Retrieving WEP Password
  • jkarate212jkarate212 January 2008
    So, I just picked up a new laptop tonight and as I'm going to connect to my network, I have to enter my WEP password. And me being me, I forgot it. Is there any way of retrieving the password I originally set? I can't seem to find any account settings or anything.

Any info you'd like me to post about the connection I have, just ask..not sure what info you will need and won't need.

Thanks in advance
  • GovernorGovernor January 2008
    I don't believe there is any way to recover the password. You can reset it, however.
  • romerashromerash January 2008
    if you log into your router you should be able to see it, and in worst case reset it
  • GachiGachi January 2008
    What these two buffoons said is correct. The reset switch should be on the back of the router.
    You can reset a WEP password just by logging into the router and changing it. You don't need to reset the entire router.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Jan 8 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You can reset a WEP password just by logging into the router and changing it. You don't need to reset the entire router.

Yes, however if he forgot his WEP key, and had changed the router login information, what makes you think he didn't forget that?
    Because it is a username/password combination to log in to the router, some people use a standard combination. However, WEP is just a passkey, so people often choose some random thing that they forget later.
    Yes, however, most people may leave it at the default info, but IF he changed it to something else, he MAY have forgotten it as well. I mean cmon, he is stupid. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • romerashromerash January 2008
    resetting a router doesnt change passwords, unless you mean reset to factory settings. Either way he cant set the WEP password unless he can log into the router
    I was referring to factory settings, IF he had forgotten his login info for the router, it's his only choice, which is what I was merely referring to.
  • MeatonMeaton January 2008
    your all are a lot of fools... Leave zer0^ alone just because he is slow and gay and done now how to plug in his computer to a wall outlet dont mean he cant log into a router and findhis infomation in there

LOL image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • jkarate212jkarate212 January 2008
    Pfft...yeah I know, I'm pretty dumb for forgetting something like a passphrase.

But, all set now guys. Thanks for the assistance image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
    Appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership