We're baaaaacckkk
  • fratersangfratersang April 2009
    You heard it first folks..

we are bringing back donut CS 1.6!

8.7.224.65:27015

Baby steps for now...we have a new server set up thanks to Gamms and Maud'dib, so next time you see them thank them for their efforts. If you see maud using the tag don't hassle him, I have given it to him as a badge, honoring his contribution to our community.

Donations are always welcome!! image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I know many of your are skeptical of this move, but trust me when I say we wont be doing things the same as before.

More changes coming down the road...

any question feel free to ask!
  • GovernorGovernor April 2009
    When will you be getting around to cleaning up the tarmac so we can get that private jet back into the air?
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 10 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When will you be getting around to cleaning up the tarmac so we can get that private jet back into the air?

I think bud is still flying around the pacific with it, or did he bring it back?
  • BrianBrian April 2009
    Is it source?

No?

Gay.
    source is for skill-less nubs and you know it.

I'd take 1.6 over source any day...stupid 11 year olds shooting me in the head and thinking they are good.
  • AlfyAlfy April 2009
    Ok, I am down.

I will be playing tonight.
  • MagicMagic April 2009
    Nice!
  • I sense impending fail.

And ppl call me a cinic!
    cynic*
  • Muad%26%2339%3BDibMuad'Dib April 2009
    Hello all. I have played with many of you guys and by getting to know some of you I am glad to have helped get this up and running. Hope to see you guys soon in the server.
  • BrianBrian April 2009
    I know frat but it's where the people are. Regardless, I recently reinstalled steam and cs, so you'll probably see me in there.
  • ScabdatesScabdates April 2009
    P.S. Brian, more people play 1.6 image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'll be on the server sometime soon though, I'm in an Apple store right now.
  • Steven Seagal all the Macs up Richie.

Go to google image search, type in Steven Seagal and save one of his pictures as the wallpaper.
    BAM!

You just Steaven Seagald someone!
  • jkarate212jkarate212 April 2009
    sweeet. ill check it out tonight
  • jimmah7jimmah7 April 2009
    was in there for about 2 hours and it was quite fun. the highlight of course being the beloved tommy who britcharm'd me to death many a time.
  • LethaLLethaL April 2009
    played earlier it was good

bring back some good old memories

oh and thanks muad'dib and gamms
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Apr 10 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    P.S. Brian, more people play 1.6 image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

That is not true. Not anymore, at least.
  • JAmmYJAmmY April 2009
    No.
  • BrianBrian April 2009
    So yeah... I don't remember all my little cs rate settings and such.

Uhhhh.....

fuck.

lol

Washed up CS veteran here, who wants free kills? -.-
  • xemplarxemplar April 2009
    yay!
    whew..that was fun. We got an adhoc vent server going and had quite a time.

GG all
  • ErlingErling April 2009
    Frat, I can't play unless someone tells me how to adjust my rates and shit again! image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

< Same washed up vet issue Brian has.
    fps_max 100
    rate 20000
    cl_cmdrate 101
    cl_updaterate 101(?) - I don't remember this one too well. I think 101 is fine. Lower it if you get loss/choke?
    ex_interp 0 (after cmdrate and updaterate are set)
    net_graph 3

Those are based on having a decent machine and connection. It has been a really long while since I fucked with rates though, so I make no guarantees.
    Also, if I remember correct, ex_interp gets set back to .1 every time you join a new server unless your config is read only? Obviously you need to put those updates into your config file directly before you make it read only. Either way, your config should be read only so admins can't fuck with your binds.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 10 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That is not true. Not anymore, at least.

You don't find it odd that in about 2 months CS:S's stats for Steam increased by like 100,000 players, yet when you actually play the game all you see are bots around?
  • gammsgamms April 2009
    Glad to see you guys were playing in the server! I'll dedicate as much time as I can to getting games going image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
    i played...and got chewed out as usual. /sigh
  • lif3lif3 April 2009
    Gratz guys on getting everything back up and runing hope everything goes good. GREAT SERVER! image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
  • gammsgamms April 2009
    Xemplar, don't take everything so seriously. We only tease you because we love you! I mean that <3
  • BillBill April 2009
    I was on for like 2 minutes, like, 5 minutes ago... Predictably empty, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the hour.
  • I will make my appearance...eventually.
  • JubzJubz April 2009
    i love that you guys are gonna get this server populated. just dont fuck up the reg =P you will be seeing alot of me in this server.

Shout out to Gamms and Muad for getting the server. Ive been playing in it since they bought it and it is a killer server. very hard when you get a number of good people on both teams. accuracy is lights out.

oh and the dude that asked about rates..

the biggest thing is make sure you have netgraph on. keep on adjusting until you have 0 choke 99% of the time. Like the dude said rates and stuff are all computer specific. SO the values he gave will be a good start but may not leave you with 0 choke.

happy hunting all

Jubz
  • GRiFGRiF April 2009
    thx gamms and maud. congrats to the rest!
    ill be in there from time to time.
  • lif3lif3 April 2009
    Thx everyoe that helped set the server up if you were in or not in donut its a great server
    and i know some of you didnt relly know if you guys should but you went along with it so i thank
    you guys for setting up a good server image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
  • lif3lif3 April 2009
    D- Devestating
    O- original
    N- neverending fun
    U- Upperdogs
    T- To cool for school

(Couldnt find a word for U so did the oppisite of under dogs image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )
  • dandan April 2009
    QUOTE (lif3 @ Apr 11 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    D- Devestating
    O- original
    N- neverending fun
    U- Upperdogs
    T- To cool for school

(Couldnt find a word for U so did the oppisite of under dogs image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

TOO*

I got some people into the server early yesterday afternoon, it was pretty fun...until ish shanked me a couple times, and I got bored. I didn't do too badly, for it being the first time I played cs in about a year.

-dan
  • BrianBrian April 2009
    U - Uber
    QUOTE (gamms @ Apr 11 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Xemplar, don't take everything so seriously. We only tease you because we love you! I mean that <3

haha, i was just messing around, i'm waaay past that!
  • azn+mikeazn mike April 2009
    I gave up CS cuz I suck.
    So I play TF2. LoL
  • BlackLightBlackLight April 2009
    Fuck muad now I have to be nice to you image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • Muad%26%2339%3BDibMuad'Dib April 2009
    You know you've always loved me.
  • redboneredbone April 2009
    Good luck fellas.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    ohhhh that was fun. I hadn't played in so long my CS files needed to be defragged... Good times though. Server rules the same? No boosting, no vent camping with an autosniper, no blowing up of the dish? (if I remember right)
    Not that my opinion matters at all since I'm not even playing the game, but let me be the first to say that the no auto-sniping in vent rule is bogus.
    auto-snipers are disabled...
  • BrianBrian April 2009
    That's bogus as well.

I'll agree with no AWPs or auto-snipers for terrorists though. Some evening out is nice, since ters have the natural advantage on this map.
  • NunesNunes April 2009
    I swear I saw one of those suckers earlier. Whatever. I don't care, I'd just like to know what the deal is.
    the whole "who has admin, who doesn't" needs to be figured out...racist names are quite popular and it seems like no one is on...:/
  • MeatonMeaton April 2009
    hehe i sure someone would make a list of who is and who is not .. dont forget it only been a few days lol ..
    unrestrict autosniper
  • KPKP April 2009
    My PC is not working but I will join in once I get it in order.

On the rules.

Doesn't matter what team you are on, you should be able to buy any gun you want and use it wherever you want.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership