On the topic of CS
  • MeatonMeaton October 2008
    Guys you really need to stop make me do math ehre with teh GPA and such my brain only can hold so much information .. and it maxed out.. thank you fo ryour time

j/k

Were the love
  • MedicMedic October 2008
    Majority of my classes were honors, so that was +5 points. I took around 16 AP classes which were +6 points. About 4-5 dual enrollment classes.

Move down to Miami and have it made easy.
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    man, Miami. what a great school. you beat me there.
  • ScabdatesScabdates October 2008
    QUOTE (Tom @ Oct 19 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    man, Miami. what a great school. you beat me there.

LOL I R TEH MIAMI GRADUTER!
  • vegitotgkvegitotgk October 2008
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Oct 17 2008, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    PS = post script

lol yeah I kinda realized that after I posted XD. Haha thanks for pointing that out richie or else I really would have thought it was post secret for a little while image/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE (Medic @ Oct 19 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Majority of my classes were honors, so that was +5 points. I took around 16 AP classes which were +6 points. About 4-5 dual enrollment classes.

Move down to Miami and have it made easy.

So you took 21 classes that were AP or Dual Enrollment? If I remember correctly, you need 2 credits of PE, 3 credits of a foreign language, 1 fine arts credit, and 4 elective credits to graduate with a standard diploma. So right there is already 10 credits worth of classes. So on top of those, you took 21 more credits which were ALL AP or DE. This is a total of 31 high school credits which I actually did. I got 3 credits in middle school for taking 1 year of spanish, algebra, and geometry.

But in your case, having 21 AP or DE classes means every english, math, science, and history class you took since freshman year was AP or DE. Where the fuck did the "Majority of my classes were honors" go?

Btw, even if you took all 21 AP and DE classes and got A's in every class you ever took, your GPA would still be a 5.355 because your electives and such would have been weighted as a 4.0.

And please don't tell me your PE, language, fine arts, and elective classes were "honors" classes because then I honestly don't know how you could get anything below a 5.769 GPA from your school.
  • ebolaebola October 2008
    <marquee>BREAKING: Medic did not receive acceptance letters to any of the previously disclosed except Miami.</marquee>
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership