• NunesNunes September 2008
    Politifact fact checkers:
    Obama
    McCain

But I'm just smearing McCain so why bother listening to me?
  • xemplarxemplar September 2008
    You're right. Every chance you get, you try and beat down anything said about McCain/Palin that is "nice". That is why I stopped trying to get involved in your threads because that is all you do. This post exemplifies that.
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    It should not deter you from getting involved. I can't stand listening to the things my grandfather believes in, but i engage in debate for sheer entertainment value. Thats all politics are. People have opinions, and when shared with others, different opinions can be formed. Your post basically says "You disagree with what I believe in so I won't bother..."

As far as nunes post, it is fairly interesting.
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Sep 18 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You're right. Every chance you get, you try and beat down anything said about McCain/Palin that is "nice".

Only when it's not true. Say something nice and true about them and I'll leave it be, but if it contradicts something they said yesterday, or is completely false, expect to get beat down.

Welcome to the big leagues.
  • mungomungo September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 19 2008, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Welcome to the big leagues.

I'd like to see a picture of you.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 19 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because body builders are notoriously associated with "big league" politics?
    QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 19 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Creepy... but I guess I'll take one...

Big leagues refers to the world where people are expected to be intellectually honest, though, in case you think I'm being an internet tough guy. By no means the impression I want to leave.

I'd like to point out that 3 days ago I read a kos article that said Palin's email was hacked. I read them, some were lame, others sort of damning. It was Kos and it was easily fake-able stuff, like yahoo email screens. I thought, bullshit, what governor has a yahoo account where they conduct REAL business...

2 days ago FOX found out and ran with it. There is now an investigation into the hacker.

I didn't bring it up then because it was COMPLETELY insubstantiated, in spite of being fascinating. I don't bring it up in any real way now because the material has been eradicated from the internet.

I'm not some douchebag bully who's out to smear Palin's name, she just happens to have a bunch of shit going on that is questionable, or being investigated, or outright maddening.

Obama on a board with Ayers for a year? Working with Acorn? Having a crazy preacher? The Whitey "tape"? The Rezko connection? Ayers again? Sexist to Hillary? Sexist to Palin? Playing the Race-card?

I'm allowed to have no patience for it anymore. And at least what I'm posting has SOME relevance to this woman's ability to govern and happens to be, you know... true.

Meanwhile: This wasn't me. And in fact, I referred to Obama's statement that we shouldn't talk about that shit as it doesn't advance our interests.

And here's xemplar expressing "concern" over the Biden pick...
    Of note in that thread is everybody trying to prove that the DNC was paid for by all of us. (no outrage at the 85 billion to AIG though... image/sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />)

And the corresponding RNC thread I only made because I was so pissed at Giulliani. Note everybody jumping to defend the shit that I expressed disgust at.

yeah I'm biased, but at least I'm intellectually consistent.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton September 2008
    What I find more interesting about the E-mail hack was the reddit comment that was made. The people screaming 'foul' were the same people that were pro-wiretap.

Anyway, I'm not sure what this thread was to accomplish. As far as I can tell, it is pretty obvious that McCain is struggling to keep himself on track. What I'm finding difficult to comprehend is how most attacks from the left are aimed at Palin. In my opinion, it'd be easier and more effective to attack McCain.

On a side note, those graphs are pretty cool.
  • BrianBrian September 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 19 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Creepy... but I guess I'll take one...

Made me lol my orange juice everywhere.
    The point is alot of news pundits are crying foul at the sudden influx of negative adverts from the obama camp. But they are honest (for the most part) while mccain's camp can't keep from lying about both themselves AND obama in positive and negative ads.

This was a post to stem the tides of people saying "I thought Obama was gonna 'change' politics but he looks like more of the same to me!" Without listening to the content of both candidates message.

maybe I watch to much poli-news...
  • EvestayEvestay September 2008
    Here is a Palin interview where she talks about Troopergate and the Bridge to Nowhere if you are interested (ps I havent watched it yet, and yes it is probably biased because its Hannity):
    http://patdollard.com/2008/09/hannitypalin...is-russia-trig/
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Sep 19 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The point is alot of news pundits are crying foul at the sudden influx of negative adverts from the obama camp. But they are honest (for the most part) while mccain's camp can't keep from lying about both themselves AND obama in positive and negative ads.

This was a post to stem the tides of people saying "I thought Obama was gonna 'change' politics but he looks like more of the same to me!" Without listening to the content of both candidates message.

maybe I watch to much poli-news...

Ah. I see. I can't comment too much on it, because I usually stop paying attention to smear attacks. When I see or hear an ad/person/news piece that says this person did such and such, I jump on the internet do some research and soon enough, I get the full story (btw snopes is awesome).

From what I've seen, the media has begun to shout BS at McCain's advertisements against Obama. CNN did a nice piece that did everything, but say McCain is a liar. Remember McCain can say what he wants (can't be libel/slander, because Obama is in the public eye), but it will bite him. I'd be surprised if McCain wins the election, but then again, I'm in a blue state.
  • mungomungo September 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Sep 19 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Because body builders are notoriously associated with "big league" politics?

Not at all. I just want to put a face on the man who causes me so much angst. image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 19 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Not at all. I just want to put a face on the man who causes me so much angst. image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I apologize then. I completely misunderstood your intent.
    I can't watch the Hannity thing at work, but I'll take a look later on. (I hate that asshat for the record, but it's not about him, but her)

I'll listen to what she has to say for herself on the matters, but my predictions are as follows:
    1) I said thanks but no thanks on the bridge to nowhere
    2) no mention of what happened to the bridge to nowhere funds
    3) repeated mention of the grievances of the officer whose boss she fired
    4) a touch on the relationship she had with the officer whose boss she fired followed by number 3 again
    5) no mention of the emails she's withholding
    6) no mention of the willful silence on the part of everyone involved in the investigation into troopergate (They've all but said they aren't talking til after the election)
  • jimmah7jimmah7 September 2008
    she also mentioned that she watched the snl parody of her with the sound off and laughed as she said the imitation was spot on
    It's even more spot on with the sound on though image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

/whaht's the difference beetween a hachkey ma'am and a pitbool?

//You can legally euthanize the pitbull.
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    andrew i'd love to see you debate the guys on meathammer's forums. a group of more hardened republicans would be hard to find.
  • JonobonoJonobono September 2008
    She used the word "diplomacy" like she accually understood the meaning...

I am at a loss for words at how that interview made me feel inside.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo September 2008
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf September 2008
    QUOTE (mungo @ Sep 19 2008, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tits or GTFO????

Sorry had to be done.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon September 2008
    noodz plz
    Here you go, Andrew. You'll enjoy this one.
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch September 2008
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Sep 20 2008, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ty for teh lulz, as always <3
    "This isn't just baby fat from havin' Trig. That's thick skin... >it's.thick. skin.<

<world's biggest facepalm>
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership