Palin's 17 year old daughter = Preggers
  • MedicMedic September 2008
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Sep 1 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There are far worse things about Sarah Palin than her daughter being a whore.

Don't generalize her as being a whore just for premarital sex. Shit happens.
  • xemplarxemplar September 2008
    QUOTE (Medic @ Sep 6 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Don't generalize her as being a whore just for premarital sex. Shit happens.

Yes, shit does happen. My brother knows that first hand. Though, it CAN be prevented. So, shes an idiot for bad decision making, but a whore? nah.
  • cutchinscutchins September 2008
    I remember the girls who were fucking dudes when I was 16. We had a name for them, I think it was "whores".

EDIT:

I don't actually think that. Just thought it was funny to say.
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Hey man, I had sex with my girlfriend when I was still 16 and nearing 17 and we were together for three years, I wouldn't call her a whore. wrap your tool!
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    But I think we can call her a whore for being an Alaskan with a vagina.

"You don't lose your girl, you lose your turn." is seriously a saying up there.

Side effect of a 5 to 1 dick to pussy ratio.
  • coffeecoffee September 2008
    Did anyone else see Levi's finger band tattoo

Guy can't even afford a real ring, how does he expect to inevitably pay child support. Ironically that tattoo will be the only thing that last longer than the marriage
    QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 8 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Did anyone else see Levi's finger band tattoo

Guy can't even afford a real ring, how does he expect to inevitably pay child support. Ironically that tattoo will be the only thing that last longer than the marriage

Um. He's not going to pay a penny. Not to the governor's daughter. If he ends up PAYING support, it'll be yet another angle to attack Palin from as she's using her office to benefit her family in yet another case of corruption.

Though my current tinfoil hat theory is that the McCain camp predicted the media asplosion surrounding Palin and are hoping to capitalize by acting incredulous about the whole thing.

Expect, "The liberal media hate-fest surrounding VP pick Sarah Palin just underscores how insecure the Democrats feel about their own choice in candidates." in the next few days.

It's that general feeling of victimhood in the face of any sort of adversity that energizes the republican base. And it's their ability to claim the moral high-ground and play the victims while spewing fictitious slander about their opponent that sets them apart.

/Careful about that seekret mooslimb, barry HUSSEIN obama biNLAden
    //His wife hates America and blames "whitey" for it's problems (still waiting for that tape)
    ///Obama served on a board with Ayers, and therefore subscribes to the opinions the man held over 40 years ago
    ////Leave Sarah alone! D'X
  • EvestayEvestay September 2008
    Ayers still says he would do it again and that he wasnt sorry for his actions
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    QUOTE (Evestay @ Sep 8 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ayers still says he would do it again and that he wasnt sorry for his actions

Even as misleading as this is, I still don't see how it involves Obama.
    First, I'm not trying to be misleading.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers says:
    Statements made in 2001

In the months before Ayers' memoir was published on September 10, 2001, the author gave numerous interviews with newspaper and magazine writers in which he defended his overall history of radical words and actions. Some of the resulting articles were written just before the September 11 terrorist attacks and appeared immediately after, including one often-noted article in The New York Times, and another in the Chicago Tribune. Numerous observations were made in the media comparing the statements Ayers was making about his own past just as a dramatic new terrorist incident shocked the public.

Much of the controversy about Ayers during the decade since the year 2000 stems from an interview he gave to the New York Times on the occasion of the memoir's publication.[17] The reporter quoted him as saying "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel we didn't do enough", and, when asked if he would "do it all again" as saying "I don't want to discount the possibility."[12] Ayers has not denied the quotes, but he protested the interviewer's characterizations in a Letter to the Editor published September 15, 2001: "This is not a question of being misunderstood or 'taken out of context', but of deliberate distortion."[18] In the ensuing years, Ayers has repeatedly avowed that when he said he had "no regrets" and that "we didn't do enough" he was speaking only in reference to his efforts to stop the United States from waging the Vietnam War, efforts which he has described as ". . . inadequate [as] the war dragged on for a decade."[19] Ayers has maintained that the two statements were not intended to imply a wish they had set more bombs.[19][20] The interviewer also quoted some of Ayers' own criticism of Weatherman in the foreword to the memoir, whereby Ayers reacts to having watched Emile de Antonio's 1976 documentary film about Weatherman, Underground: "[Ayers] was 'embarrassed by the arrogance, the solipsism, the absolute certainty that we and we alone knew the way. The rigidity and the narcissism.' "[12]

"We weren't terrorists," Ayers told an interviewer for the Chicago Tribune in 2001. "The reason we weren't terrorists is because we did not commit random acts of terror against people. Terrorism was what was being practiced in the countryside of Vietnam by the United States."[1] In a letter to the editor in the Chicago Tribune, Ayers wrote, "I condemn all forms of terrorism — individual, group and official". He also condemned the September 11 terrorist attacks in that letter. "Today we are witnessing crimes against humanity on our own shores on an unthinkable scale, and I fear that we may soon see more innocent people in other parts of the world dying in response."[21] Ayers has admitted bombing government buildings as part of his activities in the group.[22][12]

[edit]
    Views on his past expressed since 2001

Ayers was asked in a January 2004 interview, "How do you feel about what you did? Would you do it again under similar circumstances?" He replied:[23]
    I’ve thought about this a lot. Being almost 60, it’s impossible to not have lots and lots of regrets about lots and lots of things, but the question of did we do something that was horrendous, awful? ... I don’t think so. I think what we did was to respond to a situation that was unconscionable.

Second, I only posted because I disagreed with the notion that ANunes was implying Ayers didnt believe those things anymore and so I didnt mention anything about Obama.
    Fair enough. It was a bad assumption on my behalf.
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    2004 was a long time ago...
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Yeah, man, you were like 10.
    Touche. I still contend that he's still considered a "terrorist" and the attempts were to link barack obama to terrorism, which is underhanded. We could talk for decades about how I feel about Ayers and Weather Underground, but I'm sure the patriot brigade would pop in to remind me that I'm a traitor or something so I'll try and refrain. I'll simply say that he's not a dumb guy, and I don't consider Weather Underground a terrorist organization but rather a failed attempt at revolution.

"Today we are witnessing crimes against humanity on our own shores on an unthinkable scale, and I fear that we may soon see more innocent people in other parts of the world dying in response." (Ayers, Sept. 23, 2001)

The dude's got perspective.

I didn't really mean to imply what he thinks now, just that Obama's being espoused to an organization that hasn't been around since the 70's because he served on a board for a year with one of the more active members of said organization. Which is madness.

/Ayers is right about a lot
    //The second amendment is there so we can overthrow a tyrannical government
    ///Our government has bigger guns than we're allowed to
    ////Maybe bombs were the right way to go?
    I'd be happy to jump on the patriot brigade bandwagon and call you crazy, so please tell us more about how cool the Weather Underground was!! (harhar)
    I don't think he was inferring that the Weather Underground was "cool" so much as not a terrorist organization. I think his point was that just because someone plants a bomb doesn't mean they are trying to terrorize the public, nor does it mean their cause or even intentions are wrong.
    Court's got the general idea. Having the organization labeled as terrorists for 30+ years sort of reinforces the belief that they are in fact terrorists...

I'll get on tonight to talk about WU a little more, but if you'd like to save me some time and mention some of the things you disagree with them on, I'd like to hear your side just as much.
    I dont really have a side since I dont know much. I just figure that the bombing of buildings (even with prior warning so people can be evacuted) causes damage to the structure and is thus terrorist in nature. I looked on wiki for some quick info:
    The Weathermen were initially part of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM) within the SDS, splitting from the RYM's Maoists by claiming there was no time to build a vanguard party and that revolutionary war against the United States government and the capitalist system should begin immediately

Wanting to start a revolution against the government you live under and being willing to do so with destructive means is pretty radical in my book. Here are some of their alleged actions:
    In a bombing that took place on February 16, 1970, and that was credited to the Weathermen at the time,[26][27] a pipe bomb filled with heavy metal staples and lead bullet projectiles was set off on the ledge of a window at the Park Station of the San Francisco Police Department. In the blast, Brian V. McDonnell, a police sergeant, was fatally wounded while Robert Fogarty, another police officer, received severe wounds to his face and legs and was partially blinded.

Early on the morning of February 21, 1970 as his family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at at home of New York State Supreme Court Justice Murtagh at the northern tip of Manhattan. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn.

On May 19, 1972, Ho Chi Minh’s birthday, The Weather Underground placed a bomb in the women’s bathroom in the Air Force wing of The Pentagon. The damage caused flooding that devastated vital classified information on computer tapes.

So even though they are not intending to kill people in these instances, the things they are doing still seem to fall under terroristic activities (ie damaging infrastructure, scaring people, choosing high profile targets to make a point).
    I don't support the actions of the Weatherman Underground, so I don't really feel the need to defend any of their actions. However, I do feel it necessary to respond to one thing:

Wanting to start a revolution against the government you live under and being willing to do so with destructive means is pretty radical in my book.

Radical? Perhaps. But it's the pinnacle of our society and one of the few things that makes the US really extraordinary. Our own government framework was written as a means to fortify the right to and justify the necessity of violently revolt against said government and the people that sympathize with it. The constitution doesn't exist to make everyone rich and happy, it exists to make the government justifiably terrified to mess with us.
    Agreed about the usefulness of revolution, but what "inalienable rights" did the people in the WU not have that they needed to revolt to get them back?
    It's not scary when people are told why it's happening and the reasons aren't related to them. Thus it's not terrorism. It can be argued that they were terrorizing our government, but I'm a proponent of our government being afraid of us. They were a group of people that is the inevitable conclusion of any peaceful struggle that is met without answer for too long. Weather Underground (The weathermen, what have you) should serve as a reminder to those that lead us that we are not so weak as they want to think. If left alone long enough any system falls apart. It is the job of the leaders to lead, and it is the job of the followers to remind the leaders who they are supposed to be leading. Ayers and his friends sent a vital message to our government at the time and I think it's part of the narrative that ultimately ended our involvement in Vietnam proved that we have absolutely no say in whether our government fights or stops fighting a war. That's why there's nothing to regret. Except maybe those of them that were killed.
    1) They only informed the people responsible for the buildings the morning of or night before (I might be wrong) and that gives time to get people out. However, in crowded cities you have to expect people to be walking around who don't listen to the news 24/7 that hear a bomb and get effing scared. (If AQ told us they were going to knock down the WTC so that we made sure nobody got killed, wouldnt it still be a terrorist act considering the vast damage to the economy and the imagery it showed of attacking an American symbol????)
    2) Terrorizing the government is against the law unless you sufficiently overthrow it such that you are the new government and you wont prosecute yourself.
    3) It could have contributed to our leaving Vietnam but it certainly wasn't necessary. There was enough peaceful protesting and enough of a public opinion shift to influence politicians. The actions WERE NOT justified if the point was to prove to the government that people still had a voice in saying we must get of Vietnam because people already had that voice and it was working.
    I'll address 3 first. It's highly debatable that any of the people's attempts to get us out of that war were effective. We left when we lost. Not because we just picked up and left. Now, we may have partially been losing due to lack of support domestically, but that's the focus of the debate.

Now as for 2. Boston Tea Party. Not all acts of defiance are successful in creating the desired change.

1 is actually harder to deal with. I think that if a group of Iraqis put out a release saying they was a bomb in our embassy somewhere, and to get out, and that as long as we stayed in Iraq these bombs would turn up elsewhere, it wouldn't be terrorism. We started just slinging the terrorism word around for anything that scares us, but if you think about it we're scared because we're a bunch of pussies. Seeing a big hole in the pentagon didn't bother me. Seeing two buildings full of people crash to the ground... that scared me. Furthermore, they used planes full of innocents, and not bombs.

So basically you're trying to draw an absurd parallel, but if you take that comparison and make it apples:apples I still think it's not terrorism.
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 10 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Now as for 2. Boston Tea Party. Not all acts of defiance are successful in creating the desired change.

1 is actually harder to deal with. I think that if a group of Iraqis put out a release saying they was a bomb in our embassy somewhere, and to get out, and that as long as we stayed in Iraq these bombs would turn up elsewhere, it wouldn't be terrorism. We started just slinging the terrorism word around for anything that scares us, but if you think about it we're scared because we're a bunch of pussies. Seeing a big hole in the pentagon didn't bother me. Seeing two buildings full of people crash to the ground... that scared me. Furthermore, they used planes full of innocents, and not bombs.

So basically you're trying to draw an absurd parallel, but if you take that comparison and make it apples:apples I still think it's not terrorism.

2. The people in the Boston Tea Party were doing an illegal act at the time. They were still considered wrong by the controlling government (GB) until the controlling government changed to see them as part of the great history of the Revolution. The people who committed the acts did have a complaint against the King for violated their rights, but they had to go underground and wait to win the war to be justified.
    1. That is such BS!! Seeing the hole in the Pentagon didn't bother you? That kind of makes me sad for you in how you feel about the country you live in.
    2. You confuse illegal activity and terrorism. Then you make my argument for you, which is that the winners write history and are not inherently right.

1. If you aren't angry at the crimes our government has perpetrated worldwide over the last 50 years in YOUR name, I feel sad for the way you feel about yourself.

Furthermore, if you don't see the difference between attacking a government building to send a message to the government, and attacking a civilian target to send a message to the government by proxy of a terrified populace, I don't feel compelled to continue this, or really any further discussion with you.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership