (???)

Plus many others I can't remember. Point is, you have to try to fuck up on the casting.
  • PotatoPotato December 2007
    this isn't dragonball z....it's just dragonball, the first series
    I thought it was going to go into the radditz saga at the end. Oh well.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon December 2007
    ^This isn't fan-art. You can't just make this shit up.

• fr4ggedfr4gged December 2007
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Dec 26 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When it comes to DB/DBZ and questioning my facts, you are automatically wrong. Here's why!

By bi-racial, I meant multi-cultured. Even though the show is Japanese there isn't a set culture in which the main characters characters come from. You can make general assumptions, but as long as the cast looks similar to their character I could care less about race. And your own post proved my point also, so gg.

Caucasian (or appears so): Bulma, that dude who hosts the World Martial Arts Tournies, Mr. Satan, and various other minor characters
    Tien (???)

Plus many others I can't remember. Point is, you have to try to fuck up on the casting.

Weed wins.. He wins so hard.

QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Dec 26 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tien (???)

Where do you get these "facts"?

Ubb - Is a traveling fighter...

Caucasian: Are you sure they are Caucasian? Most of them have the same skin tone as some of the characters on your Japanese list.

Japanese: Yamcha/Yajirobi/Chichi - the only one I can agree with here is Yajirobi, and that is because his skin tone is a little different than your "Caucasian" group, but the rest, Chichi and Yamcha, both have the same skin tone as your Caucasian group. So again I would consider most of this group and the Caucasian group the same.

Red Ribbon Army - An army... Armies are in other countries all the time, and Russians are considered under the Caucasian race.

I agree with you there is a multi-cultural civilization going on, but like in all multi-cultural civilizations there is going to be a majority race (a race where most of the population comes from) such as the U.S.. In the U.S. Caucasians make up just under 75% of the population and in Canada Caucasians make up over 85% of the population. I'm not saying you are wrong with the multi-cultural civilization in DB/DBZ, I'm just stating that first of all, because of the type of art it is hard to tell the difference If a character is an Asian and Caucasian, and Second of all, even if you could tell they would most likely be one race, or most of them one race.

I really just want to know the sources of your information...
  • StriveckStriveck December 2007
    GG
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2008
    Females absolutely adore a man who knows his DBZ!
  • NunesNunes February 2008
    Don't argue DBZ with Jason. It's like asking for butt sex.
  • BillBill February 2008
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Feb 17 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Females absolutely adore a man who knows his DBZ!

QFE
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) February 2008
    WHAT 9000?!
  • NunesNunes February 2008
    Conrad J Warre... THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
    Conrad J Warre... MY BATTERY ALMOST DIED
    Conrad J Warre... I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL BATTERY LIFE!!!
    Andrew J Nunes... I DON'T NEED THIS STINKING BATTERY ANYMORE!!!
    Andrew J Nunes... I'LL JUST USE MY GALICK GUN AND BLOW THE WHOLE THING UP!!!!
    Andrew J Nunes... DODGE THIS ONE IF YOU CAN LAPTOP! BUT EVEN IF YOU DO YOUR PRECIOUS BATTERY IS HISTORY!!!!!!!!
    Conrad J Warren... TRIPLE KAIOKEN ATTACK
    Andrew J Nunes... I hope your battery can take it
    Conrad J Warre... im gonna fight as long as my battery holds out
  • jimmah7jimmah7 February 2008
    NOOOOOOOO Emmy Rossum this is not the movie you need to make to get back into Hollywood!
  • fratersangfratersang February 2008
    and i never thought they could milk it more
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton February 2008
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Feb 19 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    WHAT 9000?!

No. IT'S OVER 9000!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership