11-13-08
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    The expansion releases: Ow noes

Anyone going to start playing again? Or is this going to be the beginning of the end? I haven't played in like 6 weeks, so i think i'm going to hold off til the expansion before I play again.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon September 2008
    I still don't even have Burning Crusade. I never got past level 40, so it never mattered.
  • dandan September 2008
    Northrend looks cool.

-dan
  • AlfyAlfy September 2008
    I need to hit at least level 55 before I get it / comes out.
    I must admit some the SS's coming out look really nice.

The one with the tree is by far my favorite.
  • redboneredbone September 2008
    There is a good chance that I'm going to get it when it comes out, granted I don't have to buy Burning Crusade as well.

Alfy, you play?
    i am not certain if you will have to have BC to get it, but my assumption would be yes. Even so it is a $20 upgrade right now, so it isnt that bad.
  • BrianBrian September 2008
    Some of it looks interesting, but most of it looks like more of the same. I will be trying WAR first, and if it is terrible, you can bet on seeing me in the x-pack.
  • GachiGachi September 2008
    I have a 70 rogue and will probably go to the expansion, however leveling another 10 levels will blow. Also, I will definately be playing the Death Knight class as well so that may hinder my leveling to 80.
    So all the shit i had to hear spew from your mouth at lanbqs and in vent about my playing wow, and you had a 70 the whole time. I'm trying to think of a word with more emphasis on you being a tool, than "toolbox" "toolchest" "toolbag". Await my future post you son of a bitch...
  • AlfyAlfy September 2008
    QUOTE (redbone @ Sep 15 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There is a good chance that I'm going to get it when it comes out, granted I don't have to buy Burning Crusade as well.

Alfy, you play?

Yup, just like the last time I told you.

Loser.

• TheDeamonTheDeamon September 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Sep 15 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Northrend looks cool.

-dan

<- playing in the beta, is level 80 on a priest, and level 77 on a hunter, hasn't touched the premades.

It's a lot of fun, Blizzard has definitely improved the "casual" side of the game immensely come WotLK. I think a lot of people are going to completely enjoy leveling through Northrend to a degree they didn't think was possible.
  • Yes. I can't wait for expansion to hit. Currently leveling my ally toon as quickly as possible.

Also,I'm starting a WotLK raiding guild along with some more experienced players on The Forgotten Coast. PM me or something and I'll hook you up.
  • romerashromerash October 2008
    gladiator at 80 inc!
  • MeatonMeaton October 2008
    i going to get it to lol .. now they did the upgrade today wow is all fucked up my server is not even there LOL ROFL
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon October 2008
    They had problems retrieving character files when they patched the servers, so a bunch were delayed. They finally got up around 6 PST, and now everything is so flooded nobody can get on at all. I can't even log on to my account.
  • MeatonMeaton October 2008
    lol they still are haveing issues.. left and right all night i heard.. and today i can log in and eveythign like i did last night but it slow as hell logging into the servers LOL

lol should of seen it last night when i did get in in strom wind.. the map was lite iup with so many green dots you could not see a thing LOL >>>

• redboneredbone October 2008
    I lost my mount =(
    They are saying its a display issue that they are going to resolve. Angah.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob October 2008
    Stop playing WoW you damn people, play cs !
  • MeatonMeaton November 2008
    So I just hit lvl 70 today ... Now i wait like a week to go up 10 more lol
  • JonobonoJonobono November 2008
    QUOTE (Meaton @ Nov 8 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So I just hit lvl 70 today ... Now i wait like a week to go up 10 more lol

lol
    lol go a head and lol at me.. get in teh dam game on the server i play on and let me drop from teh sky with my flying mount lol image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2008
    I'm gonna sort out my pre-order this weekend and pick it up on launch. I hit 70 a couple weeks ago and I've been doing Kara raids as practice prep, and BGing for Honor on the side so I can be that much closer to the new PvP gear.
  • BrianBrian November 2008
    I quit warhammer and went back to wow.

Currently we're raiding Black Temple to gear for lvling in WOTLK. Fun stuff. Nice to see all the content. Very glad I came back to wow. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Can't wait for wrath.

Look me up if any of you have characters on Mannoroth.

Bip
    70 gnome rogue.
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Nov 8 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm gonna sort out my pre-order this weekend and pick it up on launch. I hit 70 a couple weeks ago and I've been doing Kara raids as practice prep, and BGing for Honor on the side so I can be that much closer to the new PvP gear.

It would not suprise me if they made level 70 honor useless for level 80 gear. Again, thats just personal speculation.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2008
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Nov 9 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It would not suprise me if they made level 70 honor useless for level 80 gear. Again, thats just personal speculation.

It would surprise me. Level 80 gear may take more honor or be more difficult to get, but making honor that a person saved up useless is terrible. To help relate, let's replace "honor" with "gold". "... if they made level 70 gold useless for level 80 gear."

I'm not saying Blizz won't do it, but it'd be a slap in the face for some of the heavy PvP groups.
  • ErlingErling November 2008
    Brian, FD is still around on Manno FYI. I'm playing at least, not sure who else you would know. Oh yeah, Dan. Maybe more!

Can't wait for Wednesday (Night)!
  • TheDeamonTheDeamon November 2008
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Nov 10 2008, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It would surprise me. Level 80 gear may take more honor or be more difficult to get, but making honor that a person saved up useless is terrible. To help relate, let's replace "honor" with "gold". "... if they made level 70 gold useless for level 80 gear."

I'm not saying Blizz won't do it, but it'd be a slap in the face for some of the heavy PvP groups.

They initially announced they were going to wipe all honor and the tokens at the launch of Wrath but later retracted that prior to BlizzCon.

Instead what they will be doing is greatly inflating the honor cost(by a multiple of like 2 or 3) of level 80 PvP gear with a corresponding increase in honor gains at level 80.

Arena points people have banked will still poof when they ding 71.
    That is actually the best solution that I thought they could go with. Treat honor the same way they treat gold. Inflation. Increase the costs and rewards.
  • NunesNunes November 2008
    People still play this game? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

PC gaming is dying... and this makes me sad. Meanwhile, every time I think about playing more wow I think... "level 80's really far away..." fuck that...

I wanna play and all, but it's such a freaking time commitment. Bummer.
  • TheDeamonTheDeamon November 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Nov 10 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    PC gaming is dying... and this makes me sad. Meanwhile, every time I think about playing more wow I think... "level 80's really far away..." fuck that...

Level 80 is probably ~60 hours /played away for me.... if that.

lolbeta
  • AlfyAlfy November 2008
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 10 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Brian, FD is still around on Manno FYI. I'm playing at least, not sure who else you would know. Oh yeah, Dan. Maybe more!

Can't wait for Wednesday (Night)!

Is that server full yet? Me and the Wife may be looking for a new server to hang at.
    I dunno, i read a few things about them trying even out the game more. It would just suprise me if they took stuff you earned at level 70 and make it just as good at 80. The inflation would obviously go a long way in evening it out, but the 75k honor i have saved at 70 will still buy decent level 80 gear.

Regardless, i'm only sorta looking foward to the expac. Once it drops I know it will consume another 2 months of my life seeing all the PRE raid content. Is it weird to hate the game but still want to play it?
    QUOTE (Jonobono @ Nov 10 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I dunno, i read a few things about them trying even out the game more. It would just suprise me if they took stuff you earned at level 70 and make it just as good at 80. The inflation would obviously go a long way in evening it out, but the 75k honor i have saved at 70 will still buy decent level 80 gear.

Regardless, i'm only sorta looking foward to the expac. Once it drops I know it will consume another 2 months of my life seeing all the PRE raid content. Is it weird to hate the game but still want to play it?

... no. That's not weird at all. If you read any of the class forms on the WoW website, you will think that everyone hates the game, threatens to quit, but still plays religiously.

The only thing you can do is try to enjoy it. Screw the "latest and greatest" build for your class. Play your character how you'd like to play. Try and enjoy it.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2008
    QUOTE (TheDeamon @ Nov 10 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Level 80 is probably ~60 hours /played away for me.... if that.

lolbeta

Yeah. But the scary part is that you think that isn't a ridiculously huge amount of time. I'm replying only because I agree with Andrew to some extent. WoW is a well produced, entertaining game, but unlike a lot of games out there, it requires a huge time commitment. At this point in my life, it would take me almost 7 weeks to rack of 60 hours of play time, and I'm not as experienced as you, so it would probably take me much longer than 60 hours to reach level 80. It's a bummer that more time commitment is necessary because the game is fun otherwise.
  • ebolaebola November 2008
    I could rewrite some game they sell on Xbox Live Arcade in 60 hours of work. Jesus, that's a lot of time.
    What I read was that Honor prices on new PvP equipment, and introductory lvl 80 pvp gear are going to rise a bit, and they will also require arena points in place of marks. The arena points will be reset; honor will not. So I'm grinding some spare honor right now so I can skip some of the grind when I hit 80, and then make up for the deficit by gaining honor at the same time as I do arena matches.

Also it's good practice.

Anyone else out there on Ravenholdt? I'm Barleo, 70 Dwarf Warrior in The Ardent Brotherhood.
    lalal waititng for tehre server to come up lalala l wasting tiem and spamign lol
    It took a DK 45 minutes to hit level 62 on my server. They start at 55 for people who don't play the game. I heard it was some sort of build up from the refer a friend thing, but i never bothered to look in to. Anywho, i go to the bank to find my pay check didn't clear in time for this evenings launch, so i will have to wait till tomorrow after class.
    80s on manno already, 70+ DKs too.

I'm almost level 72! YESSSS... oh wait...
    Someone whispered me last night, stating they were "Final".

That's you, isn't it Erling? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'm not even 71 yet. I'm taking my time and splitting my time between that and going through the game again casually on a pally alt with a friend. We are getting triple xp image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
    It coulda been! ;p I messaged you all like "HEYYYYY" then I realized I was on an alt with the name Comma so you probably couldn't figure out who it was. lol
    I'm 72 already.

I sort of skipped the whole 'have a life' thing. Most of my friends all play WoW in the same guild as me, so we're running around questing together and hitting the instances.
    I also made the mistake of starting a DK last night. I definitely don't see Bip getting to 80 for a while now :x
    lol i love Dk lol image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    I still haven't made one. I'm the main tank for my guild now, so I'm busy keeping up so that we can get the instances in.
  • dandan November 2008
    To everyone that's playing: I highly recommend creating a death knight. The starting quests are extremely well put together. The battle for Light's Hope Chapel was pretty awesome. Play through that stuff, it's pretty impressive. Also, I'm very impressed with the quests in Northrend, especially the ones that relate to lore.

-dan
    I dunno, i got the whole 130 quest thing in Howling Fjord and it just seems like the same old leveling process, and not what it was talked up to be. I planned on reading the quests for the lore, but after about 20 I reloaded quest helper. Some of the vehicle components are pretty cool. But all and all, i'll be glad when i'm 80 and done with leveling. PVP servers are also a nightmare, but i wouldn't have it any other way.
  • redboneredbone November 2008
    know what i've been doing since it came out?????

doing the fishing quest that lets you get past 225 skill lvl with my lvl 65 rogue on arathor

^^

I play WoW hardcore =D
  • romerashromerash November 2008
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Nov 16 2008, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I still haven't made one. I'm the main tank for my guild now, so I'm busy keeping up so that we can get the instances in.

<3 the fordragon chain quest, def worth doing
    I have now completed all of Dragonblight, all of the Drakuru quests in Grizzly Hills, and the Drakuru chain in Zul'Drak. I've done basically all the available lore stuff, and I'm currently level 76. It was all really well written, and I really enjoyed the emotions that they actually invoked. Especially the stuff at the Wrath Gate; fucking awesome.

I made a Blood DK and got him to 58, through all the intro quests. I will agree, they were wonderfully written and well put together, but the class itself seemed to be lacking. It wasn't all that fun to actually play it, once I left the starting instances.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership