Sea Isle Lan - June 2009
  • dandan May 2009
    Well, I'm driving down separate (probably), but depending on when you guys drive down, I'd be willing to let you crash at my place. Harrisburg is kind of on your way, I think.

-dan

edit: forgot a )
  • azn+mikeazn mike May 2009
    I'm excited :0
  • Hey is there going to be anyone in the house before FD shows up?
  • NunesNunes May 2009
    Can we make a rule that prohibits people from posting if they have numbers in their display name?

It would make me smile.

Edit: Oh, it's Pete. Sup mang. I'm guessing it will be empty, since Court already said it would be locked before he or Phil arrived. I must admit I'm a little confused by this line of questioning though.
  • QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Can we make a rule that prohibits people from posting if they have numbers in their display name?

It would make me smile.

Edit: Oh, it's Pete. Sup mang. I'm guessing it will be empty, since Court already said it would be locked before he or Phil arrived. I must admit I'm a little confused by this line of questioning though.

Yeah I did word it badly. Anyway what I was thinking is that Sea Isle is a rental town, there is a lot of turnover on the houses there and I’m not sure what the rental situation is on the place. Are there renters before we show up?

If there is no one in the house, and people show up on Thursday before Court or Phil, then they could just chill on the porch drinking beers. Bill and I did that last time.

EDIT: Also is there a BBQ that can be used? And if so do we need gas or coal? And would people want to get in on some grilling?
  • GovernorGovernor May 2009
    There will not be a renter there before we get there, so you can certainly chill on one of the decks.

I don't know for sure about a grill, but I'll ask Phil.
  • BillBill May 2009
    QUOTE (paradix617 @ May 14 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah I did word it badly. Anyway what I was thinking is that Sea Isle is a rental town, there is a lot of turnover on the houses there and I’m not sure what the rental situation is on the place. Are there renters before we show up?

If there is no one in the house, and people show up on Thursday before Court or Phil, then they could just chill on the porch drinking beers. Bill and I did that last time.

EDIT: Also is there a BBQ that can be used? And if so do we need gas or coal? And would people want to get in on some grilling?

You know damn well I will be grilling. If the grill that was there is no longer functioning I will be forced to bring the BBQ-Pro.
  • PhilPhil May 2009
    There is a new grill. Dunno where it is precisely. Its probably gas.
  • QUOTE (Bill @ May 14 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You know damn well I will be grilling. If the grill that was there is no longer functioning I will be forced to bring the BBQ-Pro.

In any case you can bring that monstrosity of grill in New Brunswick, roast a pig in that thing. How do you feel about seafood grilling, not just burgers and dogs?
  • i have a sneaking suspicion that there's a 5 guys within adequate distance.

if you don't know what 5 guys is, you can get bent
    There are lots of chains within a half hour away. Why you would travel 30 minutes for five guys, I will never know.
  • PhilPhil May 2009
    Plenty of good food on the island. Booze prices are high though, so plan ahead.
  • BillBill May 2009
    QUOTE (paradix617 @ May 14 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In any case you can bring that monstrosity of grill in New Brunswick, roast a pig in that thing. How do you feel about seafood grilling, not just burgers and dogs?

I feel that it is very likely, as well as the grilling of several london broils.
  • QUOTE (Phil @ May 14 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there cooking basics at the house, salt, pepper, oil, etc. or should we bring those?
    Work under the assumption that there is not. I believe we just grabbed one of those disposable salt/pepper shakers at the grocery store last time.
  • PhilPhil May 2009
    Those things are USUALLY in the house, but do run out because there is no standard system for replenishment. YMMV
  • BrianBrian May 2009
    QUOTE (Phil @ May 14 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One plus of coming down from the frozen north.... DUTY FREE!!
  • ebolaebola May 2009
    I just drove from Winston-Salem to Providence. Went thru Scranton to avoid the clusterfuck that is NYC. 13 hours, not bad. Oh yeah, Connecticut drivers are anal-retentive and must be all women. (except z!)
  • BillBill May 2009
    CT drivers are the absolute worst drivers in the god damned country. I don't know what the fuck they teach people up there, but any time I've driven through that state I've pined for the jersey turnpike, or 95 near Boston. Those people are just fucking terrible drivers in CT. Seriously. Fucking awful.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 May 2009
    mass drivers are worse, they aren't taught to yield when entering a highway
  • BillBill May 2009
    I disagree, I've spent a fair amount of time driving in both states. I'd far rather drive in Mass than CT.
  • JonobonoJonobono May 2009
    Maybe i've missed the conversation but are there any plans for kegs to help with booze prices? If i'm late to the discussion i'll throw down whatever my share is. If i'm starting it, do the organizers know of a place near the house?
    You could, I dunno...read the thread? At the very least, you could read the first post.

I'm sure people will be going in on a keg or two.
    Thats the conversation i was looking to begin.
  • BillBill May 2009
    A few of us have already been discussing this. Details to come.
    Thats all i wanted to know. I will pay my share when a sum is determined.
  • hey tom, let's hang out.
  • my bus arrives at 4:30 on thursday. my only regret is that I have nobody to pre-game with. rest assured, if nobody is around when i get there ill be at the local bar
  • carto0ncarto0n May 2009
    hello.
  • PheylanPheylan May 2009
    Sadly enough, I'm only about 5 hours away from this Lan. That makes it the closest to me by far of all the lans we've had.

Maybe I can get weekend leave and come down...

Probably not, we have to stay within 100 miles of the base. Oh well. Still, we'll be partying it up in Boston that weekend. Wooo!
  • how long are you going to be in RI for? i live in boston, so if you wanted to hang out, let me know!
  • ErlingErling June 2009
    Since I don't have your number, can you confirm that you have a screen for me Dan?
  • dandan June 2009
    Yeah, I can bring my second screen. Also, Brian, let me know when you're showing up on Thursday!

-dan
  • BrianBrian June 2009
    We've actually set up a KOA rest spot in between our trip. Your place is about 8 hours into the 10 hour trip, so the sleeping benefit was going to be minimal. Apparently I didn't send you a message saying anything though, now that I look at my outbox. Sorry man, been distracted as amber actually hurt her knee badly enough to go to emerg. Hopefully it clears up a bit by the time we get there. We really appreciated the offer though image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

PS: Are there laundry facilities available?

PSS: Tell me narcotics are not allowed. Leave the dope at home, people -.-
  • cutchinscutchins June 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 1 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    PSS: Tell me narcotics are not allowed. Leave the dope at home, people -.-

lol, okay meaton
  • PhilPhil June 2009
    There is a washer and dryer at the house

and no dopesmoking on the premises
  • BillBill June 2009
    QUOTE (Phil @ Jun 2 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    and no dopesmoking on the premises

I don't even smoke pot, but are we really legislating it like that? Or is it more a don't ask don't tell kinda thing? I'm just curious.
  • PhilPhil June 2009
    Thats actually the old rule. Just not ON the premises. Its not hard to take a walk.
  • who else wants to take a walk?
  • ErlingErling June 2009
    QUOTE (dan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, I can bring my second screen. Also, Brian, let me know when you're showing up on Thursday!

-dan

Sweet babe, ilu.
  • mungomungo June 2009
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Jun 2 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    who else wants to take a walk?

Will you hold my hand?
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    I would like to inform you all that I now have to go an additional 3 hours out of my way because Dan is a bum who plays hockey.

For the record this is how Hockey is now prioritized in America:

NFL
    NBA
    WWE
    MLB
    Yanni
    The Preakness Pregame
    Conan O'Brien on the Tonight Show
    NHL

Tonight's game is exhibit A.

/just looking to bitch.
  • BrianBrian June 2009
    Cool, taking a walk works fine with me.
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    I suppose you do have an argument, insofar as you could lose your jorb if somebody came inside the house and found 20 people sitting in the living room smoking a bong. And then found out you were a cop. And cared.

But I can appreciate the long shot concerns when you're talking 'livelyhood'.
  • QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 2 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would like to inform you all that I now have to go an additional 3 hours out of my way because Dan is a bum who plays hockey.

For the record this is how Hockey is now prioritized in America:

NFL
    NBA
    WWE
    MLB
    Yanni
    The Preakness Pregame
    Conan O'Brien on the Tonight Show
    NHL

Tonight's game is exhibit A.

/just looking to bitch.

How does WWE get ranked above MLB... by anyone?
  • NunesNunes June 2009
    Better sales, higher priority in scheduling, more primetime network coverage.

A lot of reasons.

I'm not speaking to the validity of the placement on the list. But here's how it breaks down:

o The NFL always wins. Always. They will never be asked to reschedule. Their shit is in stone years in advance.
    o WWE was kicked out of the nuggets arena because the NBA game took priority.
    o Sometime last year in the playoffs there was a story of an baseball game that went into extra innings and was about to bump over a WWE event. They cut to the WWE event instead of finishing the game.
    o Recently, some NHL games needed to be played AFTER Yanni did an on ice performance, without cleaning the ice.
    o Also, last year the NHL championship game (I think? it was at least a playoff game) was cut short so people could hear interviews with Jockey's before the Preakness started.
    o Now they are rescheduling the network play of the NHL championship series because NBC doesn't want to cut into Conan O'Brien's debut on the Tonight Show.

Maybe MLB jumps up and down about WWE.

• coffeecoffee June 2009
    you forgot to list that the MLB is boring as fuck

/opinion
  • BrianBrian June 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 2 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I suppose you do have an argument, insofar as you could lose your jorb if somebody came inside the house and found 20 people sitting in the living room smoking a bong. And then found out you were a cop. And cared.

But I can appreciate the long shot concerns when you're talking 'livelyhood'.

That's really the only reason I care. I've dealt with my fair share of pot smokers, and I've never had a problem with (or arrested) any of them.

Though I'm not a cop yet, on the (admittedly very slim) chance that anything were to happen, it would still have the same effect as described above, as it is my career choice.

Also, at this point I'm packing up the laptop and won't have it out again until the lan. See you all there!
  • azn+mikeazn mike June 2009
    HARPER DOBAI!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership