Fantasy Football 2010!
  • BlackLightBlackLight August 2010
    Gauging if there's any interest left here after I absolutely demolished the competition last season. Post if you're interested and if we get enough (say, 10), it's going up!
  • BillBill August 2010
    In
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2010
    Redemption time.

In.
  • PheylanPheylan August 2010
    in
  • mungomungo August 2010
    In

Monetary incentives?
  • jkarate212jkarate212 August 2010
    in
  • AlfyAlfy August 2010
    In
    so typical of mungo to be asking about monetary incentives.....

we'll figure it out once we get enough peeps
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    In. Can I bring a friend? We're both looking for another league outside of the work league.
    andrew your friend is my friend (with benefits)
  • KPKP August 2010
    Most Definitely in.
  • WedgeWedge August 2010
    In
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof August 2010
    IN!
    Alright, we have 12 interested so far, so I just recreated the league from last year. If you weren't in it last year, click the link below and enter the league ID and pw (that should work - if not, just go to yahoo fantasy football, find "join private league" and enter said info). Everyone who was in it last year should get an email from whatever account they used last year.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/le.../forbiddendonut
    ID: 342798
    pw: govisshort
  • KPKP August 2010
    Done - LessNoobish

Prepare to get owned.
  • xemplarxemplar August 2010
    Already signed up. Prepare to lose!!!!...image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    Registered. Riddickulous.

The freind mentioned above: TheHandEggHooligans
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    wtf is this defensive player bullshit?
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    and why is the draft starting at 9 pm? Kinda late if you ask me.
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2010
    Must be afraid, because my invitation is no longer valid AND I can't sign up as a new person.

Scaredy Cats...
    hold on, I haven't looked at shit yet let me check the settings, everything should've been the same as last year...

EDIT: if anyone has the same problem as JAMMY, pm me your yahoo ID or just write it here.

also, andrew, i've always played with one defensive player, if others disagree we can vote on it i don't care too much about it. P-Wills is a beast

FURTHER EDIT:

oh and the time is obvie subject to change I just picked something random. once everyone's locked in i'll set a definite one. it will be hard to please everyone though...
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2010
    In.
  • MagicMagic August 2010
    Registered -- Purple Jesus

Draft date and time works for me.
  • GovernorGovernor August 2010
    I'm going to pass this year. However, if the registration deadline is looming and you still need people, let me know.
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof August 2010
    I'm special and don't get home until 10:15 Sun and Mondays... other than that I'm free for the draft.
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    I would just rather not be up til 11:45 on a work night picking through the draft garbage with you folks. I wasn't in the league last year though, so idk if you're fast.

My work league is ... not. A live draft with a few call-ins takes a while. You have to keep re-capping the last round of picks to the guys on the phone. I think last year the Fark league took like an hour, but the work league took 4. With fewer players.
  • MagicMagic August 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Aug 9 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would just rather not be up til 11:45 on a work night picking through the draft garbage with you folks. I wasn't in the league last year though, so idk if you're fast.

My work league is ... not. A live draft with a few call-ins takes a while. You have to keep re-capping the last round of picks to the guys on the phone. I think last year the Fark league took like an hour, but the work league took 4. With fewer players.

There's no recapping or anything in this league...

For those who are able to participate in the draft, you just sign-in at the time of the draft and click on the player you want when your turn comes up. Wait a few minutes for your turn to come up again and repeat. There's a history bar on the right so people can see what has happened if they need to. I think you get a maximum of 3 minutes for each turn??

For those who can't participate in the draft, Yahoo will auto-pick for you based on how you have players ranked. You may think that's a crappy way to draft, but the auto-pick usually results in a very balanced team from what I remember in the past.
    the draft will probably be earlier and on a different date, i'm just biased because i'm on the west coast. if anyone has a time in mind that works for them, post it here
    need one more team for an even, goodly number (14). i'm not saying gov needs to step up and redeem himself from last year's awkward points experiment, but....
  • GovernorGovernor August 2010
    When is the registration deadline?
    probably two weeks from now/before the draft, i.e. whenever i feel like it
  • b1llyb1lly August 2010
    You should probably do auto-draft anyway. Yahoo autodraft has won my league for me 3/4 years.
  • BillBill August 2010
    One of the guys I work with wants to play another league... I'll see if I can get him to sign up tomorrow.
    annnnd we're FULL!!! thanks to everyone who signed up.

next order of business is determining a draft time that works for the most people. If everyone who signed up could kindly put their preferred time/day, or whichever times they CAN'T do, that would help. i'll have a time hopefully set in concrete by the end of this week.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 August 2010
    Signed up-----> Tits
  • MagicMagic August 2010
    8/12 -- anytime after 5 pm EST
    8/13 -- not available
    8/14 -- anytime
    8/15 -- anytime after 3 pm EST
    8/16 -- anytime after 5 pm EST
    8/17 -- anytime after 5 pm EST
    8/18 through 8/21 -- not available
    8/22 -- anytime after 5 pm EST
    8/23 -- anytime after 7pm EST
    8/24 through 8/26 -- anytime after 5 pm EST
    8/27 -- not available
    8/28 and 8/29 -- anytime
    8/30 through 9/3 anytime after 5 pm EST
    I don't get my flight schedule until 6 pm the day before. So if the draft is on a Thursday, I won't know what I'm doing on Thursday until Wednesday at 6 pm. So...I'm just hoping to get lucky. Night time should work ok for me though.
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Aug 11 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't get my flight schedule until 6 pm the day before. So if the draft is on a Thursday, I won't know what I'm doing on Thursday until Wednesday at 6 pm. So...I'm just hoping to get lucky. Night time should work ok for me though.

Set up and tweak your autodraft settings a few times just in case.

Or trust yahoo's autodraft, which is surprisingly good every now and again.

Also:
    Unavailable: 8/18 - 8/22
    Available: Every single other day for the next month
    Preferred: No later than 8 on weeknights.
  • mungomungo August 2010
    I'm unavailable from the Aug 19-22, 27-29.
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    QUOTE (mungo @ Aug 12 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm unavailable from the Aug 19-22, 27-29.

Folk Fest?

image/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
  • AlfyAlfy August 2010
    I am free pretty much whenever.
    tentative draft time: Thu Sep 2 5:00pm PDT
  • mungomungo August 2010
    Can it not be Thursday? How about Wednesday?
    How does Wednesday at 5 sound? This will be the last time I change it.

and by 5 I meant 5 Pacific time so 8 for all you fucks
    Later in the day would be better for me, but any day of the week is fine. And I'm central time.
  • KPKP August 2010
    I cannot do 8 on Weds. 8 on Thursday would be fine.
    can you do 8:30 kp because that's what it is right now. Wednesday is also better for me
    We are fine with any time that isn't ok for you. Choose that.
  • KPKP August 2010
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Aug 26 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    can you do 8:30 kp because that's what it is right now. Wednesday is also better for me

Nope, can't make that either. Basically anything after 9 I can do on a Weds.

Can we make it 9:15 or 9:30?
    We can but Andrew goes to bed at 8pm or something and gets pissed at me. if he doesn't say anything by tomorrow i will
  • NunesNunes August 2010
    Fucking dowit.

Get your boards ready, fools. I just don't want to be drafting til midnight before going into work. Work sucks enough as it is without being tired.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership