Worth it?
  • carto0ncarto0n October 2007
    Is this game worth the purchase?

I wasnt a huge TFC fan, but ive heard OK reviews on this one. is there any major differences?
  • HoseKingHoseKing October 2007
    TF2 rocks, as long as you have a decent comp and know how to use teamplay.
  • scrubblescrubble October 2007
    i'm probably going to be purchasing the Orange Box in the next couple of weeks. i'll definitely give this a try.
  • woerwoer October 2007
    bought it, dont play it. kinda meh imo
    It can be kinda bad sometimes, but if you play with people who know what they are doing its a absolute blast.
    so i take it, not much has changed in the area of gameplay from the first TF?
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Oct 22 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    so i take it, not much has changed in the area of gameplay from the first TF?

Well there be no nades, and a lot has changed gameplay wise.
    NO NADES?!

That was the best part about tfc!!

Engy EMP Nades ftw
    It really cuts out the random spam and makes you actually play the game instead of spinning around tossing nades.
    again, one of the best parts about TFC
  • woerwoer October 2007
    shooting teammate snipers into the open on the top level of 2fort was the best part of tfc
    QUOTE (z @ Oct 22 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    shooting teammate snipers into the open on the top level of 2fort was the best part of tfc

^^ QFT....damn near forgot about that.

I remember you could go on the top of the 2fort balcony, crouch, and wait till one of your other snipers walked infront of you and blast him across teh map onto the other teams balcony.

Oh, anc conc jumping was fun for like 3mins too.
  • JeedJeed October 2007
    I absolutely love TF2. While I too was disappointed at first with the lack of grenades but as Hose said it makes you actually play the game and not just spam.

My favorite part of TF2 is how well balanced the game is. All 9 classes are amazing in the right situation - and I am learning that to have a successful team you usually need at least one of every class. Even the pyro who was mostly useless in TFC proves to be quite amazing when he can get close enough to burn someone.

This great balance can sometimes suck though in public games because if you have bad class makeup (3 snipers for example) you are almost sure to loose regardless of how good you are. Its all about teamwork here and usually it means one team dominates the other in a public game. When you actually do have even teams though the game shines.

Overall though the game is a joy to play - the style and humor are both very refreshing for the genre, and it proves a FPS doesn't have to be realistic to be fun.

I would highly recommend getting the orange box, not just for tf2 but for portals, which is quite possibly one of the most original FPS I have seen in a long time.
  • MeatonMeaton October 2007
    worth evey penny image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • GachiGachi October 2007
    most certainly is worth it. I love it and get a good laugh playing. Scout, by far, is one of my favorite classes now. Being able to run inside their room, steal their intelligence, and run out all while beating people with my metal bat... it just makes my day.
  • PotatoPotato October 2007
    it's very much worth it. though, i don't like what they did to 2fort. regardless, SPY RAPE YOU ALL. but people are getting wise to how spies move, making spies learn to be more convincing.
  • JeedJeed October 2007
    A good point Potato, I am find more and more good games as the community matures. Many aspects of the game, such as being a spy, become much more complex. I remember in the first week of beta a spy could just go invis pop out behind you and kill you. Now I find more and more spies getting killed even while they are cloaked.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership