In my Help Desk class....
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf April 2008
    Ok so I'm kind of drunk right now, and this happened a while ago and it may only be me that finds it funny but thats all that matters image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

So heres some backstory

there is this retard of a manchild in my class called Pat, every single chance he gets he interrupts the teacher with some stupid joke or comment... Pat is always asking questions, this in it self isn't bad, but he tries to make himself sound smart by using big words...

for an example of his stupidty I'll list of one question he asked in a linux class:
    (this question just came directly after the prof. previously answered this question)

Pat: " ya I got a question, can you defragment linux"

Prof: *looks at him with a blank stare* " As I was just saying pat... you don't need to.. because ext3 doesn't fragment like fat or ntfs"

Pat: "well hypothetically if you wanted to could you?"
    Prof: "why would you want to you don't need to.."
    Pat: " well say i wanted to and--"
    Prof: "--no."
    Pat: "but--"
    Prof: --no
    Pat: so--
    Prof: --no

anyways

half way through the help desk class i'm reading a book because I'd fall asleep otherwise... and I hear Pat pipe up with another stupid question, i don't hear it all but it had to do with social hacking(getting peoples passwords by talking to them)

and I decided to chime in with an "addition" to his question as soon as I raise my hand the teacher leaps at the chance to shut Pat up and ask what my question is

Prof: whats your question?
    Me: Well actually I'd like to build off of what Pat was saying, and I also feel that this is what Pat was trying to say..
    Prof: ok go on
    Me: Can hackers steal my megahertz?

Now at this point the room goes silent everyone looks at me then looks at the teacher ( the teacher is czech and has a hard time understanding english which will help explain something later on) while the teacher looks completely bewildered, and after about 5 seconds of complete silence the whole class bursts out laughing as pat looks extremely angry and stares at me while i smile at him

the teacher then goes on completely confused and entirely worried that I don't know what megahertz means as he didn't catch that it was a joke a pats expense and spends the next 5 minutes ensuring i know which only furthers the laughter of the class..

eventually I'm able to explain to him that it's a joke through choked laughter

after the class ends the teacher approaches me and a couple friends while everyone else leaves, he then says that he wishes i had told him it was a joke earlier so he could of laughed to and that he was glad that i said that because it shut pat up (pat conviently went to "sleep" for the rest of the class and stormed out when it was done)

anyways long winded I know but I was bored
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever April 2008
    I enjoyed that story =P

every time I hear a retarded kid named pat i think of the movie "Its Pat"

btw that movie was horrible.
  • dandan April 2008
    Why the hell did you take a Help Desk class?

-dan

p.s. That guy's an idiot, well done, etc.
  • NunesNunes April 2008
    Thanks for pointing out the only real line of inquiry here Dan. WTF is a help desk class supposed to teach you? How to answer a phone and tolerate complete ignorance?
  • I don't have a class where I get to destroy some idiot's self-esteem, but I do just get to sit in the music library (as I am now) and make stupid people wish that they were abortions.

But I think Help Desk class should just be a prescription for some strong dissociative...there's really no other way to deal with computer problems that exist between the chair and the keyboard.
  • coffeecoffee April 2008
    the help desk class syllabus should read "Course overview: Testing your tolerance to getting your nuts whipped with a car antenna" because that is what you will feel everyday while providing 'help' for the public
  • fr4ggedfr4gged April 2008
    Dustin, this guy's name isn't Pat Seguin is it?

cuz if it is, I lol'ed.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf April 2008
    QUOTE (fr4gged @ Apr 4 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Dustin, this guy's name isn't Pat Seguin is it?

cuz if it is, I lol'ed.

no but he's friends with him.. and seguins a knob too

help desk is a mandatory class for my course, it's supposed to teach us how to effictely deal out support (but it pretty much went over the basics of communications for the socially repressed people in the class... and oh boy there are quite a few)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership